Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
stormcontrol

At Long Last, A Place To Call Our Own

quick update on the air-con issue:

Apparently the stuff that the air-con techie used to fill up the hole he drilled was painters' caulk. Something sorta like silicone... :bangwall: I think it was because my wife was the one jaga-ing him that time and he thought he could be lazy. Ha, that came back and bit him on his a**. Anyway, i made him dig out all the caulk and resealed the holes with white cement. Also realised that he left gaps between my trunking and my walls when he did the installation the last time, so i also made him fill up those little gaps with the silicone/painters' caulk. I think for now, my air-con issue should be settled le. For those thinking of using Hong Tar, i think they're ok lah. Price-wise is competitive, materials used seems to be good. But installation need to pay closer attention in case the techie eat snake lor.

Storm,

Thanks for sharing your feedback on Hong Tar. Really useful info to take note of.

I'm also considering using them for my air-con installation. But a concern I had was that their techs seemed quite tardy and leh feh when I visited their showroom, and I guess your experience has shown that.

But agreed that their materials used is quite good, and price very competitive. Service by their sales person was also very good - sincere and non-pushy. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Storm,

Thanks for sharing your feedback on Hong Tar. Really useful info to take note of.

I'm also considering using them for my air-con installation. But a concern I had was that their techs seemed quite tardy and leh feh when I visited their showroom, and I guess your experience has shown that.

But agreed that their materials used is quite good, and price very competitive. Service by their sales person was also very good - sincere and non-pushy. :)

Yep, everything seems to be ok with hong tar except for their techies. But not to say that their techies really cannot make it. I think they have the skills, just lazy only. In fact, when Ah Soon came over and met my techie to arrange the trunking that time, they stared at each other for awhile then said at the same time "You again ah?!". :P . Apparently he has worked on many homes which uncle had a hand in doing up :rolleyes:

Uncle also told me he's(the guy installing my aircon) ok one, just have to keep an eye out on him (which i failed to do during 2nd trip lah).

i was actually quite impressed with the Hong tar installation for a friend's house....and she gave good review...in the end hubby still chose Gain city...also not bad...i guess it still boils down to the people doing it. i remembered the technie left the water piping hanging in mid wall in MBR toilet, when yeak came, immediately ask me to call him back to do the piping to the drainage pipe area.... :rolleyes:

i was actually quite impressed with the Hong tar installation for a friend's house....and she gave good review...in the end hubby still chose Gain city...also not bad...i guess it still boils down to the people doing it. i remembered the technie left the water piping hanging in mid wall in MBR toilet, when yeak came, immediately ask me to call him back to do the piping to the drainage pipe area.... :rolleyes:

i agree with that...i find installation of the aircon sometime is by luck. Cos if u meet up with a team that good and take pride in their work...sure swee swee....if not....really going to :bangwall:

DSC00209.jpg

hi stormcontrol

Can share the name/color code for this greyish/brownish wall? I think it's really nice! :good:

hi stormcontrol

Can share the name/color code for this greyish/brownish wall? I think it's really nice! :good:

It's grey. =) IIRC, it's ICI Dulux Pentalite "Smoke Pearl" PL20088.

Edited by stormcontrol

It's grey. =) IIRC, it's ICI Dulux Pentalite "Smoke Pearl" PL20088.

Hey thanks for your reply.. I'll go check it out.. :yamseng:

your reno concluded a few months ago right? so you're really waiting for half a year before asking uncle to rectify ah? =)

mmm ya lor... anyway we're waiting for part two also so might as well ask Uncle to do during Part 2. :)

Actually, I was talking with joseph yesterday. He explained to me that at the join lines, between partition board and partition board or between partition board and wall, they actually place a net-like thing over it. Then they plaster over this net and paint over it. Once this is done, you won't ever see this crack. At least this is what joseph explain to me. My partition board and wall joint is cracking because the worker neglected to put the net there >_<". Also, the grey paint is showing up weirdly on two strips of my partition board as well and joseph (who spotted that) said that that was due to insufficient plaster. So he's gonna call his partition crew to come and patch up this job as well...

Actually, I was talking with joseph yesterday. He explained to me that at the join lines, between partition board and partition board or between partition board and wall, they actually place a net-like thing over it. Then they plaster over this net and paint over it. Once this is done, you won't ever see this crack. At least this is what joseph explain to me. My partition board and wall joint is cracking because the worker neglected to put the net there >_<". Also, the grey paint is showing up weirdly on two strips of my partition board as well and joseph (who spotted that) said that that was due to insufficient plaster. So he's gonna call his partition crew to come and patch up this job as well...

great! good that he explained to u properly and told u how it will be rectified :) responsible guy!

great! good that he explained to u properly and told u how it will be rectified :) responsible guy!

lol, in fact he also spotted some things that me and my wife (who are both very absent-minded and blind) failed to spot and that hdb need to rectify for us. rusty fittings etc. =p Meeting him yesterday was definitely an enjoyable and fruitful session. =)

Edited by stormcontrol

lol, in fact he also spotted some things that me and my wife (who are both very absent-minded and blind) failed to spot and that hdb need to rectify for us. rusty fittings etc. =p Meeting him yesterday was definitely an enjoyable and fruitful session. =)

so he is managing yr place for u now?i think overall he is good...have eye for detail as well...n give gd suggestion...:)

so he is managing yr place for u now?i think overall he is good...have eye for detail as well...n give gd suggestion...:)

i don't care who's officially managing my place. Whoever is easier to contact and meet is the one i'm going to complain to. =) So by elimination, that leaves joseph liao lor =p

Edited by stormcontrol

HUH... mm maybe this net thing is new. my dad old fashion, still thinking the old fashion way. haha thanks Storm. So now I know what to look out for when they come to patch. :)