Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bodo

Somewhere In Macpherson

BD that one was said very early liao. dun be petty lah

jervislim he already posted leh. did u visit any of uncle's work in progress unit to view workmanship?

Hihi Ivy... actually me and my wife viewed your unit before together with Uncle bout 2 weeks back...

Not sure u remember us. :yamseng::yamseng:

We had viewed smallboy, f4, asugama places quietly quietly before also... Heehee... :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-018::P

All very nicely done!!!

Now still in bargaining/negotiation stage with Uncle... but his quotation (already discount) still quite substantially higher compared apple to apple to many of you all here. :( :(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hihi Ivy... actually me and my wife viewed your unit before together with Uncle bout 2 weeks back...

We had viewed smallboy, f4, asugama places quietly quietly before also... Heehee... :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-018::P

All very nicely done!!!

Now still in bargaining/negotiation stage with Uncle... but his quotation (already discount) still quite substantially higher compared apple to apple to many of you all here. :( :(

the jurong west couple?

Yes yes!!!

Coded : NanDa 668D (by Uncle)

ahhh ok ok hahah yah yah i remember the both of u! :)

lol uncle ahhh call of us by blk number and road name de...

Jervislim forget to add that, actually i think for some of our projects hor, uncle quoted too low, so ahhh profit margin either very low or may make a little loss, according to some of his sub con.

Edited by ivy

All very nicely done!!!

hmm, bo bianz, i think uncle raised price a bit as he's too popular liao! he also need to earn mah :P

my fren who asked him to quote also received higher quote so tt's why i noe.

hiaz. After dealing with Ah Di so long ah (nearly one month le. siao. reno drag until so long liao ar? :o UNCLEE!!!! FASTER!!!! :P ) i've realised some pro's and con's with dealing with him.

Pros:

1) He's very receptive to design input from house owner. I gave him a very detailed drawing for my carpentry (with appropriate allowances for his experience with woodworking lah. like don't go and specify the partition/wood thickness as he is the one more clear about this. Just give a tolerance for it like "at most i want it XX inch thick" etc.) and he was very happy. Makes his work easier he said.

2) He's got ideas and will feedback. Can tell you what's feasible and what's not on the spot (most of the time) and help you rectify your drawings for details you've missed out. this only applies after the 2nd meeting when he's more familiar with the dimensions and peculiarities of your house

3) He's accomodating. Unlike uncle/joseph etc who's almost always busy and difficult to meet at times, Ah Di will try to accomodate the meeting times you want one. So that's good as you can almost always get him to talk face to face.

4) To my untrained and slightly blind eyes, so far he's workmanship is ok and acceptable to me. Anybody volunteer to QC? (haha. ask from my thread to bodo/pridilaw's thread le)

Cons:

1) Ah Di doesn't write things down. My wife spotted this about him immediately in our first meeting and forced *me* to go and write down everything we want and give to Ah Di so that there's no room for error. For the drawings, she even made me go and do a rough engineering draft type of drawing to give to Ah Di so that he cannot get too creative. Not easy ok, i had translate all the concepts i learned in english to chinese >_<""

2) Ah Di is proud. He's proud about his work and it shows. He will come down and run around my place half-naked helping his guys install stuff and jaga-ing the work. =p Obviously he takes pride in his work. But precisely because he takes pride, he also takes offence easily when his work is being criticized for what he feels is no good reason >_<". But if you can give him a reason and talk him down, he can be reasonable (at least so far in my case) to rectify/change one. 1 thing to take note is not to be confrontational with him as he's one stubborn bugger. >_<" Btw arh pridilaw, remember the frosted glass in your mbr wardrobe shelving? he told me you said to him "why no frosted glass?". He told me that he was thinking, "of course no frosted glass lah. i haven't bring up yet what. it's not yet time to do that. bring up now later spoil when i install the wood how?" But i don't think he got say all that to you one right? He felt he was being accused and he didn't want to say so much defending himself (that's what he said to me lah). He that type of person one lah. Eat soft don't eat hard type >_<"

Lastly ah, i think the work we are getting Ah Di to do is different right bodo/pridilaw? I'm doing wardrobe/kitchen cabinets/HSS cabinets/ and mirrors. I think the most headache he give you is the TV console right? Yah, maybe his skill with this not good ah?

Anyways, just chill. in the end most important is we get a house we like, so if the carpenter is not doing things exactly the way you want, either we accept (and by accept i mean can live happily with it ah, not hold a grudge =p) or we talk and make him change. Simple and no stress =p

Edited by stormcontrol

i believe uncle under-quoted many things for me even.

many people says my reno is a good deal (which I agree). with 43K, VO about 2850, can u imagine?

jervislim, get a few quotes and make a fair comparison :)

i believe uncle under-quoted many things for me even.

many people says my reno is a good deal (which I agree). with 43K, VO about 2850, can u imagine?

jervislim, get a few quotes and make a fair comparison :)

yup....i think he actually underquote for some of us la...when i sahow my quote with friends....(even in reno line)....my friends was saying:"yr contractor siao ah...like that how to earn?"

