Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
stormcontrol

At Long Last, A Place To Call Our Own

ask wifey to relax abit...when yr HO?do feedback about ah di okie...:)

joseph say should be done in 2 more weeks lah. But you know the whole ah soon crew lah... 2 weeks dunno will stretch to 1 month anot *sweat*. If one day i don't show up on RT someone help me call the police to recover my corpse hor. My wife probably murdered me cz the reno drag too long le. Remind them to charge uncle for instigating my murder hor =p

As for feedback of Ah Di, definitely will do one. Other than me, only aubrey seems to have had him and she didn't really post much abt him right? So i must share share mah.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
joseph say should be done in 2 more weeks lah. But you know the whole ah soon crew lah... 2 weeks dunno will stretch to 1 month anot *sweat*. If one day i don't show up on RT someone help me call the police to recover my corpse hor. My wife probably murdered me cz the reno drag too long le. Remind them to charge uncle for instigating my murder hor =p

As for feedback of Ah Di, definitely will do one. Other than me, only aubrey seems to have had him and she didn't really post much abt him right? So i must share share mah.

yes please do...cos only have review on Ah wei so far...not much on ah di also...but how was yr discussion with him so far?

wah!!yr wifey got so fierce anot? :jawdrop:

yes please do...cos only have review on Ah wei so far...not much on ah di also...but how was yr discussion with him so far?

wah!!yr wifey got so fierce anot? :jawdrop:

f4 you're right, aubrey seems to be happier in her last posts, so i feel abit secure. =p

Yah hor, i never talk about the discussions i had with him. Basically i feel Ah Di very customer orientated. I know he might be a little unhappy with me initially lah (because i keep on telling him to do the reno fast but keep on changing the carpentry design or adding details), but at least directly to me he's very attentive, very patient, and goes out of his way to accomodate us and has ideas about how to do things and improve things. Design wise, i'm not sure about his skills (but his drawing really CMI lah =p), as i drew out my wardrobes and cabinets exactly the way i wanted him to do it for me. Took a leaf out of ilmare612's blog and drew up my plans with measurements and picture collage of the individual fittings i wanted. He was very happy when he received my detailed drawings lol. Said that got less room for misunderstanding between both of us. I really enjoyed discussions with him as we got down to really detailed stuff where he shared with me tips and tricks that he could use to achieve the effect that i wanted for my carpentry. So overall, at least at the design stage, i must say i'm quite happy with him.

yah, my wife got that scary one... You got watch the korean movie "my sassy girl"? Then you got an idea what my life is like =p

f4 you're right, aubrey seems to be happier in her last posts, so i feel abit secure. =p

Yah hor, i never talk about the discussions i had with him. Basically i feel Ah Di very customer orientated. I know he might be a little unhappy with me initially lah (because i keep on telling him to do the reno fast but keep on changing the carpentry design or adding details), but at least directly to me he's very attentive, very patient, and goes out of his way to accomodate us and has ideas about how to do things and improve things. Design wise, i'm not sure about his skills (but his drawing really CMI lah =p), as i drew out my wardrobes and cabinets exactly the way i wanted him to do it for me. Took a leaf out of ilmare612's blog and drew up my plans with measurements and picture collage of the individual fittings i wanted. He was very happy when he received my detailed drawings lol. Said that got less room for misunderstanding between both of us. I really enjoyed discussions with him as we got down to really detailed stuff where he shared with me tips and tricks that he could use to achieve the effect that i wanted for my carpentry. So overall, at least at the design stage, i must say i'm quite happy with him.

yah, my wife got that scary one... You got watch the korean movie "my sassy girl"? Then you got an idea what my life is like =p

i think as long as ah di understand what u want, can get the job done...then it ok la. :P

hmm....tough life bro.... :P

supposed to be jason during my time la...then he suddenly resign and things were left hanging so i called myself lor...transition period :x

eh.. just found out from joseph. SOP for gas pipe installation is for the citygas guys to turn up at the place, call the contractor, the contractor just give him the combi for the number lock and he go in to install gas pipe as per marking done by contractor. Contractor never come and see 1... >_<". Like that i also know how to do already wat... >_<"

eh.. just found out from joseph. SOP for gas pipe installation is for the citygas guys to turn up at the place, call the contractor, the contractor just give him the combi for the number lock and he go in to install gas pipe as per marking done by contractor. Contractor never come and see 1... >_<". Like that i also know how to do already wat... >_<"

err...same like aircon installation.....when yr aircon install/trunking...anyone there?

err...same like aircon installation.....when yr aircon install/trunking...anyone there?

