Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nirvana

Our Little Cozy Cocoon

Living Room Inspiration

I saw this gorgeous Teal color in many of the houses featured in Apartment Therapy. Fell in love with this sometime blue sometime green confused color! Prob will use it as the feature wall in my living room. Some inspirations from www.apartmenttherapy.com:

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

Oh my, that's a lovely color! Think it will look great with white walls and white furniture... ;)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Inspired by Simon's beautiful kitchen, I like to have some pop of colors against my white wall and floor tiles as well as white cabinets in my kitchen. Henry says don't have orange glass backing so may have to settle for red. Thinking of Orange cos it goes well with Teal in the living room and I am thinking of using soft grey wall in Dining and orange for accent. May bring the orange accents to the Living room as well. Oh well.. still all thoughts in the air right now:

WhiteandredKitchen.jpg

Swee bo?

Swee swee man...come on...photo photo...want to see your progress and tiling work leh.... :P

Inspired by Simon's beautiful kitchen, I like to have some pop of colors against my white wall and floor tiles as well as white cabinets in my kitchen. Henry says don't have orange glass backing so may have to settle for red. Thinking of Orange cos it goes well with Teal in the living room and I am thinking of using soft grey wall in Dining and orange for accent. May bring the orange accents to the Living room as well. Oh well.. still all thoughts in the air right now:

WhiteandredKitchen.jpg

Swee bo?

Hmm no offense but I find the top cabinets a bit too long...like out of balance with the bottom cabinets...

Are your floor going to be wooden as well for the kitchen area?

Hmm no offense but I find the top cabinets a bit too long...like out of balance with the bottom cabinets...

Are your floor going to be wooden as well for the kitchen area?

This one not Simon's kitchen. Sorry for the confusion. This picture from apartment therapy as well. I agree with you on the out of balance thingy but could be useful if owner wants alot of storage.

My floor is white. And wall tiles as well.

Cabinet I prob will be choosing white as well.

And I am thinking of getting white solid surface top. But Henry says difficult to maintain. He suggests using red solid surface top but like weird weird to prepare food on red surface leh.. what you think?

So thinking maybe can explore wooden color to give some warmth to the kitchen. My kitchen is really small - just a tiny L shape in a squarish room prob 2.5m each side only.. so using alot of white to make the space looks bigger.

Swee swee man...come on...photo photo...want to see your progress and tiling work leh.... :P

Okok.. I go upload some photos tonight. Camera at home.. but I have been lazy la.. hehe.. only took a few photos here and there...

This one not Simon's kitchen. Sorry for the confusion. This picture from apartment therapy as well. I agree with you on the out of balance thingy but could be useful if owner wants alot of storage.

My floor is white. And wall tiles as well.

Cabinet I prob will be choosing white as well.

And I am thinking of getting white solid surface top. But Henry says difficult to maintain. He suggests using red solid surface top but like weird weird to prepare food on red surface leh.. what you think?

So thinking maybe can explore wooden color to give some warmth to the kitchen. My kitchen is really small - just a tiny L shape in a squarish room prob 2.5m each side only.. so using alot of white to make the space looks bigger.

Hehe...mine also all white kitchen! Except for my floor...I chose grey cos scared I can't maintain the whiteness of white floor tiles after a while...Kitchen also L-shaped and quite small...

day19-kitchen09.jpg

This is my kitchen without the solid top...my solid top also white leh...think it should be ok to use white as long as it is smooth surface type...and yea, red top will look scary to me leh...esp in the kitchen.

Nice nice! WHere got small??? Very spacious to me liao...

SIgh.. wait till I load my kitchen photo..

How many feet is ur kitchen? Mine ard 34 ft with all the top cabinets combined..

Ha ... my kitchen not so big lah .... And not so brave to use wood floor on my kitchen

there are tiles that are digitally printed that looks like wood.

apartmentherapy is a terrific place to get ideas from, if only i knew of it earlier! haha.

look forward to seeing your renos and good luck! i prefer not to have red in my kitchen even though it's really outstanding and will look good on photos... just personal preference to go with less understated tones in the kitchen :P u shld go with ur heart and choose what u really want! how about black white and yellow? since you like accents ;)

apartmentherapy is a terrific place to get ideas from, if only i knew of it earlier! haha.

look forward to seeing your renos and good luck! i prefer not to have red in my kitchen even though it's really outstanding and will look good on photos... just personal preference to go with less understated tones in the kitchen :P u shld go with ur heart and choose what u really want! how about black white and yellow? since you like accents ;)

Thought of that before.. black and white but after a while dun like the idea of having black in Kitchen. Maybe see too many fresh, bright kitchen on AT. So jealous of those Ang mo's houses all kitchen so big and got window view one..

Ok.. finally uploaded my photos on photobucket.. my well used and beloved fujitsu is struggling to keep up with my minimal emails and surf net activities after 7 years (can you imagine I am still using a Pentium II machine???)... time to get a new com soon!

I mini sized all the hacking/tiling photos cos most of the photos are taken at night so can't really capture the details anyway. Was really fun taking photos in the dark. Kind of scary fun. Will take more detailed photos when I have the chance.

Will start with my kitchen:

After hacking

IMG_2011.jpgIMG_2019.jpg

Sand comes:

IMG_2069.jpg

Tiles up (doing overlay for wall tiles):

IMG_2133.jpgIMG_2130.jpg

Master bathroom:

Hacking (pardon my darling's tush)

IMG_2037.jpg

Wet works

IMG_2044.jpg

Tiles partially up (just completed tiling today so haven took photos yet)

IMG_2112.jpgIMG_2121.jpg

Edited by nirvana