Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sengkang newbie

My Mini 5i Resale

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
newbie, when you starting your reno?

Reno will probably start around mid Oct 09...but i only have around 12days to finish due to tight time frame lor...

Contractor said need 10-14days to complete the reno so quite risky lor

I plan to sign with Ideal House....

Will try to post pics once got hold of the keys around oct ;)

can't wait to have the kitchen entrance wall hacked! :sport-smiley-004:

I remembered loving the kitchen. Even told my hubby that the kitchen allows one to have an island top. :D

but hubby din like the layout as he prefers a squarish living hall, and not close to another block.

Reno will probably start around mid Oct 09...but i only have around 12days to finish due to tight time frame lor...

Contractor said need 10-14days to complete the reno so quite risky lor

I plan to sign with Ideal House....

oh mid Oct, i see. still got a few months to go leh. i think quite a few forummers also signed up with Ideal House too

Guest melancholic
I saw the URA master plan liao, they maybe building a school there lor....hope it will not block my view lor

School ah... then the problem will not be the view.. but the morning school bell, recess bell, end of lesson period bell, Discipline Master yelling at students over the PA system during morning assembly.. students yelling and screaming after end of school.. hanging around the void deck, smoking etc...

My current place is beside a secondary school... but luckily my unit faces away from the school.. so I dont get to hear too much of the 'school sounds'

who knows.. the kite flyers and sports lovers might petition and request that the open field be left untouched.. although petitions dun usually work...

School ah... then the problem will not be the view.. but the morning school bell, recess bell, end of lesson period bell, Discipline Master yelling at students over the PA system during morning assembly.. students yelling and screaming after end of school.. hanging around the void deck, smoking etc...

My current place is beside a secondary school... but luckily my unit faces away from the school.. so I dont get to hear too much of the 'school sounds'

who knows.. the kite flyers and sports lovers might petition and request that the open field be left untouched.. although petitions dun usually work...

If build school tat will be quite a distance away also coz my block and the field got 2 lanes apart lor....so dun think the noise pollution will be a big issue.

Lets pray hard that it will be remain untouch :P

Hi Sengkangians!

Sengkang_newbie, similar to you, I just purchased a 5i flat in Anchorvale :) And I'm collecting my keys mid Oct too!

Just wanted to say hi.

Hi welcome welcome

used to stay in anchorvale with my parents, then bought my unit in compassvale but have since sold and moving to tampines next

IMHO, i feel that anchorvale is one of the better place in sengkang. Love the peacefulness :)

Hi Sengkangians!

Sengkang_newbie, similar to you, I just purchased a 5i flat in Anchorvale :) And I'm collecting my keys mid Oct too!

Just wanted to say hi.

Hi ynove! Welcome u to anchorvale too! I am staying at 317B, u leh? Scarly we r neighbour hahaha

Edited by sengkang newbie

hi coffee and sengkang_newbie

haha, guess what, i AM staying with my parents in anchorvale right now. my fiance and i bought our own flat, also in anchorvale - we're moving in mid Nov.

quite close by to you, newbie. I'm moving to 306 :) it's kind of inbetween Compasspoint and the Swimming Complex, walkable distance to both, which I like.

yeah, i like anchorvale. close enough to central, close to YCK rd.

i'm SO looking forward to the new wet market opening in Dec!! how about you guys?

So many Sengkang people.

Me too. Bought 5i in 258 block, Compassvale Road. Next to MRT.

I think next year, some part of the kite flying field will be converted to a cricket ground. There is also a wet market coming up there. Lots of good amenities around ...main reason why I bought there.

Will be moving in around December start. Transaction will complete in October first week, but its a contra case. So seller needs one extra month of stay.

Will start my own blog a bit later. Though I have already selected ID and started shopping for furniture.

Best of luck with your reno. Looking at some posts here...need lots of luck to get everything done to our expectations. :)

So many Sengkang people.

Me too. Bought 5i in 258 block, Compassvale Road. Next to MRT.

I think next year, some part of the kite flying field will be converted to a cricket ground. There is also a wet market coming up there. Lots of good amenities around ...main reason why I bought there.

Will be moving in around December start. Transaction will complete in October first week, but its a contra case. So seller needs one extra month of stay.

Will start my own blog a bit later. Though I have already selected ID and started shopping for furniture.

Best of luck with your reno. Looking at some posts here...need lots of luck to get everything done to our expectations. :)

Hello Hello! Joining the crowd in SK! We've recently purchased a unit in anchorvale link too! 314B~ :) SKnewbie uniting all the new SK newbies? hehe~ btw, we'll get our keys in mid sept and are looking forward to move in around late oct/early nov. Great to see fellow SK peeps here!

SKnewbie, we have the exact same layout as you! hehe. Looking forward to "copying" your designs. :P Cheers!

Hello Hello! Joining the crowd in SK! We've recently purchased a unit in anchorvale link too! 314B~ :) SKnewbie uniting all the new SK newbies? hehe~ btw, we'll get our keys in mid sept and are looking forward to move in around late oct/early nov. Great to see fellow SK peeps here!

SKnewbie, we have the exact same layout as you! hehe. Looking forward to "copying" your designs. :P Cheers!

Mentioning of this kinda layout pissed me off....initially thought its a rather good layout coz I can hack off the kitchen entrance wall and mininize the kitchen size, thus making the hall bigger. But to my surprise my contractor told me no point in doing tat as the beam at the kitchen entrance wall is too low, there will be no different if hack the wall off....thus no choice had to drop the idea.... :bangwall:

And due to tat the contractor decided to drop my deal without informing me coz I m only doing some minor reno works.... :furious:

Initially the seller for my new house said can let us shift in early but during the 1st appointment at HDB they told the officer to schedule the 2nd appointment to the latest possible date! Reason being have not found a place and will be outstation for 1week!

Everything is so SCREWED UP :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: