Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gaku70

New Home In The East

SL told me that have a solution to clean. Cost <10 I think.

The tiling work drag till yesterday and waited till about 7+ but the polisher didn't appeared. So called uncle and he said will do it tomorrow. About 50% of the rectification was not done. Most critical one l try to contact the third party directly, eg the broken mcb but electrician told me he is not free. Hope can be done the today if not I think will get another electrician to do it.

Think I found scratch in the toilet bowl. Can't move too close to see cos the toilet seat full of urine but inside the bowl can see some line. Hope it's just Sxxt. Has ask uncle to check but have not got back to me.

Hmm, really worry that cannot HO today again.

Edited by gaku70

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
uncle said your polishing will be today. I hope your HO will not be delayed again

Yes polishing will be today. Actually he told me polishing is done yesterday and so I rushed down from work to find that only tiling work complete and some paint touchup. Didn't really went in to check because the worker was mopping the floor.

Can check with you if the living room grout got grey colour? I think maybe because they insert chemical and some grout turns from white to grey. Looks quite ugly and I have quite a few.

Mine don't have grey color. I believe it could be caused by chemicals, cos my bathroom part of the grouting turned white due to chemical washing.

Uncle told me all this will be cleaned up nicely...so i hold his words. I forsee some delays, but the HO still today, carpentry rectifications can only be done tmr as spoken to ah wei. my granite top will only be up on monday...and one of my bedroom door will also be ready only on monday.

So i expect some drillings and knocking up till monday. Hopefully no more works from tues as the kids will be in the house too.

Mine don't have grey color. I believe it could be caused by chemicals, cos my bathroom part of the grouting turned white due to chemical washing.

Uncle told me all this will be cleaned up nicely...so i hold his words. I forsee some delays, but the HO still today, carpentry rectifications can only be done tmr as spoken to ah wei. my granite top will only be up on monday...and one of my bedroom door will also be ready only on monday.

So i expect some drillings and knocking up till monday. Hopefully no more works from tues as the kids will be in the house too.

Good that you do not have the grey colour tiles with the white tiles. I have quite a lot and will ask uncle to take a look.

My carpentry also not done properly but he called me personally to ask me to accept the work and explain his personal problem. After listening also softhearted.

Anyway I hope your HO will be successful and not much rectification cos it will be very troublesome when the kids are running around.

It will be good to clean the house yourself after HO. You will discover many things, trust me. My rectification list comes from discovery from cleaning. The minus side is that you whole body will be aching for the next two days.

u mean the carpenter called u personally? hmm...

the grouting wise, hopefully things can be resolved. we did partial cleaning before...but now all messy and dusty again...but after polishing, the floor feels less powdery already. Uncle's always at pasir ris these days, at least whenever i call him, he is up there lah. cos our flat gonna HO, i think he will pop by to make sure things are ok.

see uncle very teng u fannie.

i dont know why but i get the impression that this group of polishers must be hard to get. i have been waiting for my turn. this is the 3rd week of waiting.

see uncle very teng u fannie.

i dont know why but i get the impression that this group of polishers must be hard to get. i have been waiting for my turn. this is the 3rd week of waiting.

aubrey, don't say that...i paiseh leh. this group of mine are 3 blangah...not too bad also...if elder goh uses them to polish ur house, it'll be good :) Sean said yours will settle by this saturday...be patient ok?

u mean the carpenter called u personally? hmm...

the grouting wise, hopefully things can be resolved. we did partial cleaning before...but now all messy and dusty again...but after polishing, the floor feels less powdery already. Uncle's always at pasir ris these days, at least whenever i call him, he is up there lah. cos our flat gonna HO, i think he will pop by to make sure things are ok.

Yes the carpenter has some personal problem and he is the one kena F very jialat at your place. Think he very scare of uncle now. He wanted to negotiate to temporary accept cos he has to settle his personal problem first.

Uncle at pasir ris but not at my place. Think he is at your place, lah. Last night he told me he is coming but in the end also MIA. Lucky I decided not to wait for him, if not will get aeroplane again.

Just now called him and he told me he will go later. Got a feeling he cannot finish the rectification and I think better standby for delay.

hmm...i thought he pop by after visiting yours. cos most of the time when i called him, he is at your place :P

rectifying the faults later meaning will have problems like dust and all...more inconvenience isn't it?

Hope everything fast fast finish for u....i am ure he is gg to yours cos he told me he will goup and see yours before coming to check mine. told him my lock is installed today and we will be locking up the door already. this is HO by force sia...haha...

Heya Gaku,

Been reading through your blog and the incidents that happened over the past few weeks.

Hope everything's worked out well for you so far this week. :)

Regarding the hollow tiles, there's one thing you could probably do to have a more accurate check through. Most hardware/building materials store sell this tool, which is essentially a long metal rod with a metal ball at the end of it, coupled with a wooden handle. What you do is you use this tool and roll the ball along the floor, like how you would in mopping and listen to the sound. If the tiles are hollow, the sound emitted is very obvious.

When I was doing the reno of my current place 5 years ago and had a bad contractor, an ex-colleague of mine was nice enough to loan me one of these and taught me how to use it. Its very useful and helps you pin-point the hollow tiles very easily and quickly.

On the topic of getting boxes for packing, I usually go down to the NTUC near my place and ask the Uncle and Aunty sorting out the carton boxes to spare me a few. Usually, if you ask nicely, they are more than happy to give it to you. I suppose if your place is near Ikea/Giant, you could try there.

Hope these help, and hope the handover happens soon and works out fine. :)

aubrey, don't say that...i paiseh leh. this group of mine are 3 blangah...not too bad also...if elder goh uses them to polish ur house, it'll be good :) Sean said yours will settle by this saturday...be patient ok?

haha i am patient. i have not called uncle this week except ytd to ask about my t5 lights and carpentry concerns. getting distracted by GSS. need a break from this!! and it shld not be sat! it shld be sun cos sat im not around!! must check!

adrian_john: Thanks for the info. But I think I have given up on the hollow. I notice the tiler also repair those that are very serious. The last time I checked at least 30% are hollow tiles, most are at the edges. If need to repair then I cannot shift again.

My HO has be delayed many times and I cannot take any more delay. The weekly rental is killing me. If I know that the HO will keep delaying, I would have taken a monthly rental which is cheaper.

For the carton boxes, managed to get new ones from a friend's company. Thanks for the info on Giant/ntuc.

Just now uncle confirmed that my toilet bowl was damaged, quite sian and he said he will try to patch up. The damaged was at inside the bowl when the water is. I got some experience with toilet bowl/sink and know that it is not possible to patch but I didn't want to be rude to him. Will discuss with him later.

Today really blew my top since no polishing has been done and no HO and I have already fixed with the mover tomorrow morning. Thought this evening I can start washing the floor since uncle told me yesterday polishing done today morning.

Went in the evening after work and nobody was there. Was really pissed and gave him a piece of my mind. Last week already paid the movers and spend my leaves doing nothing. Tomorrow also take leave for nothing and somemore need to pay the movers again for nothing. Really sian tomorrow need to cancel my tv delivery, fridge and w/m delivery from two different companies.

Really very fed-up and rectification also not completed... Im at the limit and if tomorrow still not complete I will engage another contractor to tie up the loose end with the remaining reno sum

what was the reason for not polishing and unable to HO? did uncle explain? cos it has really been quite a while already.

Mine some works also delayed. my gate will only be ready earliest by wednesday...I am shifting in on tuesday w/o gate