Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
stormcontrol

At Long Last, A Place To Call Our Own

hmm...rierie, for my case, it didn't help...even to the day i sell my house away after 5yrs, the crack is still there, mended many times. I think due to the movement and vibrations, such cracks might appear again after a while?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
6 months ah... makes sense lar. Let the hole become maximum, then fill it with plaster. once hardened the plaster will just be compressed if the spacing contracts, but when it expands it will fill out the hole... okay. will discuss with contractor. worst come to worse i have to plaster/paint myself 1/2 a year later lor >_<"

hahahha...what i did was to get Eric get me a 1 year warranty. As long as i see any cracks or any other defects during this 1 year, he has to come and do it for me. :P

hmm...rierie, for my case, it didn't help...even to the day i sell my house away after 5yrs, the crack is still there, mended many times. I think due to the movement and vibrations, such cracks might appear again after a while?

mm...familyof4..that one i dunno liao.. i also heard from the painter yesterday that we cannot keep plastering the walls (and then he start to talk technical terms..absolutely don't understand :P). if we keep doing that, will have bubbles and dunno what..mmm..was that what happened for you?

hahahha...what i did was to get Eric get me a 1 year warranty. As long as i see any cracks or any other defects during this 1 year, he has to come and do it for me. :P

mm...familyof4..that one i dunno liao.. i also heard from the painter yesterday that we cannot keep plastering the walls (and then he start to talk technical terms..absolutely don't understand :P). if we keep doing that, will have bubbles and dunno what..mmm..was that what happened for you?

sianz. like that maybe instead of doing up a partition to level up a section of that wall, maybe i should tell joseph to do for me a partition for the the *entire* length of the wall. So no more problem of interface between partition board and wall except at the corner (which seems to be doing quite well.) Think joseph will faint though if he hears my idea =p

oh ya, B_D how did your woody tiles turn out ah? My grouting problem with it till today nobody come and fix. Have to really start hounding them le...

hmm...u are faster than i tot...i was about to hunt u for photo also...wahahahaha> :P

u so fast lights all up liao ah....mine still plasterting.......plastering...........:(

yes yes...i was really shock with my ikea spree...but i will share those picture once i fix them up. :)

My tiles also not done yet..no body fixing yet...anyway it hidden under cupboard...hard for me to check also...

hmm...u are faster than i tot...i was about to hunt u for photo also...wahahahaha> :P

u so fast lights all up liao ah....mine still plasterting.......plastering...........:(

yes yes...i was really shock with my ikea spree...but i will share those picture once i fix them up. :)

My tiles also not done yet..no body fixing yet...anyway it hidden under cupboard...hard for me to check also...

lolz. i can smell you on my tail already so fast hand fast leg ul the photos =)

Don't worry lah, plastering quite fast one lah. unless you doing for every single wall? Once that's done should be time for lightings le.

wah uncle smart ah. know how to camo the tiles first and hide from your inspection =p.

lolz. i can smell you on my tail already so fast hand fast leg ul the photos =)

Don't worry lah, plastering quite fast one lah. unless you doing for every single wall? Once that's done should be time for lightings le.

wah uncle smart ah. know how to camo the tiles first and hide from your inspection =p.

hehehehe.....i think i better dun spray too much perfume liao....wait u can spot me easily...:P

Yes...end up doing the whole house after a long n hard struggle($$$$)

hehehe...but i also take oot some cover to spot check at times.....but end of the day...i still get my chance to spot check de...:P

hehehehe.....i think i better dun spray too much perfume liao....wait u can spot me easily...:P

Yes...end up doing the whole house after a long n hard struggle($$$$)

hehehe...but i also take oot some cover to spot check at times.....but end of the day...i still get my chance to spot check de...:P

u call *that* perfume?? =p

i scared to check only at end of day ah. uncle so busy nowadays if i only check at end of day, he may drag and drag and forget to rectify ah. so check now and chase now! =)

u sre sooooooo well trained lor....anywhere got chance to earn $$....u sure got "a leg" de lor...:P

i wonder who trained her =p

no wonder my eye swell. got people talk behind my back.

ehhh it is not just A leg. it will be 3pairs of leg. 1 pair adult 2 pair kiddos.

*point to BD* ---> he my manager!

no wonder my eye swell. got people talk behind my back.

ehhh it is not just A leg. it will be 3pairs of leg. 1 pair adult 2 pair kiddos.

*point to BD* ---> he my manager!

yes !yes!noted la...u got lots of leg n fingers la...:P

Storm... paiseh... me busy whole day now then I see.

Hmm when a partition or a hollow block is built to join any original one... will surely crack after a bit of time. My dad (who used to do this sort of thing) says its expected.. he say.. should wait until it cracks (so that the inside has settled) then scrap off the protuding bits and plaster the crack away. Which is why I didn't ask Uncle to rectify my bro's room yet. Uncle will rectify it later. :)

That's according to my dad la. lalallala

Storm... paiseh... me busy whole day now then I see.

Hmm when a partition or a hollow block is built to join any original one... will surely crack after a bit of time. My dad (who used to do this sort of thing) says its expected.. he say.. should wait until it cracks (so that the inside has settled) then scrap off the protuding bits and plaster the crack away. Which is why I didn't ask Uncle to rectify my bro's room yet. Uncle will rectify it later. :)

That's according to my dad la. lalallala

your reno concluded a few months ago right? so you're really waiting for half a year before asking uncle to rectify ah? =)

quick update on the air-con issue:

Apparently the stuff that the air-con techie used to fill up the hole he drilled was painters' caulk. Something sorta like silicone... :bangwall: I think it was because my wife was the one jaga-ing him that time and he thought he could be lazy. Ha, that came back and bit him on his a**. Anyway, i made him dig out all the caulk and resealed the holes with white cement. Also realised that he left gaps between my trunking and my walls when he did the installation the last time, so i also made him fill up those little gaps with the silicone/painters' caulk. I think for now, my air-con issue should be settled le. For those thinking of using Hong Tar, i think they're ok lah. Price-wise is competitive, materials used seems to be good. But installation need to pay closer attention in case the techie eat snake lor.