Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi,

Wonder if anyone can share the advise and different effect and application of flooring materials, such as

1) Ceramic

2) Homogenous (most popular now)

3) Slab (my renovator recommend to have slab in kitchen, service balcony and balcony)

4) Broken Marble

5) Marble

etc..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

Wonder if anyone can share the advise and different effect and application of flooring materials, such as

1) Ceramic

3) Slab (my renovator recommend to have slab in kitchen, service balcony and balcony)

4) Broken Marble

5) Marble

etc..

Depends on what you want i think.

Homogeneous is nice to look ( sleek & trendy feel ) at but it is not durable. If you intend to sell your flat later, i presume is ok .

My last flat is Ceramic glazed. It is definitely better than Ceramic Matt ( current flat ). Ceramic chipped when you drop something hard on it. Homogeneous if chipped, will show similar colour.

Now we are looking at getting Granite for our upcoming flat because Granite is suppose to be the hardest stone ( next to diamond ). Though i think the choice of the country make is important. Understand from contractor that if you go for Granite , you need to choose India make ( more ex) but at least it wont absorb water ( means stain if you spill ).

Marble will need polish in a few years time ( according to friends who has it ).

Overall if you are looking into a long stay . I think flooring is important. Friend just told me recently, is worth all the money! Is true, the first qn the valuator came the other day , she asked. This floor is ceramic right ? So i do think the different flooring will affect your valuation price also.

Depends on what you want i think.

Homogeneous is nice to look ( sleek & trendy feel ) at but it is not durable. If you intend to sell your flat later, i presume is ok .

My last flat is Ceramic glazed. It is definitely better than Ceramic Matt ( current flat ). Ceramic chipped when you drop something hard on it. Homogeneous if chipped, will show similar colour.

Now we are looking at getting Granite for our upcoming flat because Granite is suppose to be the hardest stone ( next to diamond ). Though i think the choice of the country make is important. Understand from contractor that if you go for Granite , you need to choose India make ( more ex) but at least it wont absorb water ( means stain if you spill ).

Marble will need polish in a few years time ( according to friends who has it ).

Overall if you are looking into a long stay . I think flooring is important. Friend just told me recently, is worth all the money! Is true, the first qn the valuator came the other day , she asked. This floor is ceramic right ? So i do think the different flooring will affect your valuation price also.

marble need a look of care. It shine will easily last for 10 yrs if care is taken, mine when i sold my hse is already 13 yrs. New owner take over said that the contrator advise no need to polish as the shine is still there.

As for Granite I think e contractor is Bull ****. India Make is expensive due to colour tone and texture , like blue pearl . Granite is Porious so regardless where is it from is will absorb water.

marble need a look of care. It shine will easily last for 10 yrs if care is taken, mine when i sold my hse is already 13 yrs. New owner take over said that the contrator advise no need to polish as the shine is still there.

As for Granite I think e contractor is Bull ****. India Make is expensive due to colour tone and texture , like blue pearl . Granite is Porious so regardless where is it from is will absorb water.

really ah. ok noted. so the more cant spill coffee and stuff. my only concern is my dog ... think i better lock her in kitchen or balcony when we are not at home.

i was recommended composite strips for bedrooms. anyone has any idea what's that? i was told it is not laminate but some kind of vinyl. anyone using it? comments about durability, ease of maintainence and resistance?

i was recommended composite strips for bedrooms. anyone has any idea what's that? i was told it is not laminate but some kind of vinyl. anyone using it? comments about durability, ease of maintainence and resistance?

Hi,

I just bought my marbles from Polybuilding at Tuas Ave a few weeks ago, they were clearing marbles at $2 psf, that is cheaper that tile, think the sale is still on.......

Hi, me a newbie here.

What is homogenous floor? Is it the type that has a layer of laminate over it?

In terms of price (per sqft), generally which is more expensive? ceramic, marble, laminate, homogenous, etc.

I see quotations usually state that a particular flooring or tiles is $xx per sqft. Does this cost include the laying of the tiles? For example if my room is 500 sqft and the cost for a particular tile is $3 per sqft, then the total cost for laying that tiles in the room is 500*$3=$$1500?

Thanks.

if you have the budget, get granite flooring, it's the most durable.

its durable. but if u intend to build your house to match a certain theme. the design of granite might not be able to match.

well the materials to be used in making home improvements varies in every individuals

preference. just follow your heart and choose the one that you liked the most.

Hi,

1) Ceramic

4) Broken Marble

5) Marble

etc..

Like any interior design product selection choice, flooring comes down to five basic questions. The longevity - how long do you want the floor product to last? Is it an impervious surface? Does it fit within your budget? Does the flooring product fit in with your home's overall design concept? The colors and textures? This basic questions will guide you on which type of flooring will suite your house.

A ceramic is an inorganic, non-metallic solid prepared by the action of heat and subsequent cooling. Ceramic materials may have a crystalline or partly crystalline structure, or may be amorphous. Because most common ceramics are crystalline, the definition of ceramic is often restricted to inorganic crystalline materials, as opposed to the non-crystalline glasses.

salt lake city retaining wall