Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bodo

Somewhere In Macpherson

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Distracted from the upcoming reno :P

Bought my 5.1 channel home theatre system already from the best denki show.

Hope it's not a mistake..............

Onkyo TX-SR705S & Jamo S416HCS3B for $959

plus jamo subwoofer for $329

Total damage : $1288

Pictures

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7828/onkyotxsr705s.jpg

http://img35.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ja...singlesheet.pdf

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7041/jamosub200blacks.jpg

http://www.hangcenter.hu/jamo_s_416_hcs_3_singlesheet.pdf

Edited by bodo

Tonite gonna meet up Alan at 10pm to sign the quotation excluding the folding glass wall.

Uncle Soon let Alan handle my reno.

Anyone know who is Alan and whether he is Uncle's worker or Uncle sub to him?

Uncle gave me the quote for the folding glass wall but must wait till finalise then counted.

Alan alan, dunno if it is such a good thing after all......................

i've just started my reno today too.. after much ding dongs and delays..waited for uncle till 10.15 to ToNG GONG.. he too, sprang me a surprise and said my unit is done by ALan too, which wasnt what he promised last thursday.

haiz, well, we lets have faith... we cross our fingers... and toes... but somehow i felt alan's quote higher than uncle

i've just started my reno today too.. after much ding dongs and delays..waited for uncle till 10.15 to ToNG GONG.. he too, sprang me a surprise and said my unit is done by ALan too, which wasnt what he promised last thursday.

haiz, well, we lets have faith... we cross our fingers... and toes... but somehow i felt alan's quote higher than uncle

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! U r in the same situation as me...................

Wondering if Alan's workmanship, responsibility and work ethics same as Uncle Soon or not?

Hmm, dunno if he is as easygoing as Uncle or not???

Sighs, we dun haf much choice do we after allllll the delay?

He sprang a quick one on us

If Alan is not on par, I will definitely blog about it!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! U r in the same situation as me...................

Wondering if Alan's workmanship, responsibility and work ethics same as Uncle Soon or not?

Hmm, dunno if he is as easygoing as Uncle or not???

Sighs, we dun haf much choice do we after allllll the delay?

He sprang a quick one on us

If Alan is not on par, I will definitely blog about it!

Oh... so you are the one he's fire fighting the other day when i was toking to him, he flew my kite twice on the DONG TU, ahhaha..thatz why i started gettting alittle wee bit paranoid last nite and this morning when he was totally uncontactable over the weekends :)

yep, he totally sprang a fast one, becoz, he told me the other day said he will personally oversee mine, nevermind, i have to take it as it goes, he's supposed to be at my unit tomorrow at 10.30am becos the HDB officer is coming to inspect the unit before giving the green light to hack the rest... i cant be around, will leave micromanagement to my hubbie..

Edited by xvirusga76

thank u :D yeah, we are all getting married in aug!

but currently busy with our newly adopted puppy and the upcoming reno to prepare for the wedding :(

our place is located near windsor hotel, not the circuit road area (which is nearer to serangoon :) ).

as we are not doing any structural changes, definitely much easier than hdb.

hmm, i contacted uncle soon before getting my keys but he asked me to call him after that.

after i collected my keys, it's about 3 weeks before start of reno (assuming we can start tomorrow)

is that consider fast to settle with uncle? we think it's quite slow already since the house is vacant for 3 weeks while we are already paying for property tax etc.

wow! that adds me too! mine's 9th aug! whenz yours?? thus i am really short of time, need the house to be ready by end june, to leave july for my last min preps and buys.. and the wedding preps..

Oh... so you are the one he's fire fighting the other day when i was toking to him, he flew my kite twice on the DONG TU, ahhaha..thatz why i started gettting alittle wee bit paranoid last nite and this morning when he was totally uncontactable over the weekends :)

yep, he totally sprang a fast one, becoz, he told me the other day said he will personally oversee mine, nevermind, i have to take it as it goes, he's supposed to be at my unit tomorrow at 10.30am becos the HDB officer is coming to inspect the unit before giving the green light to hack the rest... i cant be around, will leave micromanagement to my hubbie..

Actually come to think of it, since Uncle Soon is so busy, it maybe a good idea to let Alan handle the project management instead as long as the quotation is still done by Uncle :)

Read from growler's blog http://ourhome-rejuvenation.blogspot.com/2...eph-bo-geh.html about the relationship between Bo Gek, Alan and Uncle. Since Alan is also working under Uncle Soon, things should be pretty much the same bah. Keeping my fingers cross..............

They will come to my house to hack tomorrow after yours is done I think.

wow! that adds me too! mine's 9th aug! whenz yours?? thus i am really short of time, need the house to be ready by end june, to leave july for my last min preps and buys.. and the wedding preps..

We are very much in the same situation. Ours 02 Aug. All wedding plans put on all first till midway through the reno :P

I can understand familyof4's stress, small boy's reno fatigue in chasing rectifications, your anxiety on the reno.........

Forum is a wonderful thing! We get to share our experiences with those going through the same thing as us.

Hi pridilaw

Nice choice of tiles. Very unique! The tiles for the common toilet, 3 types right? How you intend to lay them?

Hi pridilaw

Nice choice of tiles. Very unique! The tiles for the common toilet, 3 types right? How you intend to lay them?

Thank you iluvmybeans,

the dark tiles are for the floor, the white for the wall and the striped one for our feature wall...either at the shower or the WC area. :)

Edited by pridilaw

the living room tiles unique. the mosiac looks nice too.

Thank u :)

My reno finally started on 20 May!

Took a few pictures but left it in the car.

I will upload them soon.