Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
stormcontrol

At Long Last, A Place To Call Our Own

heng ahhh not me!! is ur electrician ah tan?? if it is he only come and collect money from me at about 7+pm

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hmmm...who yr electrician?

Ah Soon call him "Fei Zi". Plump plump, medium to dark skin, friendly and no specs. I don't know if he's the one joseph called to come my place lah (but should be since he's the one who do up the wiring before the L-boxes went up) but i'm just gonna shoot anyone who had an electrician turn up at their place in the afternoon for wiring works ;)

good, ivy and bodo seems to be off the "hitlist" =p

Edited by stormcontrol

Hey guys, Ah di just called me about the top up i need to make for the additional items in my carpentry. Can i check with you guys the pricing? (If it's not ok to be so open with the pricing pls let me know and i'll remove)

1) $68 x 5 for 5 Blum drawers (around 60cm width) each (includin one under my oven)

2) $90 for 3 Blum sauce/condiments drawers (around 30cm width)

3) $45 x 6 for 6 SS trays for my wardrobe

4) $60 for handbag pullout hangars

Does this seem ok? I'm gonna go to ikea and see how much these stuff cost there as well but ask all your opinions 1st.

Ah Soon call him "Fei Zi". Plump plump, medium to dark skin, friendly and no specs. I don't know if he's the one joseph called to come my place lah (but should be since he's the one who do up the wiring before the L-boxes went up) but i'm just gonna shoot anyone who had an electrician turn up at their place in the afternoon for wiring works ;)

good, ivy and bodo seems to be off the "hitlist" =p

not me also lor....me only got a prc plastering guy at my place...unless the plastering guy is an electrician in disguise?hehehehehe:P

storm, i nv use all those so i not sure. Everytime I mention Blum, ah wei will say:" dun waste money. I use wood to craft drawers for you that works equally well as blum"... ok so no blum drawer.. then I want to add blum cutlery tray.. he say : dun need to waste money, I partition ur big drawer into 2 and give u one free plastic cutlery tray....

so i got zero blum...

hey what is this handbag pullout hangars?? i very interested!!

storm, i nv use all those so i not sure. Everytime I mention Blum, ah wei will say:" dun waste money. I use wood to craft drawers for you that works equally well as blum"... ok so no blum drawer.. then I want to add blum cutlery tray.. he say : dun need to waste money, I partition ur big drawer into 2 and give u one free plastic cutlery tray....

so i got zero blum...

hehehe.. i like ur contractor le.. hehe.. he sounds very cute lo... makes me laugh when i read this post..

"so i got zero blum" ^^ ..

hehehe.. i like ur contractor le.. hehe.. he sounds very cute lo... makes me laugh when i read this post..

"so i got zero blum" ^^ ..

hahah it is the same one that did F4's carpentry. maybe bcos F4 blum everywhere they see liao sayang the money so when it's my turn, they discourage. hahahhaa

so i got zero blum...

I'm going ikea later, if i can find it i take picture and show you.

I'm going ikea later, if i can find it i take picture and show you.

must show hor....Ikea is having warehouse sales this weekend...me going to take leave to go shopping liao!!!!:P

Never post updates this few days to the blog because quite upset and angry with some things happening inside the house. But i'll talk about that later. First show some pics, which i owe you guys (especially B_D, that one very siong in chasing photos leh. heng his attn not fully on me =p )

First off, IKEA pullout handbag hangers (at least that's what i feel it's for :P ):

DSC00205.jpg

Lucky i post this after B_D's spree on sunday, else i'll feel guilty adding to your 80+ item shopping list hahaha.

Btw, the clear plastic tray on top of the hanger is something else ah, not part of the hangers (for the more blur amongst us =p )

Edited by stormcontrol

Next, cove lighting/down light/ KDK ceiling fan in living rm/entrance foyer:

DSC00210.jpg

DSC00209.jpg

And kitchen lights, (i got the same type of light for kitchen as everyone else lah):

DSC00200.jpg

Toilet lights (which i quite like):

DSC00203.jpg

And my wife's mickey mouse HSS light (why she would want a mickey mouse light in the HSS of all places i will never know. Just nodded and said "whatever makes you happy dear" ):

DSC00204.jpg

Got lights too for the guest bedroom and study area, but those are quite simple and straightforward so never take pics. But now, presenting our pride and joy, the MBR lights. Abit challenging to install this one as i wanted it to be installed at a 45 degree angle to my boxy MBR. Although, in the end it's a little bit crooked, but i think i'll accept what the electrician has done. Pretty good job:

DSC00213.jpg

DSC00197.jpg

DSC00196.jpg

DSC00195.jpg

This chandelier-like light has LED + eight halogen bulbs. The LED got three colours: blue/pink/purple (but all show up as blue on my hp camera >_<) and three type of lighting modes for the LED and two lighting configurations for the halogen bulbs. This gives me a total of around 8 lighting modes (or is it more?) with which to play with. Got even a headache-inducing disco light mode >_<"""

Now to the headaches and frustration.

First off, the KDK ceiling fan. It's wobbling like crazy lor. It's so obvious it's eccentrically loaded lor. I'm actually not worried that it will fly off the ceiling and decapitate someone but i'm afraid that if it goes on like this, some component inside will spoil and KDK will void my warranty for poor installation. My electrician promise to come and secure it more tightly, but so far it's all talk only. See how it goes when he makes a second trip to install the lightings for my carpentry.

Secondly, the partition that joseph helped me erect to level up my living room wall. The joint line between the partition and the wall proper is very obvious lor.

DSC00212.jpg

Anybody got ideas how to fix it? Put more plaster/cement? but the thermal coefficient of expansion of the cement and the partition still different right? so sooner or later that will crack also?? i don't know man....

Lastly (and the thing that causes me the most grief), aircon. Hong Tar f***ed up lah... Price is good, materials look good but the technician who came to install must be eating snake like crazy lor. I don't know what material he used to patch up the holes he drilled in my walls to run the trunking but up till today, nearly a week le, the stuff is still white and spongy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worst still, for my living room fancoil, that white stuff is bulging out of the wall like some sort of tumour!!! and the walls around it have become wet and greenish!!!!! AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!