Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bodo

Somewhere In Macpherson

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

the gaps may be caused by uneven walls or floors and ceilings. if the layout and all are wrong, get them to change at this stage it will be much much easier.

when my carpenter are putting up mine, there were gaps and misalignments too, but was told to wait till the finish most parts of it due to the uneven walls and floor-ceiling heights.

okok...maybe u can speak to Uncle about it....

I never do reno before, so dunno what is the benchmark for carpentry works

From my point of view, this is not acceptable for "custom-made" quality. If I want something so poorly done, might as well go IKEA buy and do myself, at least if it's a job poorly done, I can still accept it coz it's not as expensive as what I was quoted for this set of carpentry works. :paint:

Is this carpentry quality considered acceptable??

Edited by pridilaw

I never do reno before, so dunno what is the benchmark for carpentry works

From my point of view, this is not acceptable for "custom-made" quality. If I want something so poorly done, might as well go IKEA buy and do myself, at least if it's a job poorly done, I can still accept it coz it's not as expensive as what I was quoted for this set of carpentry works. :paint:

Is this carpentry quality acceptable??

me cant comment much as it also the 1st time i am doing reno...i will suggest that u ask them straight if u feel uncomfy about the quality. if the reason is not good enough...just give Uncle a call....that how i manage mine...hope it help

me cant comment much as it also the 1st time i am doing reno...i will suggest that u ask them straight if u feel uncomfy about the quality. if the reason is not good enough...just give Uncle a call....that how i manage mine...hope it help

hi blue_diamond,

Thx for your advice. Have contacted Alan, he'll go down and check it out tomorrow.

Will update on what's the outcome soon... ;)

the gaps may be caused by uneven walls or floors and ceilings. if the layout and all are wrong, get them to change at this stage it will be much much easier.

when my carpenter are putting up mine, there were gaps and misalignments too, but was told to wait till the finish most parts of it due to the uneven walls and floor-ceiling heights.

thx u for this, perhaps it's a normal thing to have gaps afterall...

Alan will check and get back to me on it tml :)

thx u for this, perhaps it's a normal thing to have gaps afterall...

Alan will check and get back to me on it tml :)

during the lego stage gaps are ok...but when they piece all together...they can rectify the uneven-ness and misaligments, but should not be too much of it...

if gaps are there and misalignments still alot, u might want to get them to really settle the problem.

The cupboard is really too different from what you want.. The gaps and alignment should be able to resolve.. Talk to the carpenter and Uncle fast before they continue to do and it's too late for remedy...

Cheer up!

thanks to all for the encouragement!

we told alan just now already and emailed him the pictures and the initial drawing.

hmm, endure a bit more cos it's the last leg of the reno process loh.

An update so far...

Carpenter pasted the laminate for the wardrobe even without clarifying with us and keep insisting to Alan that nothing is wrong. Never mind about that, if we were to have what we wanted with the railway tracking, the wardrobe would not be perfect anymore as they have to hack it out to redo...

TV console, greatest disappointment. We told the carpenter we wanted to hang a 42" TV on it..he said okay okay...but look at the structure of the TV console, I don't think it can hold the weight. Besides, it looks like they are scrap wood from 10 different projects with the different colour in place. The board was at most 3 mm...from my research from other sources, it would have to be at least 6mm thick for a 42" TV...

Additionally, the laminate which they attempted to paste on before we find anymore faults with them had vertical grains. I specifically told the carpenter I wanted horizontal grains and even wrote it down for him. Which part of "horizontal" he don't understand. If things are to be done his way, why do I need to custom-made? I can jolly well go IKEA or some wood wholesaler and nail my own wardrobe...duh 8|

CIMG3096-1.jpg

DSC00858.jpg

CIMG3120.jpg

CIMG3116.jpg

Compare this with such good quality carpentry from familyof4...sorry borrowed from you without your permission :P

tvconsole.jpg

Edited by pridilaw

aiyoh! this carpenter very naughty!! maybe u wanna request for a change of carpenter??

aiyoh! this carpenter very naughty!! maybe u wanna request for a change of carpenter??

so you also think it's unacceptable?? just thinking if it's me being particular...