Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
stormcontrol

At Long Last, A Place To Call Our Own

i just passed my jennings laminate catalogue to Joseph yesterday. can get from him.

good progress on your side, storm. :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wah I think SLOW and GOOD is much much much more appreciated than fast and below expectations. :)

Good that they are doing a good job for you!! :)

Wah I think SLOW and GOOD is much much much more appreciated than fast and below expectations. :)

Good that they are doing a good job for you!! :)

Hi stormcontrol, your reno progress is fast and I hope for you to be smooth as well.

I do agree with pinkpetter that 慢工出细货 would be better. :)

For myself, I took over 9 weeks (but partly my master bathroom hacking needs further approval from HDB, which took additional 2 weeks or so, no progress) to complete, as I told my ID to do nice-nice, don't rush. But then my ID is not your contractor, in case you wonder, haha...

No wonder my tiling team suddenly lose half the manpower lah. Progress slow down =p

They are as uncle describe lor, slow but good. My tiles are laid quite well. Even, and straight (to me). The tiles are also well cut and the grouting job so far is good. But it's true, they take their time. But ok lah, most of the comments i have been receiving from people here on my tblog seem to indicate that progress is actually at a good pace =p

All tiles and skirting are up as of today. and the new doorframe is up as well. all the holes leftover from the hacking have also been patched up. From what i can see, only things left are grouting in both my bedrooms and then cleaning up and we can move on to the next stage liaoz.

One thing though, uncle promised to pass me the catalogues two days ago but still haven't turn up. Supposed to speak to carpenter tommorrow/today also, but uncle never call to set appointment. Never mind, i'll chase him tommorrow/today =p

Btw, who's holding on to the majority of the catalogues ah? Last i heard was familyof4, but i also hear that she's passing it around. If you guys are done with them maybe I can get the catalogues direct from you guys instead of troubling uncle =)

Oh yar, finally settle aircon too. Signed with Hong Tar, coming on the 17th to run the piping. gotta remind uncle to be around too cz i've not much ideas about that one... >_<"

wah!!!not my fault lor....they never come my pkace yet as i will start tiling only nest tue la....:P

I am happy that reno is progressing well.:)

ehhh ehhh with me with me!! I got quite a number of the laminate catalogues. I'm done with them le. Actually intend to pass them back to uncle but didn't have a chance to meet him. How can I pass to you storm? I can pass you all that I have except for the EDL one which I am suppose to return to Ah Wei. The rest are from uncle.

Who will be your carpenter?

@ivy: with you? haha i thought familyof4 was the one holding on to a large number of it. =p. I try to chase uncle for it today. if not i get from you. i'll PM you my hp number if it comes to that =p. Dunno who's going to be my carpenter leh. Sigh, first issue with uncle. The grouting for my woody floor in bedrooms is super ugly. white with streaks of chocolate. ewww.... Going to see what uncle can do about that. Recently reno really starting to drag feet le. time to chase uncle! =p

@hibernate: you also stay in TPY?

@ivy: with you? haha i thought familyof4 was the one holding on to a large number of it. =p. I try to chase uncle for it today. if not i get from you. i'll PM you my hp number if it comes to that =p. Dunno who's going to be my carpenter leh. Sigh, first issue with uncle. The grouting for my woody floor in bedrooms is super ugly. white with streaks of chocolate. ewww.... Going to see what uncle can do about that. Recently reno really starting to drag feet le. time to chase uncle! =p

stormcontrol,

i also got those wooden tiles ley...must update me how uncle gg to rectify hor?:P Ys finished tiling liao?

i think there a period for the tile to rest de ba

stormcontrol,

i also got those wooden tiles ley...must update me how uncle gg to rectify hor?:P Ys finished tiling liao?

i think there a period for the tile to rest de ba

i thought only 1 day to rest?? Cz my tiler allow me to step on those tiles which he has laid for more than 1 day.

Yep, i'll post up pics once i'm satisfied with the tiles =p

heya, the laminates i passed on after my selection's are done! but to be frank, the others hor, i dun even want to see...only EDL, seng lee and lamitak ones are nice :)

That's what happens when want to mix grout lor.. now you know what I mean... change change change.

It means that when they grout, he didn't mix the grout properly. Think Uncle needs to get them those kitchen mixer soon. :P

i think it is faster for you to get from me. I kept asking him for the catalogues previously but it nv comes. so i got it from familyof4.

I wanted to return to him but so far, I didn't manage to meet him yet.

my hse location nt as good as yours .. mine in sk ..

Updates Updates!

First off, a very big thank you to Ivy for passing me the laminates catalogues yesterday! :wub:

Eh ivy, you got two kids ah? Cannot tell leh. I would have estimated that you are younger than me =p Lolx

Right after Ivy passed me the catalogues, was going to hit the fast dial on my hp to call uncle to ride his *** for the delays in my reno when he beat me to the draw and called me first and asked to meetup =)

Wah this meetup very siong. Uncle didn't tell me in advance but he brought his entire gang down. Carpenter (Ah Di) and electrician (Fei Zi) came down with him and and i ended trying to hold a conversation with all three of them on various aspects of my house. Lol! Although Ivy and a few of you guys recommended me to get ah wei if possible, but since Ah Di come already I also paiseh to push for someone else. So let him try lor. Shared with him our ideas and he took measurements and promised to get back to me with drawings. Hope Ah Di won't turn out like uncle need to chase one =p

Uncle also passed us the ICI paint catalogue and the wife and I chose these colours:

Living room/hallway/entrance: Light n Space Frosted Dawn

TV wall: Pentalite Smoked Pearl (haha, realised that my colour for tv wall nearly the same as fannie's :lol: )

MBR: Light n Space Spring Blush

Guest bedroom: Wash n Wear Bluebell Classic

Pretty much confirmed. Now on to the headache of choosing laminates! =)