Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gaku70

New Home In The East

Leave uncle a note and write there big big to ask the workers not to use those stuff belonging to u.

Uncle seems to be at you place daily to monitor. I called him a few times and he is always at ur side. Hoepfully with him around, things will fall in place.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

sounds like my situation.. leave taken but pointless. i hope u get it resolved soon! guess u need to chase uncle and pls tell uncle what happened so he can talk to the workers. like me, the workers scratched my sink and cooker hood. :curse:

Leave uncle a note and write there big big to ask the workers not to use those stuff belonging to u.

Uncle seems to be at you place daily to monitor. I called him a few times and he is always at ur side. Hoepfully with him around, things will fall in place.

Those already used, no choice but I just hope they "automatic" abit and don't suka suka take my things. If I write big big will be quite embarassing for them and for me as well. I cannot lock the storeroom cos inside also need rectification.

Uncle knows that I have been renting the flat on a weekly basis. Last week, I mentioned to him if there is delay in HO due to workmanship, I will ask him to foot my rental. Yesterday he asked me 50-50 can or not.

Today should have many ppl there like tiler, electrician, painter, carpenter, aircon etc if not Friday cannot HO.

I read that you also have quite alot of rectification work to be done. Your HO date still remains?

sounds like my situation.. leave taken but pointless. i hope u get it resolved soon! guess u need to chase uncle and pls tell uncle what happened so he can talk to the workers. like me, the workers scratched my sink and cooker hood. :curse:

Ya lor, my leave also left very few due to two shutdown this year. Now feel very wasted and comtemplating if I should take another two days to unpacked my stuff after HO.

i'll say save the leave, move all into house. for those that are in boxes, just unpack bit by bit on weekends or weekdays if u are free. that is what i did. dont wanna take more leave for this and no hurry to unpack as well. maybe u can do the same.

Those already used, no choice but I just hope they "automatic" abit and don't suka suka take my things. If I write big big will be quite embarassing for them and for me as well. I cannot lock the storeroom cos inside also need rectification.

Uncle knows that I have been renting the flat on a weekly basis. Last week, I mentioned to him if there is delay in HO due to workmanship, I will ask him to foot my rental. Yesterday he asked me 50-50 can or not.

Today should have many ppl there like tiler, electrician, painter, carpenter, aircon etc if not Friday cannot HO.

I read that you also have quite alot of rectification work to be done. Your HO date still remains?

i have, mainly grouting issue. one wall tile cuts finger :P and generally, quite ok. there are scratches on the carpentry,very minimal actually. I just want to ask, if your grouting has those "overspill" type, how to rectify? i have quite a few like that. some are stains, hopefully polishing will take that off.

overspill meaning its not neat right? and it spills out onto tile surface? i believe they use the edge of the pen knife to slowly scrape off. but i think we better check with uncle. my house has a lot too and i wanna neaten it. neat freak i am!

yes aubrey. My dad says it's small matter, but I find it an eye-sore :( and i thought since they need to do the grouting for those "hole-ly" parts, might as well do this together right?

Gaku, my HO is on Friday. Uncle says no problem and I am shifting in next tues.

i believe they use the edge of the pen knife to slowly scrape off.

Aubrey is right. That is how, generally, the contractors/tilers will do. And it actually works but gotta be meticulous as it can also 'scratch' the tile if not careful.

it can be. it is stained because they placed something there. all other parts sparkling white...so will get them to try and clean up.

familyof4: I am glad to hear that you do not have much rectification. Understand from uncle that your carpentry are very well done.

Actually I don not mind overspill grouting but not under. I noticed some of mine got to scrutinize the level of grouting and some has holes in it. I suspect because of that, the edges appeared to be very sharp. If I look at a inclined angle, I cannot see any grouting at all.

I also got problem on one of the homo tiles. One relative accidentally left the red nail polish mark on the tiles. I tried using floor cleaner but not able to remove. Thought of using thinner but was told that it will dull the shinny surface of the tile. Anyone can advise?

Haha.. we have the same HO again. But my shifting cannot delay unless uncle wants to pay for another week of rental.

By the way, uncle not always at my place. I just checked with him and he say he will reach my place only in an hours time.

since u have tiling works to rectify, get uncle to also try and cover that polish stain.

spilling over of the grouting looks so fat and the lines not straight making it looks kinda messy :P im a fusspot lah...hubby says ok, but the more i see i find it an eyesore.

my carpentry is not too bad i can say...that's why i was shocked to see uncle asking ur carpenter there and F him left right centre...then goes to your place again on Monday. quickly sms u cos he was really pissed of by his works.

since u have tiling works to rectify, get uncle to also try and cover that polish stain.

spilling over of the grouting looks so fat and the lines not straight making it looks kinda messy :P im a fusspot lah...hubby says ok, but the more i see i find it an eyesore.

my carpentry is not too bad i can say...that's why i was shocked to see uncle asking ur carpenter there and F him left right centre...then goes to your place again on Monday. quickly sms u cos he was really pissed of by his works.

I will tell him tonight cos don't want to keep calling him.

Maybe you too perfectionist lah. As long as functionally ok and no safety issue should be ok.

Actually I pity the carpenter because after coming to my place to have lunch at the corridor, he kena F the second time. His worker also kena F and asked to go home. Frankly I was also quite shocked to see him F so many people. On the phone also F someone but I do not know who.

After the guys left and uncle calmed down he explained that this carpenter is his friend and has got problem getting good worker and didn't know how to manage his projects.

I also want to find out where to buy the grouting. Im thinking maybe I can touch up the loose ends.

Hubby also say i nit-pick leh. but Ah Tan says i am by far very chin chye leh. little things I say its ok...but the grouting hor, the more i see themore i can't accept lah. haha...probably i spent the whole day there on monday and was walking around the house too much and nothing to do :P

actually that was the first time i see uncle so angry...then we got him lunch and he says he really no appetite to eat. also cham lah...sacked electricians, then carpenter....plumber only one group going around right? I have leaking issues, he will get them up today to rectify.

I think homefix should have grouting sold there.