Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sengkang newbie

My Mini 5i Resale

Mentioning of this kinda layout pissed me off....initially thought its a rather good layout coz I can hack off the kitchen entrance wall and mininize the kitchen size, thus making the hall bigger. But to my surprise my contractor told me no point in doing tat as the beam at the kitchen entrance wall is too low, there will be no different if hack the wall off....thus no choice had to drop the idea.... :bangwall:

And due to tat the contractor decided to drop my deal without informing me coz I m only doing some minor reno works.... :furious:

Initially the seller for my new house said can let us shift in early but during the 1st appointment at HDB they told the officer to schedule the 2nd appointment to the latest possible date! Reason being have not found a place and will be outstation for 1week!

Everything is so SCREWED UP :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall:

that contractor too much leh. minor reno also cost money mah. he can't earn much therefore don't want, where got like that...

so now, whats your new plan? If the condition is move in, then save the money, with some wallpaper and new coat of paint and furnishing, also can be very nice, especially when this layout is condo style

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
that contractor too much leh. minor reno also cost money mah. he can't earn much therefore don't want, where got like that...

so now, whats your new plan? If the condition is move in, then save the money, with some wallpaper and new coat of paint and furnishing, also can be very nice, especially when this layout is condo style

No choice lor, guess minor reno will face this kinda problems :(

Its more/less move in condition lor, just need to do :

- paint whole house

- change whole house switches

- chemical wash whole house

- reposition some lightings

- change 3 bedrms doors

- change 2 toilets bowls and basins to new one

- do 1 extra SCV point

- tic tac door for bomb shelter (optional)

26th Oct then collect keys and I need to get all done up by end of the month....quite a challenge to contractor :D

No choice lor, guess minor reno will face this kinda problems :(

Its more/less move in condition lor, just need to do :

- paint whole house

- chemical wash whole house

- change 3 bedrms doors

- change 2 toilets bowls and basins to new one

- do 1 extra SCV point

- tic tac door for bomb shelter (optional)

26th Oct then collect keys and I need to get all done up by end of the month....quite a challenge to contractor :D

Hmm....why don't you get different pple/co. and coordinate yourself

- paint whole house - get from company doing painting, or paint yourself by asking group of frens to help?

- chemical wash whole house - if you're not doing any wetwork, then no need chemical washing ah.

- change 3 bedrms doors - maybe you can source your own door and ask if they can provide installation.

- change 2 toilets bowls and basins to new one - go to the shop and buy the toilet bowls and basins and ask if they have any plumber to recommend to help install

Below you can engage electrician to help

- do 1 extra SCV point

Hmm....why don't you get different pple/co. and coordinate yourself

- paint whole house - get from company doing painting, or paint yourself by asking group of frens to help?

- chemical wash whole house - if you're not doing any wetwork, then no need chemical washing ah.

- change 3 bedrms doors - maybe you can source your own door and ask if they can provide installation.

- change 2 toilets bowls and basins to new one - go to the shop and buy the toilet bowls and basins and ask if they have any plumber to recommend to help install

Below you can engage electrician to help

- do 1 extra SCV point

Wah u beli li hai leh :good: How cum I didnt think of tat :sport-smiley-018:

Looks like have to start sourcing liao.....

Haiz....no $$$ so have to use no $$$ style liao :(

Wah u beli li hai leh :good: How cum I didnt think of tat :sport-smiley-018:

Looks like have to start sourcing liao.....

Haiz....no $$$ so have to use no $$$ style liao :(

haha, no li hai lah.

all these tips learn from reading the renotalk faithfully.

now got time go source, then when get keys le,

can bing bing biang biang and all will be done within 2 weeks, then can move in le lor.

haha, no li hai lah.

all these tips learn from reading the renotalk faithfully.

now got time go source, then when get keys le,

can bing bing biang biang and all will be done within 2 weeks, then can move in le lor.

I only have 4-5days to spare....then I have to move in liao coz buyers for my current house request to let them have a room to stay on the 20th oct...we already went thru the 2nd appt at HDB liao so abit paiseh to still stay there although they allowed us to stay for 2months no rental

I only have 4-5days to spare....then I have to move in liao coz buyers for my current house request to let them have a room to stay on the 20th oct...we already went thru the 2nd appt at HDB liao so abit paiseh to still stay there although they allowed us to stay for 2months no rental

because you not doing any wetworks or carpentry, so the dust level is low.

even staying inside, you also can get your things change slowly over the weekend de.

