Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
escahmobu

Stainless Steel Water Pipe

Anyone got encounter before contractor advise not to change certain part of the existing copper pipe to stainless steel pipe due to the possibility of future leakage? Which mean some part were changed to stainless steel and some part remain the old copper pipe.

Also, any advise will two different metal material put together will it cause corrosion???

Last, can stainless steel pipe be bend like copper pipe??

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Anyone got encounter before contractor advise not to change certain part of the existing copper pipe to stainless steel pipe due to the possibility of future leakage? Which mean some part were changed to stainless steel and some part remain the old copper pipe.

Also, any advise will two different metal material put together will it cause corrosion???

Last, can stainless steel pipe be bend like copper pipe??

All the 13 contractors / IDs I deal with advise me to change whole house copper pipes into stainless steel pipes leh.

normally either change all or don't change, never heard of change some parts. Corrosion, shouldn't be. It's true SS piping are more difficult to bend as compared to copper.

All the 13 contractors / IDs I deal with advise me to change whole house copper pipes into stainless steel pipes leh.

reason being very simple. Change = money = profits.

Hi,

I would recommend to change all to stainless steel but not partial.

Example, if you change this parts, and then after u move in , 3months later, the other parts leaking then you have trouble and have to pay another charges.

Please compare between change all pipes cost and change parts by parts cost.

and yes stainless is difficult to bend.

Agree with happyharu8, I am changing the very old copper water pipes in my 30-yr old flat to stainless steel ones after some consideration. Initially, I had only wanted to change the older & leaking parts as this flat is meant to be rented. However, considering the hassle to change/repair when tenants move in & the additional costs involved, I decided it's better to do it once & for all.

My question now is, should stainless steel water pipes be painted? I thought they should be left as it is since I see all stainless steel pipes in common areas around the blocks here not painted, am I right? Anyone care to enlighten? Thanks!

Agree with happyharu8, I am changing the very old copper water pipes in my 30-yr old flat to stainless steel ones after some consideration. Initially, I had only wanted to change the older & leaking parts as this flat is meant to be rented. However, considering the hassle to change/repair when tenants move in & the additional costs involved, I decided it's better to do it once & for all.

My question now is, should stainless steel water pipes be painted? I thought they should be left as it is since I see all stainless steel pipes in common areas around the blocks here not painted, am I right? Anyone care to enlighten? Thanks!

hi, from what I know copper pipes rust, that's why it is painted. since you are getting s/s pipes, why paint over it? after installed, you can buy those s/s cleaner & polish to retain its shine! hee, hope this help.

Difficult to bend meaning still can be bend?

Because i still see my SS water pipe being able bend at some area.

Other area they have to use joint..

Hi,

I would recommend to change all to stainless steel but not partial.

Example, if you change this parts, and then after u move in , 3months later, the other parts leaking then you have trouble and have to pay another charges.

Please compare between change all pipes cost and change parts by parts cost.

and yes stainless is difficult to bend.