Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gaku70

New Home In The East

it is from other supplier. just that the door lock is not up, the cant take measurements..so they are coming tmr to take measurements tmr since my lock and handle are both up already.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

gaku, can see that u r at ur limits liao. i dare not arrange for delivery yet until i really can confirm the HO date. The aircon cancellation thing already got me worried tat time.

Can feel your anger for sure.. If it's me, I would have blew my top last week.. Think you need to first settle tomorrow's situation and make sure you go through with Uncle Soon tomorrow on the next steps..

If you have a proper contract, you can already LD him liao..

ya la. mus make sure. but hopefully my side not much defect works.

gaku: cool down and work with uncle to see what can be done...

what was the reason for not polishing and unable to HO? did uncle explain? cos it has really been quite a while already.

Mine some works also delayed. my gate will only be ready earliest by wednesday...I am shifting in on tuesday w/o gate

There is no reason given for not polishing. I have been hearing "Tomorrow" since 9th June. Just now asked him again he said cannot contact the polisher. I am not able to accept such a lame excuse. If I don't call him, think he will just keep quiet about it.

When I was reaching, saw his van moving off and he told me he is going over to your place and another place. So cannot meet me. I don't think that's the responsible way of handover.

My initial handover was 3 weeks but I gave him till

29th May then change to

31st May then change to

3rd June then change to

5th June then change to

12th June.

oh dear, i think its really too much this time. maybe getting another contractor is e solution. jus finish this once and for all.

cheer up k :)

gaku, can see that u r at ur limits liao. i dare not arrange for delivery yet until i really can confirm the HO date. The aircon cancellation thing already got me worried tat time.

Uncle has confirmed the HO date and he has taken over from his pm. The delivery was not arranged now but a few weeks back. Last week suppose to be delivered but I have called up to change after getting confirmation from uncle.

Furniture also delivered last week and I have to beg them to bring it back to store in their warehouse after paying them the transportation. For the mover, I have to book one week in advance and now cannot change because no one answer the call. If they come tomorrow morning, I still need to pay them. That's the practise.

oh dear!! :o hope things get resolved fast....probably got to give the ultimatum...you can't be paying the movers and rental week after week....any savings that you have got from the reno all spend on all these.....

most importantly, cool down and think with a clear mind.....jia you!!!

oh dear, i think its really too much this time. maybe getting another contractor is e solution. jus finish this once and for all.

cheer up k :)

Will meet him tomorrow and if still polish and rectification not complete, I will engage another contractor. Anyway the amount I have spent on wasted delivery trips, shiftings, leaves, rental is already more than half the remaining sum.

rondy: THere is no bill. Every thing is cash term and no receipt. I believe these are third party delivery man.

preciousjam: He knows that I am renting and offer me 50-50 but I cant be paying everyweek for their delay. I will tell him to pay full because it is unfair. Initially thought chin chai with him but after so many broken promises I will not relent anymore.

That is why the amount is growing every week and I couldn't take it anymore.

gaku poor you... According to uncle, he has started to reject projects so he should be able to cope better now mah.. hmmm.. i hope you can reach a reasonable settlement with uncle. will stay tune to your updates.

Ivy: Sure, I will update after meeting him this afternoon. I have been keeping mum all this while because uncle is a nice person and I don't want to affect his business. But this time it is really over the limit for me. Can you imagine I have been rushing down after work everyday to see that polishing not done and it's always "tomorrow".

I don't know if I am unlucky or what, I have not heard in the forum anyone has HO delayed so many times.

rondy: 5% of it I have already used for the rental, movers etc. The balance 5% if deduct the workmanship then think no more already.

hopefully something will work out...will wait for your updates.

This morning mover called me at 8am and I told them cancelled. They were already downstair and negotiate with them and pay three of them some coffee money and transportation fee. Really pouring money into the drain.

Hi Gaku, I can totally understand your frustration on HO. Mine has been changed 2 times too. SIGH.

You got to be firm with Uncle or else he will give priority to other projects. That's the feel I get when my rectifications works were not done on time. So, call him EVERYDAY to bug him or else you will be bleeding money with your rental and movers. I really stand on your side.