*I* was there for the running of piping. But then there were no marking for those on my walls and i didn't use uncle's aircon contact also. Gas piping easier and more straightforward bah. Uncle just come and talk to the aircon guy for 5 minutes. He only check that the piping never obstruct anything *he* is working on >_<"

Edited by stormcontrol

*I* was there for the running of piping. But then there were no marking for those on my walls and i didn't use uncle's aircon contact also. Gas piping easier and more straightforward bah. Uncle just come and talk to the aircon guy for 5 minutes. He only check that the piping never obstruct anything *he* is working on >_<"

at least he is there lor...for mine...i "book"him 1-2 weeks before hand...in the end...he tell me pai sey pai sey....i cannot come tody?

at least he is there lor...for mine...i "book"him 1-2 weeks before hand...in the end...he tell me pai sey pai sey....i cannot come tody?

don't bother to book him lah. You know how i met him and get him to quote me for my reno? I called him on tuesday night 930pm, "Uncle, can meet you tommorrow 1pm to quote me for reno?". Uncle very last minute one leh.

don't bother to book him lah. You know how i met him and get him to quote me for my reno? I called him on tuesday night 930pm, "Uncle, can meet you tommorrow 1pm to quote me for reno?". Uncle very last minute one leh.

i also realise booking system not going to work....got to try another method liao

Now to the headaches and frustration.

First off, the KDK ceiling fan. It's wobbling like crazy lor. It's so obvious it's eccentrically loaded lor. I'm actually not worried that it will fly off the ceiling and decapitate someone but i'm afraid that if it goes on like this, some component inside will spoil and KDK will void my warranty for poor installation. My electrician promise to come and secure it more tightly, but so far it's all talk only. See how it goes when he makes a second trip to install the lightings for my carpentry.

Hmm so how ?

I tried my fan liao. By default yes will wobble slightly even on max speed.

The design is movable center so it is ok to wobble a little.

The agent told me only can accept slight wobble but no too much. If not the installation is not good.

He had cases where contractors tighten too much until the base cracked and damaged then the owner call for agent to rectify.

By then too late he have to file for damages and stuffs and duno need pay for the replacement ornot.

If you worried u might wana try call my installer Eric, 97977292 who specialize in KDK fans.

Tell him Calvin's frd ba. But eh his service not very cheap wor.

My 1st installation he charged me $60 then relocate another $50 @_@

Bo bian my wife insist the location not nice so have to pay another time.

Hmm so how ?

I tried my fan liao. By default yes will wobble slightly even on max speed.

The design is movable center so it is ok to wobble a little.

The agent told me only can accept slight wobble but no too much. If not the installation is not good.

He had cases where contractors tighten too much until the base cracked and damaged then the owner call for agent to rectify.

By then too late he have to file for damages and stuffs and duno need pay for the replacement ornot.

If you worried u might wana try call my installer Eric, 97977292 who specialize in KDK fans.

Tell him Calvin's frd ba. But eh his service not very cheap wor.

My 1st installation he charged me $60 then relocate another $50 @_@

Bo bian my wife insist the location not nice so have to pay another time.

I realised also that the fan supposed to wobble abit le. Electrician came over yesterday to tighten it. Now it doesn't wobble on startup but wobble abit when it hits a good speed. Looking at the base design, i realise that it was designed to wobble. Variable center loading... dunno what the engineers are thinking... >_<" aiyah so long as still covered warranty i think we're good lah =p

Ok. Had a sort of bathroom/kitchen fixture spree yesterday at Alexandra Ikea, IMM and Tradehub21.

Bought from ikea 1x Blanken 3-tier chromed shower rack, 4 x Sagan chromed double hook, 1 x Lillholmen chrome rack of hooks, 1 x 40 cm Grundtal stainless steel towel rack, 2 x Grundtal s/s kitchen rail and hooks.

Then went to IMM asiaexcel to collect my franke fremont tap (which i rejected upon delivery yesterday as a bit of the chrome had chipped off). While we were there, also picked up 2 x Fidelis handspray, 1 x Fidelis s/s toilet paper holder, and a Crizto 2-tier tempered glass shower rack.

After that went to take a look at Adamas bathroom at Tradehub 21 and drooled all over the portable bathtub we're aiming for if budget permits and ended up buying a venetian-mirror type of toilet mirror cabinet from them. Total spent around $307 in a night. *phew* glad that's over... ...

After our "shopping spree" and a quick dinner, sent the wife to her sister's place to sleepover then went off to check out the gas piping over at our house.

DSC00214.jpg

DSC00215.jpg

DSC00216.jpg

DSC00218.jpg

They followed me and joseph's written instructions very well. but still the piping looks **** ugly. Now i have gas piping encircling nearly the whole of my kitchen ceiling... >_<. Plus that ugly lot of piping that is the water heater. Sigh. Should i ask uncle to box up anot? Wondering if possible for me to buy pvc casing from hardware store and do the boxing up myself anot...