Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nirvana

Our Little Cozy Cocoon

Aiya.. having trouble with the permission of the photos. Just set to "view by everybody" so you should be able to see now..

newer photo can see :)

But the one u post this morn still cannot see leh :(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

We did a cabinet to cover up the ugly electrical box which is at the pillar beside the fridge.. Quite ex leh.. Henry quoted me $600 for that.. :jawdrop:

4162520242_e96dd3eece_b.jpg

4161787593_4faf31566f_b.jpg

Can put magic clean mop beneath it.. hehe...

Edited by nirvana

More drawers pix

The sauces and condiments drawers right beside the stove.. hmm.. cannot put soy sauce bottles unless i buy kid sized.. My mum says can transfer to smaller bottles.. actually better cos when cooking, it is cumbersome to move around regular size bottles.. dunno if she is comforting me or speaking the truth.. :P

4161337973_8c41a67715.jpg

All pic after this pic (including this) can be see . But all pic b4 this cannot be see

Sigh.. Simon.. iphoto and flickr app did not work very well for me.. so had to delete everything i loaded previously and reload everything again. Therefore there is some downtime for the photos. I fix all the links liaos.. so it should be okay. finally...

Sigh.. Simon.. iphoto and flickr app did not work very well for me.. so had to delete everything i loaded previously and reload everything again. Therefore there is some downtime for the photos. I fix all the links liaos.. so it should be okay. finally...

:) finally can see yr nice nice kitchen :)

The blunder kind of affect the rest of the cabinets and drawers too so all our plans to put our pots and pans in the drawers kind of vanished into thin air. We still can put the plates and bowls (not the big kind) so not all are lost.

The kitchen looks great. It's a shame about the drawers not being deep enough cos of the allowance for the bone between drawers.

Is it too late to change the layout slightly? Perhaps remove the top drawer (and bone) for a couple of the cabinet units so that the "middle" drawer is now deeper, going all the way to the top? If that's possible, you could perhaps still have space for your larger pots and pans, and for the taller jars etc.

The kitchen looks great. It's a shame about the drawers not being deep enough cos of the allowance for the bone between drawers.

Is it too late to change the layout slightly? Perhaps remove the top drawer (and bone) for a couple of the cabinet units so that the "middle" drawer is now deeper, going all the way to the top? If that's possible, you could perhaps still have space for your larger pots and pans, and for the taller jars etc.

Thanks for the kind comments. Thought of doing that as well.. but htb says we can just change the things to put inside which is much easier than to change the structure of the cabinets to fit what we want to put inside.. plus I am afraid that doing such changes will result to even worse results.. so the thinking of what is not broken dun change.. hehe..:P

Edited by nirvana

hello! :)

your place is looking good with the ikea fittings, sorry to hear abt the measurement issues, but agree with u, change the little things to suit it rather than the major things, cus also duno how it can turn out from the rectification.. but thanks for sharing so we can all learn from it!

the drawers from ikea must be bought and given to carpenter before they start right? but the cabinet doors, we can install it on the hinge later right? think thats what the ikea ppl told me when i asked them.. $9 for a set of 2 for the cabinet doors i think... thinking of getting it this week.. the hinges part i mean..

Hey mickey u should see how the ppl "abuse" ikea furniture when there.. hahha.. it is no wonder they will be in such sorry state..

I have some ikea furnitures e.g. wall cabinet, bookshelves, staked open cabinets, bed... so far everything is working very well. For home owner, we do not really "abuse" our furniture on a daily basis.. so I am one of those few open ikea fans.. hehe..

just woke up and look forward to a day of uploading photos and renotalk posts.. yeah!

if never abuse, how to ensure quality :D

i am open ikea fan too.. but not a fan of the delivery company xD

i recently bought some ikea stuff, see my sig

came to your tblog to find this top hung door with glass inset for $399 or so, can't find :(

Yo sorry for the absence. Been struggling with the disappointment of not able to hold xmas party in my new house afterall. Kind of forced Henry to commit the handover date and it is next Friday. But he cautioned me that the glass backing needs 10 days to construct and we are only meeting him to select the color of the solid table top and glass backing today!! Given the tight timeline and the need to unpack and furnish the place, it is quite impossible to have any proper party.

I think the time management part can be more well done. I still remember Henry laughingly said that he wants to come to my house for Xmas bbq and that of cos, the house will be ready by then.

I thought the handover will be done by early mid dec so all unpacking and basic furnishing can be done by xmas, and my 2 weeks holidays is all about relaxing and enjoying the house. But now.. my 2 weeks holiday is all about checking defects, rectifying, unpacking, cleaning the house, buying appliances and making sure the house is functional. Htb in all his good natured self, told me there is always the next Xmas. But.. sigh.. oh well, just have to accept loh..

Quite upset the furniture did not came with ABS (i.e. the edge of all furnitures are exposed and not covered, resulting in obvious black lines along all my white door frames and storage cabinets). I am not sure if it is the norm but I look around the cheap ikea furnitures around my current home and none of them has edges exposed.. all nicely covered up.. I am not used to the exposed edges not to mentioned irritated by its sharpness.. Will be asking Henry about it today..

amrasenelya, are you referring to the soft closing devices that cost $9 a pair? That can be install on the hinges later on but need to make sure the hinge that your carpenter buys can 'slot' in the soft closers nicely. Go have a look at ikea hinges and take photo for your carpenter to see. Yes, all drawers and soft closing devices were purchased and given to my carpenter. he did a good job to incorporate them in.

Ossify, Hmm.. top hung cabinet door? Did not get any ikea stuff for my top cabinets leh.. though htb is now thinking of changing the hinge at my corner cabinet doors cos Ah Li did not provide good hinge and the cabinet doors keep hitting against the hood and oven handles which in due time will create scratches and holes

Just confirm my ikea curtains but to my dismay, they are completely out of stock for both my first choice and back up choice fabric!! Booo....:(

Paid $1040 for black out curtains for my two bedrooms and balcony door, full length (from ceiling to floor) and for balcony, wall to wall.. including installation, tie backs, tracks, hooks. I think it is pretty good deal. :)