Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
stormcontrol

At Long Last, A Place To Call Our Own

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

did u call the aircon guys back to rectify the problems? I sounded serious and once trunking is not done properly, u have lotsa issues to take care of next time and it might be cumbersome.

for your fan, who installed for u? call uncle and get him to re-do it properly for u, if the person is not competent enough to do the job, get someone else who is able to help settle it.

the partition wall, see what joseph says. it will crack if it's not properly done. that is what happened to my previous house and that partition is done by HDB, lousy!

the light in the MBR is nice :) i saw that in one of the shops too!

for the bag hanger...will it spoil the handles if I leave the bag hanging there for long? I let my bags sit in the wardrobe as i was afraid that hanging will spoil the handles.

did u call the aircon guys back to rectify the problems? I sounded serious and once trunking is not done properly, u have lotsa issues to take care of next time and it might be cumbersome.

for your fan, who installed for u? call uncle and get him to re-do it properly for u, if the person is not competent enough to do the job, get someone else who is able to help settle it.

the partition wall, see what joseph says. it will crack if it's not properly done. that is what happened to my previous house and that partition is done by HDB, lousy!

the light in the MBR is nice :) i saw that in one of the shops too!

for the bag hanger...will it spoil the handles if I leave the bag hanging there for long? I let my bags sit in the wardrobe as i was afraid that hanging will spoil the handles.

For the bag hangar, Ah di say he will get me something even more durable than the one that ikea sells. Anyway my wife intends to hang her small handbags only nia so should be no prob. You know, those types you carry to chi-chi dinners or to hold ang pows in when you go bai nian during CNY? (****... we won't be collecting ang pows nxt cny anymore... jz realised >_<" )

Haha, glad you like the light too. Wife has been playing with the lighting modes non-stop every time she goes to the house. =p

Yah, i'm paying uncle $60 to install fan lor. Better do a good job or else...

As for the partition, yah will call joseph down to see how. But first draw up/print out a full list of rectification first. Give him 1 copy then he got no excuse forget this forget that le =p

Called the aircon ppl le. Coming down today after my working hours to fix the problem. Please god let it all settle well.

nice MBR lights. got disco mode somemore??! so happening.

Is your carpentry up already?

talk about bai nian...the only ang baos i receive every year is from my MIL lor...

then again, u can use those bag and contain the ang baos that you are giving out :P u need me to being my kids to ur place and bai nian?

talk about bai nian...the only ang baos i receive every year is from my MIL lor...

then again, u can use those bag and contain the ang baos that you are giving out :P u need me to being my kids to ur place and bai nian?

dun nid dun nid. Come during christmas bah. We do gift exchange betta =p. Think my hse will be finish and ready for you by then =)

Edited by stormcontrol

nice MBR lights. got disco mode somemore??! so happening.

Is your carpentry up already?

No. They say sometime in the middle/end of this week then will start bringing it up. haiz... =(

Edited by stormcontrol

storm, your only remedy now is to reduce damage. --> quickly make a son/daughter so at least got some returns. hahahah

storm, your only remedy now is to reduce damage. --> quickly make a son/daughter so at least got some returns. hahahah

no matter how fast i go also still 1 vs 2 leh! =p

no matter how fast i go also still 1 vs 2 leh! =p

make it 4 cos if F4 is going I will gatecrash too :x

dun nid dun nid. Come during christmas bah. We do gift exchange betta =p. Think my hse will be finish and ready for you by then =)

wahaha...

looking at your house, the carpentry should be up pretty soon. and in less than 2 weeks HO?

Ivy, later he siam fast fast liao :x

Got hse, got fixed address want to siam but how to siam? =p

Yah, ah di say should be up in two weeks' time lah. But so far everytime the uncles say something take one day will end up take 2 days. 1 week end up take 2 weeks. later 2 weeks end up take 1 month then i really peng le...

Secondly, the partition that joseph helped me erect to level up my living room wall. The joint line between the partition and the wall proper is very obvious lor.

Anybody got ideas how to fix it? Put more plaster/cement? but the thermal coefficient of expansion of the cement and the partition still different right? so sooner or later that will crack also?? i don't know man....

hey stormcontrol..hope this doesn’t come too late for u :D

my house also got this problem. It was explained by Eric (my ID) that any thing that is erected and later being plastered or cemented will have this crack/hole problem. This is due to “shifting” of the house. U have to let it crack or have hole until maximum then get ur ID to do the rectification for u (i.e. plaster then paint over it). Of course, you can do it now, but most probably you’ll see it again some time later. Eric recommended for it to “shift” for 6 months.

If you want to fix it now, get them to do the plastering for that hole. Then paint over it. Then it will be swee swee!

hey stormcontrol..hope this doesn’t come too late for u :D

my house also got this problem. It was explained by Eric (my ID) that any thing that is erected and later being plastered or cemented will have this crack/hole problem. This is due to “shifting” of the house. U have to let it crack or have hole until maximum then get ur ID to do the rectification for u (i.e. plaster then paint over it). Of course, you can do it now, but most probably you’ll see it again some time later. Eric recommended for it to “shift” for 6 months.

If you want to fix it now, get them to do the plastering for that hole. Then paint over it. Then it will be swee swee!

6 months ah... makes sense lar. Let the hole become maximum, then fill it with plaster. once hardened the plaster will just be compressed if the spacing contracts, but when it expands it will fill out the hole... okay. will discuss with contractor. worst come to worse i have to plaster/paint myself 1/2 a year later lor >_<"

Edited by stormcontrol