Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blue_diamond

Blue & Pink Love Nest

Updates

Went on to checked on my reno progress at 8+pm...was shocked to see the lights still on. Realised that the tilers AH HOW is still sround to do tiling. Feel so pai sey...went to get him dinner n drinks (after must insist). Chat abit with him and confirm that my tiling will be done by this friday....:)

Now dunno what to expect after tiling also.:P

wa...it's going to be fast after tiling works le..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

haha. i also got a shock to see ah how at my side at 1030 pm. guess what he is doing there? haha. ok la, i dun mind. my house handing over soon. as long as i dun see 20 people there having a party i am fine...

he told me ur tiling completing these 2 days.

after tat should be painting. if u doing plastering then it is plastering before painting. also window installation.

haha. i also got a shock to see ah how at my side at 1030 pm. guess what he is doing there? haha. ok la, i dun mind. my house handing over soon. as long as i dun see 20 people there having a party i am fine...

he told me ur tiling completing these 2 days.

after tat should be painting. if u doing plastering then it is plastering before painting. also window installation.

yr progress seem fast lately...good good.. :good:

I will be doing some plastering....bt not for all...not sure when they will start...

hmm...think he left my place at 9....he was yr place till 1030pm?so what is he doing there huh?He also mentioned that yr going to be done soon..:P

yr progress seem fast lately...good good.. :good:

I will be doing some plastering....bt not for all...not sure when they will start...

hmm...think he left my place at 9....he was yr place till 1030pm?so what is he doing there huh?He also mentioned that yr going to be done soon..:P

how much are you quoted for plastering?

Is there a need to?

My contractor mentioned that it will be very nice (which i agree) especially i'm removing the old cornice in the rooms and not putting back any. so plastering can nicely do good to the ceilings n walls.

However my ID say can just mend those holes before doing painting. No need waste money on plastering.

So can anyone advise, under what condition of your walls and ceilings then you opt for plastering?

I'm quoted 1.6k for plastering whole house.

Is there a need to?

My contractor mentioned that it will be very nice (which i agree) especially i'm removing the old cornice in the rooms and not putting back any. so plastering can nicely do good to the ceilings n walls.

However my ID say can just mend those holes before doing painting. No need waste money on plastering.

So can anyone advise, under what condition of your walls and ceilings then you opt for plastering?

i initially wanted to do plastering for my house 154sqm.

But the walls were pretty even and i got the contractor to have a look at it...he advised against plastering as it is quite costly. He will plaster for me FOC on the places that are uneven, with holes etc...Hubby wanted nice smooth walls actually...so do I after visitng some others who does plastering.

If ur contractor mentioned that he is gonna help u plaster the uneven walls and holes, I think u can save that $1600 :)

Hope this helps.

Is there a need to?

Hi pinkiedreamy,

I noticed that you have been asking around for plastering cost. what is the size of your place? 5-rm?

The quotes that I got for my 5-rm is $1850, $1880, $2100 and $2200 from 4 different renovators. I understand that the renovator will need to paint a layer of sealer before the painting/plastering (forgot the details) to prevent the water/moisture or something. And some might quote this sealer painting separately, the quote i got for this area is around $200-300.

Just to share some of my research with you. :)

Edited by Rasp

Hi pinkiedreamy,

I noticed that you have been asking around for plastering cost. what is the size of your place? 5-rm?

The quotes that I got for my 5-rm is $1850, $1880, $2100 and $2200 from 4 different renovators. I understand that the renovator will need to paint a layer of sealer before the painting/plastering (forgot the details) to prevent the water/moisture or something. And some might quote this sealer painting separately, the quote i got for this area is around $200-300.

Just to share some of my research with you. :)

Wanna make sure wont kena carrot. cos my contractor kept asking me to plaster whole house. but some say not necessary. and my ID say if the job not done well, oso cant guarantee the wall will be smooth and nice.

I din do plastering for my first house. but this is a resale, and cos we doing hacking, so wanna make sure the holes (of those removed fixtures from previous owners) will be covered nicely. Since we going to spend so much on the interior designing, then if really need to plaster, then the money cannot save lor.

tell u when i meet u... hahaha

no pics recently hhuh

wah...kenna spoted by u...hehehehe..

Cos the whole place been cover up by the cupboard protection....so i also dunno what n how to take?:P

I will go n take some this weekend for u to see la...the tiles are going to be done tomorrow...so happy about it. :)

updates

Tiling are done today.So now it plastering and also rewiring..:P

Here just some picts for toilets as the place is stilll in a mess....:P

MBR toilet

P260609_1648.jpg

Common toilet

P260609_1649.jpg

P260609_164901.jpg