Its not easy to find a unit you like and still move in condition. you already lucky le

Mentioning of this kinda layout pissed me off....initially thought its a rather good layout coz I can hack off the kitchen entrance wall and mininize the kitchen size, thus making the hall bigger. But to my surprise my contractor told me no point in doing tat as the beam at the kitchen entrance wall is too low, there will be no different if hack the wall off....thus no choice had to drop the idea.... :bangwall:

And due to tat the contractor decided to drop my deal without informing me coz I m only doing some minor reno works.... :furious:

Initially the seller for my new house said can let us shift in early but during the 1st appointment at HDB they told the officer to schedule the 2nd appointment to the latest possible date! Reason being have not found a place and will be outstation for 1week!

Everything is so SCREWED UP :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall:

Hey hey! cool down cool down! Things can only get better right? :)

While scouting for our flat in the anchorvale link area, we have seen some units that have done what you intend to do. Dun think that there should be a problem. Try and get a 2nd opinion from another contractor? Anyway, such a louya contractor, back out because of low profit, somemore didnt give you professional advise. It might be a good thing that he back out! :) Look on the brightside yea? Hope things goes better from now! :D

Hey hey! cool down cool down! Things can only get better right? :)

While scouting for our flat in the anchorvale link area, we have seen some units that have done what you intend to do. Dun think that there should be a problem. Try and get a 2nd opinion from another contractor? Anyway, such a louya contractor, back out because of low profit, somemore didnt give you professional advise. It might be a good thing that he back out! :) Look on the brightside yea? Hope things goes better from now! :D

Do u wanna know which laoya contractor isit? :notti: pm me and will let u know :sport-smiley-018:

Dun think will be hacking oso due to time constraint, only got 5-6days to spare leh...

Do u wanna know which laoya contractor isit? :notti: pm me and will let u know :sport-smiley-018:

Dun think will be hacking oso due to time constraint, only got 5-6days to spare leh...

Of course I will wanna know! Will pm you.

Do share with us pictures of your place yeh? Good luck to ya! :)

Of course I will wanna know! Will pm you.

Do share with us pictures of your place yeh? Good luck to ya! :)

eh...i think i did mention it in my postings here....look thru it and u will see it ;)

Will post some pics when get the keys next month....meanwhile i got some pics in my blog u can go take a look :)

SK newbie

Me too. Am looking for a contractor who can do minor work. My resale flat needs similar amount of work as yours. Also considering to coordinate on my own, except that both of us are really busy with work. So, still thinking lah.

SK newbie

Me too. Am looking for a contractor who can do minor work. My resale flat needs similar amount of work as yours. Also considering to coordinate on my own, except that both of us are really busy with work. So, still thinking lah.

I found a contractor recently and he quoted me around 3k for the minor works tat I wished to do :D

Pm me if u would like to have the contact ;)

I planning to shift all my stuffs into the new house once i got the keys and then let the contractor carry out the required works, while i temporary stay in my parents house :)

That's almost half-price from what your ID quoted you!

Yeah, why not.. pls send his contact my way. Good for me to get a few quotations.

So you decided not to coordinate yourself, but to let your contractor do it?

I found a contractor recently and he quoted me around 3k for the minor works tat I wished to do :D

Pm me if u would like to have the contact ;)

I planning to shift all my stuffs into the new house once i got the keys and then let the contractor carry out the required works, while i temporary stay in my parents house :)

That's almost half-price from what your ID quoted you!

Yeah, why not.. pls send his contact my way. Good for me to get a few quotations.

So you decided not to coordinate yourself, but to let your contractor do it?

Pm me if u want his contact ;) Ya I still prefer to let contractor do all the coodinations :D

Hmm...I am thinking if i want to shift all my stuffs into the new house after taking over the keys, then i may not be able to ask the contractor to do whole house cleaning liao :unsure: If like tat then I will have to do it myself...at the same time save me $180 :P