Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
amrasenelya

Amras And Enelya's Home..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Congrates on getting the keys! Heheh, can start reno liao. :P The place looks bright and spacious woh. :D

I think my fittings were fixed around the middle of the reno. Think u better check with ur ID/contractor when they intend to fix the stuff, then u can agar agar see when to buy and deliver. :)

Pre-reno part 2..

P1040831.jpg

Common room 1

P1040833.jpg

Common room 2

P1040834.jpg

Master bedroom

P1040837.jpg

P1040838.jpg

Master bedroom toilet

Tmr hopefully can settle the toilet fittings too!

Btw, just a quick question, will the contractor install the fittings in the middle or near the end of the reno stage?

for mine, sanitary items like WC, basin, taps and heater were all up once flooring n wall tiles are done....fitting came in after the washing was done.... :D

thanks angel, JAndG, and feimei! :P

I think we'll get the shop to deliver the fittings next week, but only install it nearer to the end of the reno..

as for the stainless steel stuffs like taps and shower sets, maybe get the plumber to drill the holes, and temporarily put it there, then before chemical wash, remove and get it outta the flat so that it wont get stained/tarnished by the chemical wash? is it better that way?

Although my contractor says usually after some washes on the kitchen sink, if there are ANY tarnish, it will be washed away after dat... its usually the hinges on the lower kitchen cabinets that gets affected by the fumes from the chemical wash.... and he said he will replace the hinges if there are any rust/tarnish on the kitchen cabinets.. :D very good.. hee.. but i think i will remove the stainless steel stuff n bring it home to be on the safe side when they do chemical wash! :P:P:P

Day 1 of hacking...

P1040876.jpg

Kitchen cabinets gone! :P

P1040878.jpg

Master toilet gone! :P

P1040877.jpg

Common toilet half gone! :P

Major hacking of one of the wall wasnt done yet... Think tonight will go back there after work to see..

Our little toilet floor tiles were here on the first day too... happy! :D

P1040854.jpg

I think we'll get the shop to deliver the fittings next week, but only install it nearer to the end of the reno..

as for the stainless steel stuffs like taps and shower sets, maybe get the plumber to drill the holes, and temporarily put it there, then before chemical wash, remove and get it outta the flat so that it wont get stained/tarnished by the chemical wash? is it better that way?

Although my contractor says usually after some washes on the kitchen sink, if there are ANY tarnish, it will be washed away after dat... its usually the hinges on the lower kitchen cabinets that gets affected by the fumes from the chemical wash.... and he said he will replace the hinges if there are any rust/tarnish on the kitchen cabinets.. :D very good.. hee.. but i think i will remove the stainless steel stuff n bring it home to be on the safe side when they do chemical wash! :P:P:P

Day 1 of hacking...

Hee, yupz. Think it's good to install the stuff nearer to the end of the reno. That way, the workers are not able to use ur new stuff. That time they installed mine around the middle of the reno. Then the workers use my brand new wc and got some stains that I had to clean off. :curse:

Hee, yupz. Think it's good to install the stuff nearer to the end of the reno. That way, the workers are not able to use ur new stuff. That time they installed mine around the middle of the reno. Then the workers use my brand new wc and got some stains that I had to clean off. :curse:

we're also afraid that our wc will be misused or dirtied, so we brought this up to our contractor. he said if that's the case then he'll only install the wc nearer to the end of the reno. :) though it's like bit bad of us to limit them the use of our toilet, but then again, if it's misused, we're the ones who gotta clean it up.

Day 1 of hacking...

P1040876.jpg

Kitchen cabinets gone! :P

P1040878.jpg

Master toilet gone! :P

P1040877.jpg

Common toilet half gone! :P

Major hacking of one of the wall wasnt done yet... Think tonight will go back there after work to see..

Our little toilet floor tiles were here on the first day too... happy! :D

P1040854.jpg

My case , they install the SS stuff after chem wash :)

My case , they install the SS stuff after chem wash :)

so in ur case the plumber came down twice? first to measure n drill holes for the shower bars and taps and mixers, den after chemical wash then they come n install again??

wad abt kitchen sink leh? if we goin to undermount.. den maybe cannot do after chemical wash hor?

More hack hack done... :P

P1040896.jpg

New door frame waiting to be slot in.. :)

P1040898.jpg

No more wall! :D

P1040899.jpg

Our feels big-but-not-big-mbr..

P1040888.jpg

:o they gonna keep the grills! but ok la, its still in v gd condition.. just dat we dun like it.. :P

P1040904.jpg

Hubby's notes to the uncle tiler... think he spent quite awhile on dictionaries and google to get those chinese words out.. heh.. im amazed i can still read!

Edited by amrasenelya

Wah, the place looks very spacious after hacking! :D

hehe yea! but i think after i do up my wardrobe like yours in mbr, it'll look even smaller...

we cant wait to always go back home to check out the process daily, even if it means travelling additional 40 mins to punggol.. haha.. :P

3rd-4th day of reno

IMG_0877.jpg

kitchen cabinet base all done up!

IMG_0879.jpg

fridge base.. due to that stupid column, our fridge extends out by quite abit.. but looking on the bright side, it has air to breathe at the back.. so wont heat up too much.. i hope! :D

IMG_0881.jpg

its amazing that our contractor managed to find such a closely matched tile to the one dat was supplied by hage-dee-bee 5 yrs ago.. :good:

we didnt hack our kitchen tiles in the end even though our friends who came up felt that it wasnt it a gd condition.. but both of us thought we could live with a little "dark coloured" grout aka dirty grout, so as to plonk the funds somewhere else.. i think we made a good decision though... :P

However, can anyone advice on how to efficiently clean the grout eh?

5th day of reno..

IMG_0885.jpg

Doing well.. wall uncle using big pieces of bricks.. feel safer with that.. :P

IMG_0884.jpg

Our overlaying of floor tiles in master bathroom is almost done! nice and neatly done.. i can see the gradient there... :rolleyes: Tile uncle said he understood the chinese note which hubby wrote to him.. :lol: so he aligned 2 of our floor tiles to 3 of our wall tiles... since floor tiles were 30x30 and wall tiles were 20x20.. turns out great! :good:

I read somewhere before that we should use stainless steel drainer instead of white pvc ones... cus low quality... wonder if we can still get them to change....

hehe yea! but i think after i do up my wardrobe like yours in mbr, it'll look even smaller...

we cant wait to always go back home to check out the process daily, even if it means travelling additional 40 mins to punggol.. haha.. :P

Hehe, I totally understand how that feels! I wanted to go back to check the progress daily during my reno too! :D

I read somewhere before that we should use stainless steel drainer instead of white pvc ones... cus low quality... wonder if we can still get them to change....

Hmm, I'm not too sure if it's true anot. But I heard that ss drainer is not as good as white pvc ones woh. The cement can't stick to ss as well as to pvc ones, so there may be a possibility of future leaks. Maybe u'll like to ask around before asking ur contractor to change. :)

Hehe, I totally understand how that feels! I wanted to go back to check the progress daily during my reno too! :D

Hmm, I'm not too sure if it's true anot. But I heard that ss drainer is not as good as white pvc ones woh. The cement can't stick to ss as well as to pvc ones, so there may be a possibility of future leaks. Maybe u'll like to ask around before asking ur contractor to change. :)

thanks Angel! hmm.. the cement must stick to the drainer ah? Hubby asked the tiler, he said the stainless steel one will rust after some time wor... :unsure: my parents' house one using stainless steel, so far no rust yet...

but anw, future possible leak is from the floor to the bottom of the tiles?