Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
born_again

The Baking Clubby

HDB don't count how many points you have one mah... :lol:

so good.... got island~ *envy*

i just counted again, actually i have 8 points along the worktop~ and 1 more near the kitchen entrance which is the vacuum point ;)

I thought they will limit the points cos each flat only allowed certain power. So cannot have too many switches or else will trip the house.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

dear kind gents and lads, kindly share nice cookies recipe

i wanna make cookies for my SO..

best those choc chips and melts like famous amos

woah rondy, u really knows how to cook.. you even know how to bake cakes ah WeeWooWee ~

not bad not bad.. kudos to you and feeling so ashame :P must learn from you too :D

Edited by reglxt

it's that time of yr again ..

DSC01789.jpg

DSC01791.jpg

have always grated, but this time trying chopping. Hope it turns out good

DSC01794.jpg

DSC01798.jpg

after 2 hrs of stirring and cooking .. to continue tonight

wah you really put in a lot of effort... if it's me i will just buy the ready made pineapple paste from NTUC~ hahaha :lol:

I thought they will limit the points cos each flat only allowed certain power. So cannot have too many switches or else will trip the house.

no mah... they won't come to your house and count how many electrical points you have :P they are more concern about the rating of the electrical appliances you are using and so they set rules on this ;)

dear kind gents and lads, kindly share nice cookies recipe

i wanna make cookies for my SO..

best those choc chips and melts like famous amos

woah rondy, u really knows how to cook.. you even know how to bake cakes ah WeeWooWee ~

not bad not bad.. kudos to you and feeling so ashame :P must learn from you too :D

hey reglxt, you can try this blog from a fellow forumer (see below). she has a number of recipes there :)

http://www.mybakingrecipes.blogspot.com/

Hi all,

I'm new to this thread. Funny how I've been lurking in this forum 2 years ago during my hse reno, but never seen this thread.

I love to bake, and am happy to see so many pple here share the same hobby.

I have my baking blog at www.mybakingblog.blogspot.com. Look forward to be sharing tips and info with you :good:

baking see mood too..thats why i cant open an cafe or pastry shop,what if my mood no good?then i gotta close shop,haha..

well,i tried one of the cookie and it turn out to be

EASY and Nice!

I intend to bake them and give to my relatives in the coming week nearer to CHinese New Year :P

I got it from this web site,u can do it too!!

Post it here to show us your creation after u bake okay?

http://pineapple-tarts.blogspot.com/2008/0...er-cookies.html

okie dokie thanks rondy

baking see mood too..thats why i cant open an cafe or pastry shop,what if my mood no good?then i gotta close shop,haha..

well,i tried one of the cookie and it turn out to be

EASY and Nice!

I intend to bake them and give to my relatives in the coming week nearer to CHinese New Year :P

I got it from this web site,u can do it too!!

Post it here to show us your creation after u bake okay?

http://pineapple-tarts.blogspot.com/2008/0...er-cookies.html

okie dokie thanks rondy

i finally tried baking over the weekend... very simple one though :P

after looking through the recipes, decided to try this cheese cake squares cos it seems to be the easiest :lol: (recipe supplied by Angel81 here)

went to Daiso on Friday to get some basic baking stuff... don't wanna invest too much yet until i really get serious about baking ;)

kitchen scale and spatula. there is no indication on the colour of the scale on the box, so i just randomly picked one... dunno if i will get the green one? :lol:

5341475513_1c101702fd_z.jpg

in the end... i got a transparent (with slight grey) one~ okie la neutral colour that matches with almost any kitchen~

5342086874_c74cb15d82_z.jpg

5342087608_f89a09ed9c_z.jpg

Clockwise from top left:

1) crust made from digestive biscuit - just out from oven

2) poured cream cheese mixture on crust... it's so difficult to spread them out evenly~ and i sort of gave up the top right hand corner of the cake cos I BROKE the crust while spreading the cheese over it...... :~

3) the aftermath... well i come from a very strict traditional Chinese family, where it's a sin to waste any foodstuff~ i've never had a single grain of rice left in my bowl after meal... so i was kinda annoyed by this sight~ (btw, i managed to scope out a little more cheese after taking this photo, but still.... hahaha :lol:)

4) Baking in progress... it smelt GREAT! :good:

and... the final product :lol:

5341475857_9fb2d6650d_z.jpg

sorry didn't take any pics after we cut the cake into small squares... the cutting was really bad and we were busy eating :P

Some notes and comments:

1) i made some slight changes to the original recipe - the recipe called for a pan with size 9"x13"x2", but my baking pan not so big... so i reduced the size to 8"x12"x2". As a result, everything in the recipe was reduced by the same ratio.

2) i accidentally spilled some vanilla extract into the mixing bowl (oops.) i *think* i added more than what was instructed in the recipe... Thank God vanilla extract tastes and smells good!

3) Hubby commented that the crust can be thicker, i agreed with this... but i noted that the problem lies in me not able to spread the crust evenly on the pan - experts, how do you do this step properly?

4) Another spreading question: how to spread the cream cheese nicely over the crust? - experts, please help again~! :lol:

5) i think i need a proper mixing bowl - as you can see, i m using a rice-cooker pot for mixing... good thing is it has non-stick coating hahaha :lol:

6) breaking the digestive biscuit into small fine grains took me a really LONG time... i think next time, i should throw all biscuits into a ziplock bag, hammer them into small bits and then pour out :lol: or is there any proper method to break the biscuits? again, experts please help !!

okie that's all for now :P

and... the final product :lol:

5341475857_9fb2d6650d_z.jpg

sorry didn't take any pics after we cut the cake into small squares... the cutting was really bad and we were busy eating :P

yummy yummy.... i love cheese cakes and thanks for the pic!!! just in time for my bday.. hahahaha....

thanks ;) my birthday was on 10th, the day you post the pic of the cheesecake.

hi beloved bakers,

i enjoyed reading this thread.

Greatly appreiated if someone can enlighten me. i like to check where can i buy Kueh Bahlu mould in Singapore?

Thanks