Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
stormchris

V.hive Service Is Horrible!

My study table and chair being delayed twice!!! From 26th June to 15th July!!

They delivered the study table to me on 3rd July, TABLE ONLY without chair! Chair to be delivered ARD 15th July (cannot confirm again)! Pissed off with their service.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Sigh...If only i had read this thread earlier.

Yes! Please do not buy from vhive. I had in early Jan brought a shoe cabinet & wardrobe from vhive and requested that they deliver the items in early Feb as my place was still under renovation. [That means they have one whole month to check stock]. But one day before the delivery date, vhive called to inform that there is no stock for both items and I'll have to wait till March for the items!!!! This very last minute notice left me in a fix as I was also busy arranging for house moving and running after my reno contractor on outstanding works. Now, I've shifted into my new place without wardrobe and shoe cabinet.... clothings and shoes are still packed in carton boxes. Imagine how "glamorous" my house looks during house warming party and lunar new year gatherings. Malu siah!!!

As i do not wanna wait till March for the new wardrobe and cabinet to arrive (also bcos I'm **** TL with vhive), I emailed vhive to request for cancellation of purchase on 9 Feb....no reply from them. I called the customer service hotline on 11 Feb. The operator (i dun think she's a customer service officer as she sounded cold and rude) took down my contact and told me that someone will call me back.... no one called. I emailed them again on 17 Feb.... no reply still. NOw I'm getting reeeally worried as the company doesn't seems to exist. I also dunno if i should be buying wardrobe and cabinet from elsewhere as I cannot get any confirmation from vhive and they're still holding my payment of more than $1k.

For those who are considering buying from vhive... please learn from my lesson.

For those who had such experience before, please advice on what action i should do next to recover my $$. Whine whine...

act i bought from them 3 times, no such issues...i thk they r def more worthy than the infamous genting shop so dun worry too much...

got 1 tv console & 1 cupboards, very good assembly and service.

However, vhive is almost like ikea product, except they use so call " compress wood "

slightly better than chip board.

Book my second cupboard delivery early March, no need to pay deposit.

Pay full only on delivery. Sales guy in Katong Mall, very good service.

Bought 2 items from V.hive on 2 different occassions. A display cabinet (5 years ago) and a full length mirror (2 years ago), touch wood, no problems. I agree that the quality is not the best but one shouldn't expect tiptop quality for the prices one pay for at V.hive.

I had a worse and still ongoing problem with them....

bought a computer lapwork table...its a cash and carry item...

brought it home .. assembled and realised the top is slighted slightly...

when to the shop.. to my surprised.. they say cash and carry item no warranty... how am i supposed to know if the item is ok before I assemble at home..

so I called the office and this same sherine pick up.. say will call me back the next day.. never call back ( that was last day b4 cny)

after cny called her... she say will check and call back tomorrow again.. pissed off ...i insisted she check now and call me later....after an hour.. I called her... and its obvious she did not intent to return call cos she had information on hand...

anyway she said the case will be refered to sim lim outlet and they will call me regarding this.... they called 2 days later...

the person that called didnt seem to want to resolve the problem as well...( the whole episode gives me a feeling they think I am trying to pull a fast one)

she pointed out point 9 on the receipt( no exchange if item is damage or assemebled wrongly... and insisted that I assembled the table wrongly and they never had complains before....so i suggested to bring it down...

when I reached.. I was probably suay.. the table top dropped off as I was walking down the steps cosing scratches on the table, laminate came off slightly and 1 metal bar dented...

when i reached.. she say .. oh its damaged.. no exchange possible.. so i said the table dropped off as I came down the steps...its was loud and you heard it... she insisted its damaged and no exchange...and she looked at the table and said the table is straight... but the funny thing is after saying that,she fliped the table and tried to bend it straight... anyway I told her please dun kid yourself and say its straight.. and she changed the story saying this is norma...( from this table never had complains to its normal for the table to tilt)....and she keep repeating point 9.. making me loose my temple and raised my voice at her...

I told her I took photos at my home of the table which was ok except the tilt( she had the photo as well cos I emailed them previously ) and she say can't tell from the photo...in the end.. I told her.. i am not looking for a new table or refund... if you can straighten the table.. I wont mind keeping the table with the scratches..

its been 3 days... still no call from them.....

This is really a very bad experience I faced.... I wanted a genuine solution but was treated like someone trying to take advantage of situation....the table only cost $139.00

they should really learn from ikea exchange and return policy.. It gives us more confidence buying things un-assembled and in a box....

I really urge you guys not to purchase cash and carry items from vhive if it requires assembling.... better pray hard the item has no defect....or else they will make it look like you spoilt it....

anyone knows any email of higher level mgt ppl there? I hope to bring this up to them... really hope such mentality doesnt run through the whole company...

thanks for info..was thinking of getting some cabinets from them.

i think their stuff are cheaper than most furniture shops

Agree, their prices are cheap. They were having discounts on their items last month and I like their simple designs. But I don't dare to buy their items due to the bad reviews on this forum :P

Edited by forgotten

I too have bought many things from Vhive for the past few years, and I have no issues with their delivery and support. I remember one incident where one of the dining chair has stain, it was collected back and re-delivered on the same day in the evening. No issue.

Just a small observation that most of the posts here have no issues with them.

I bought a wardrobe from them 10 years ago (it's the factory mass production type)

Not very fantastic, not very solid, hinges came off after a few years.

But it's still usable and it has been adopted by relative after we moved house.

Bought a typist chair from V.hive @ Simei recently.

It costs $69.

So far so good.

Edited by booksntoys

I've ordered study table and sofa from vHive before, no problem. In fact, I find their products are pretty solid and sturdy and better than the Ikea equivalent. If you say that hinges come off Vhive wardrobe, well I have an Ikea wardrobe, after some time hinges can come loose as well.. the advantage of ikea wardrobe is that the parts are standardised so you can get replacement parts, 7 years later....

Recently I ordered dining tables from them, they delivered on time, no problem, correct model and colour but wrong length!

I called them up, they say they'll check, called me back within 30 minutes to arrange exchange and redelivery today. Hoping they will deliver the correct table.....