Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gaku70

New Home In The East

DIYed the whole house is not easy. Unless they have been renovators. I do believe DIY is cheaper. Do you mean your bf do the tiling, carpentry, plumbing & painting? Like that think must take 2 months leave to do.

Edited by gaku70

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

They did some restructuring with the 1st floor of the house like hacking away one toilet, etc.

ok la. They, like me, like doing this kind of thing. haha

Edited by pinkpetter

wah...does that mean your future house u guys will undertake the reno by yourselves?

my Dad dis our first house himself with the help of his workers/friends. He used to be a HDB contractor too and is good with such things. our house except carpentry all done by him. but now he no longer does it, so once in a while i will pick some tips from him on what to look out for etc. that's why he grilled uncle on the materials he used and Uncle said, "wah, you dad is good hor, he knows the stuff". hehe

I can see next time there will be a new contractor called Ah Pet.

Your bf father must have quite an experience and knowledge in different reno skillsets. Tiling is already not easy, he has so much experience in other things like false ceiling and even changing of windows. Actually window needs to have certified workers right.

I think it's good. Each of you have a different reno skillset to complement one another.

Edited by gaku70

i got a couple of tiles that is uneven and has that cut leg feeling. some minor, some major. can i request for those to be changed at this stage?

haha ya they DIYed themselves. I would like to try one day too. but I wun be able to actually DO the work and have to hire people so cannot save so much money.

mm they moved many times in his life and each time they renovated, so they have experience la. :)

Edited by pinkpetter

i got a couple of tiles that is uneven and has that cut leg feeling. some minor, some major. can i request for those to be changed at this stage?

mmm is it a grouting problem or a tile problem? Sometimes when the grout between the tiles have receded it causes the cutting feeling... it's not hard to change really in either case la.

Pet: Moved 10+, must really :bow: . I moved once already given up and not going to go through reno again. Still recovering from splitting headache and high blood. Maybe age is catching up.

Think can hire malaysian tiler. I see most of them from there.

aubrey, please request to have it change if got cut leg feeling. I have fell down once before and the tiles cut through my arm. Now scar remains.

Ok, trying to find my scar and cannot find, thought healed already. Still have it but now not so obvious.

Edited by gaku70

tile and grout got problem. some grout have holes which tiles are uneven. they kept telling me its cos my floor not even. well if its not even and u hacked it, im sure u have a way to make it even! i think i have to bring it up to uncle before the polish. no point polishing when there's still uneven tiles. when i magic clean, the broom will hit the tile. >.<

tile and grout got problem. some grout have holes which tiles are uneven. they kept telling me its cos my floor not even. well if its not even and u hacked it, im sure u have a way to make it even! i think i have to bring it up to uncle before the polish. no point polishing when there's still uneven tiles. when i magic clean, the broom will hit the tile. >.<

aubrey, qc wise uncle more stringent. Grout holes can be easily patchup no problem. Ask uncle to take a look since now he is not up to the neck. Don't upset ok, sure got way to work around.

no la not upset with tiles and grout. just wondering how is he gonna do things when all my things are in the house. my only unhapiness is prolly the carpentry. but gotta move on.. move on... :(

no la not upset with tiles and grout. just wondering how is he gonna do things when all my things are in the house. my only unhapiness is prolly the carpentry. but gotta move on.. move on... :(

Haha..my mistake, thought you upset on tiles as well.

It will be a little bit inconvenient if you have already moved in. B4 they come to rectify, might have to cover up your stuff cos white powder will be over the place.

Don't worry too much. Remember must be happy when you move it. If always unhappy will create more negative energy right. So cheer up.

Aubrey... are there a lot of tiles like that? Wah broom hitting the thing sounds quite serious. Please ask Uncle to take a look.

I had my grouting re-done after I moved in also... it was dirty but not the un-manageable kind.

Just came back after collecting the keys.

Checked the tiles for more than 2 hours and has used up the masking tape before I could finished checking.

Not too happy abt the handover condition. Has complained to uncle about the poor workmanship. Too tired to elaborate today. So just enjoy the photo from my mobile. My apology cos lousy camera phone.

05062009(047).jpg

05062009(057).jpg

05062009(034).jpg

05062009(032).jpg

05062009(021)v.jpg