Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jemjem

Jemlene's Nest

Congratulations on your new house, and welcome to start your own t-blog!! :)

Do update frequently with photos of your renovation progress yeah, and hopefully everything is smooth flowing.

Cheers!! :D

Thanks! Yeah. Will update on the wiring process today. hee hee.. hope everything is going well.. will spot check tonight. :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
im frm Fernvale Court too!! which blk r u frm? mine's 439A

by the way have you ever thought of chnaging the direction of the master bedroom toilet bowl. asked a few contractor and all say cannot :( wonder who is the designer.. feel like killing him :P

Hi jemjem

congrats on your new home...i too also comtemplating between ID or contractor....so will be visiting your thread very often.

do update on your contractor's work...might wanna get from you ...... hope you don't mind..

when is the target completion of your reno?

thanks

gorilla

by the way have you ever thought of chnaging the direction of the master bedroom toilet bowl. asked a few contractor and all say cannot :( wonder who is the designer.. feel like killing him :P

never thot of that leh.. issit very cramp? i cannot remember the distance..

Gorilla_chow : Thanks! Sure I will update as and when I can. Of cos dun mind. I got a lot of info from this forum and its time for me to contribute too. :) Targetting to complete in 5 weeks though contractor told me 4 weeks from permit approval. Currently still awaiting permit approval as I am hacking my walls.

cannotisit : Thanks!

Lise : Yes if you are going to have a glass shower screen. :)

House before Reno (Pics not well taken so cant really see the overall):

SNC00101.jpg

SNC00085.jpg

SNC00083-1.jpg

eh, new hse leh. concealed wiring and piping =). Get ready to have headache planning how to shift the wiring around =p

me too like conceal wirings... my 1st place wires all conceal de.. dun see so many ugly trunkings running around the place and no need funny box up...

Joseend : I am not sure of his work leh. U really wan the contact? I think worksmanship is important unless u wana take the risk like me.

Hi Jem, if you dun mind sharing his contact cos i wun be doing major works, am on a tight budget and getting mostly carpentry works. tks.

Hi Everyone

sorry for the late update as something went wrg with my comp. Will pm all the contacts. but i think u all will have to discuss with them in details as they r really contractor. so far i have done a few rectifications on my wiring pts, etc already...

As you all can see below, the wirings arent properly planned and the contractor intend to hide the wiring behind the shoe cabinate. I have the false ceiling in place and i do not understand y they need to giv me trunckings routing like tis. I rejected it and as them to re route. by then, the false ceiling is already up and they hav to cut 2 holes on my nicely done out false ceiling :( :

Wiring without false ceiling:

SNC00109.jpg

Wiring with false ceiling and original removed. The solid red box indicated the holes they did which i forgot to take pics:

SNC00117.jpg

SNC00118.jpg

Edited by jemjem