My take is also to take a fw quote n really compare.

Storm...

Glad yrs is fine with Ah Di....what most impt is that u are happy working with him and things are accaeptable as well. So when yr HO?

I think u can ask other expert to help u qc...mine not yet that stage...also not sure how to see...:)

yup....i think he actually underquote for some of us la...when i sahow my quote with friends....(even in reno line)....my friends was saying:"yr contractor siao ah...like that how to earn?"

Storm...

Glad yrs is fine with Ah Di....what most impt is that u are happy working with him and things are accaeptable as well. So when yr HO?

I think u can ask other expert to help u qc...mine not yet that stage...also not sure how to see...:)

i agree, my next choice other than uncle is my friend. her quote is 10k higher and i showed her my quote. many things even at cost she can't do and asked me how is uncle going to earn too.

Storm...

Haiz. At least you guys got do good comparison. We got tired after meeting just 2 IDs and 2 contractor. Got tired of repeating ourselve so just take the cheapest of the 4 =p. But i don't know if uncle is that much cheaper. the next closest quote to uncle was about 1.5k off nia.

HO in two weeks time hopefully. I think all the really good QC ppl may be the yeaksters leh. got bbron to train them mah =p

Haiz. At least you guys got do good comparison. We got tired after meeting just 2 IDs and 2 contractor. Got tired of repeating ourselve so just take the cheapest of the 4 =p. But i don't know if uncle is that much cheaper. the next closest quote to uncle was about 1.5k off nia.

HO in two weeks time hopefully. I think all the really good QC ppl may be the yeaksters leh. got bbron to train them mah =p

waahahaha...then u ask bbron to help u lor?:P

yeaker ah!!!anybody can help??!!!!

we kiasu ma...that y compare more...but to me on QC...i find it can be subjective at times(my view)..as long as u can accept it...then it oke.:)

waahahaha...then u ask bbron to help u lor?:P

yeaker ah!!!anybody can help??!!!!

we kiasu ma...that y compare more...but to me on QC...i find it can be subjective at times(my view)..as long as u can accept it...then it oke.:)

agree on the QC part. I believe if i send a team to QC my house, alot of things will be picked out. Not that I never see, but I just think that those are little things that I can live with and is ok and frankly i think my tolerance level for little flaws are quite high lah cos I am simply a super imperfect person myself too!

agree on the QC part. I believe if i send a team to QC my house, alot of things will be picked out. Not that I never see, but I just think that those are little things that I can live with and is ok and frankly i think my tolerance level for little flaws are quite high lah cos I am simply a super imperfect person myself too!

okok...shhhhhshhh.....i still need to market u de....dun keep telling pple la...we know la...shhhhhhhshhhhhhh

okok...shhhhhshhh.....i still need to market u de....dun keep telling pple la...we know la...shhhhhhhshhhhhhh

oh :x

Btw arh pridilaw, remember the frosted glass in your mbr wardrobe shelving? he told me you said to him "why no frosted glass?". He told me that he was thinking, "of course no frosted glass lah. i haven't bring up yet what. it's not yet time to do that. bring up now later spoil when i install the wood how?" But i don't think he got say all that to you one right? He felt he was being accused and he didn't want to say so much defending himself (that's what he said to me lah). He that type of person one lah. Eat soft don't eat hard type >_<"

Hi storm, (nothing personal by the way) =)

Duh...he was the one who "forgot" the frosted glass loh...if it was to be done later...a laminated board wouldn't be in it's place liao..if you check out the photo, the drawers on the left, the shelf should be frosted glass and not laminate. Now according to Uncle & Alan, to make frosted glass, he'll have to dismantle the board to put the glass and disfigure my wardrobe doing that...siao ah..if he so good at his woodwork, should know this mah..waste one laminate board then waste time dismantling it and then after that install the glass....super duh

What kind of excuse is this..not up yet. Obviously he forgot about it and now have to DISMANTLE to do the glass, not just PUT ON it. Wah lau..my surname not Lai...the whole conversation yesterday he was the one being most defensive..haha..still say dun want to defend...

Now that I hear this from you..I have another opinion of him liao...now whose the one being accused...duhhhhhhhhhhhh

Just dun like pp spinning stories..if i'm at fault, I'll say I'm at fault...

But never mind, he'll have to redo mine by hook or by crook...

Edited by pridilaw