Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gaku70

New Home In The East

i am using homo, but that can do acid wash. I checked with the people from LSH, my hall tiles cannot do acid wash, but others ok. pebble wash also cannot acid wash...

But it is good that you HO is not affected...

I didn't check with the tile company and too tired to discuss yesterday.

Frankly I expected the HO to be delay looking at the current progress. But will make noise if it drag too long as my rental will expire next saturday.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

tampineschris: Thanks for the info. I am aware that Ikea got boxes. Actually trying to save $$ as already over budget by alot. Now can only buy one thing at a time and looking forward to pay day. This weekend shifting should be no problem cos just moving things a few storey down. But next week shift will be more troublesome. So will go around looking for boxes.

Ivy: Like that I will check with Jason. Actually Jason told me will acid wash whole house. But yesterday when uncle came he said cannot acid wash, just polish. So abit confused.

Anyway, how to tell if the tiles can be acid wash or not? Any expert can advise?

maybe u should ask the place where u bought ur tiles from whether ur tiles can go through acid wash. If can then u inform uncle urs can acid wash. if cannot then u must emphasize that yours cannot go thru acid washing.

safer to check first.

maybe u should ask the place where u bought ur tiles from whether ur tiles can go through acid wash. If can then u inform uncle urs can acid wash. if cannot then u must emphasize that yours cannot go thru acid washing.

safer to check first.

Just check with the shop and actually they said they cannot go through acid wash. But the pros should know what to do. Eg use no 4 acid and dilute with water.

The girl very nice and explain to me don't buy the brown bottle floor wash from NTUC because it is very strong and will damage the tile. Don't really know which bottle she refer to though. If stubborn stain, can go to her to buy the floor wash.

ya gaku, my acid wash also to be done after carpentry tho some prefer to do acid wash first then carpentry up followed by a general cleaning.

as for the wood issue, as confirmed by also my uncle who is a carpenter, i believe him and he did mention blockboard is also solid plywood. so to put to all fears to rest, maybe for those who are due for carpentry works, just let uncle use jiu cheng gao for sink area, should be fine.

ya gaku, my acid wash also to be done after carpentry tho some prefer to do acid wash first then carpentry up followed by a general cleaning.

as for the wood issue, as confirmed by also my uncle who is a carpenter, i believe him and he did mention blockboard is also solid plywood. so to put to all fears to rest, maybe for those who are due for carpentry works, just let uncle use jiu cheng gao for sink area, should be fine.

Glad to hear that the blockboard is fine for use. I was also convinced by uncle yesterday and told him no need to change.

The shop ppl where I got my rainshower reminded me to cover up the rainshower before acid wash. However Jason advise not to because water might be trapped. Anyone can advise?

Update

MBR wardrobe was not correct. The foreman told me Ah Hong didn't tell him to change. So got to dismantled and assemble again. The unneccesary holes are quite ugly.

Electrician also didn't come to patch up downlight holes which are at the wrong place. Call them twice but still no action. Quite dissapointed with this electrician after telling him for the past 3 days.

Meet uncle on saturday to complain since Friday he is not free.

I looked very hard at the wasing machine base and it looks very small. Found that the size is not correct and the washing machine will have one leg sticking out. Thinking cannot accept since when wm spinning it will not be stable. Asked uncle to extend for another 5cm.

After the WC installed, found that I will not be able to walk in if the basin is also installed. Drainage also has to be change and involved hacking one or two tiles. No choice, not slim enough to squeeze in between WC and sink.

Handover in two days time. Seems highly unlikely.

we also got appt w Uncle on Sat ard 10am and we waited to almost noon then he told us he was at ur place. we actually wanted to go over to catch him and kpo ard but thought not v nice lah hehe! now then i realise i walk past ur block whenever i visit ikea n giant. din know its jus there!

Hang on Gaku! its gonna be over very soon! everything will be swee swee then! :yamseng:;)

we also got appt w Uncle on Sat ard 10am and we waited to almost noon then he told us he was at ur place. we actually wanted to go over to catch him and kpo ard but thought not v nice lah hehe! now then i realise i walk past ur block whenever i visit ikea n giant. din know its jus there!

Hang on Gaku! its gonna be over very soon! everything will be swee swee then! :yamseng:;)

Yes I am close to ikea and giant, but when the new bridge is complete you can take the shortcut right. You are welcome to visit anytime, dont worry.

Uncle told me he will be in the east on Sat, so appointment is also around 10am. Waited quite a while for him but lucky got some visitors appeared at my place and ask me many questions.

Actually he was at woodlands. Reached my place quite late. Talked to me around 15mins and off he goes.

There are many things that are not done correctly especially on carpentry and lighting. I wasn't too happy on the incorrect installation due to miscom with them and their worker. Although it could be rectify but it leaves ugly marks which are very visible.

Seriously think they will not be possible to HO on wednesday. Every week delay I will have to pay hefty rental. Sign....

yes yes i cant wait for tat bridge to be completed! late Oct man! still got so many mths!

hmmm....maybe can tok to Uncle abt the rent. i think he subsidize some for aubrey (not v sure!) can check with her maybe?

can e ugly marks be rectified too? plaster or paint over maybe?

cheer up! :jammin:

Edited by ashes02

maybe u should highlight the problems on the rental due to miscomm and rectifictions. If i can, I will also want to pop by this sat after I am done at my place.

maybe u should highlight the problems on the rental due to miscomm and rectifictions. If i can, I will also want to pop by this sat after I am done at my place.

I have highlighted to him that any delay it will not be 50-50. Anyway he told me he will confirmed when he goes up today to see if HO can be tomorrow.

Regarding the miscom, don't think I want to tell him. I have seen him ticked off the carpenter in front of me and another occasion on the phone. Not very pleasant and lots of ^*%&$

If confirm HO, then Sat will be moving day. Sure you can pop by anytime, just don't mind the mess. :D

A little update

Told half day leave for HO yesterday but did not get the keys yet.

Waiting from 1 till 4.30pm before the plumping and carpentry guys appeared.

Was quite shocking to hear that Jason is not working for Uncle anymore. That's why he is not picking up calls. Now Joseph take over and new HO will be this Friday.

Went back to check again at 8pm and the worker just left. Plumber job was not fully completed. Some rectification work not done. Carpentry also haven't fully finished.

Also not able to check the house properly last night because the MCB keeps tripping and toilet light bulbs not installed. I was wondering why all the rooms lights is connected to only one switch in the MCB. There are so many switches inside and only one is used for living, dinning, all bedrooms lights and another switch for kitchen. **** sian, the electrician also anyhow do. My bulbs also missing. Heard electrician also quitting soon.

Has anyone apply to SP services to check the electrical wirings?

Gaku, ur elect guy is Ah Tan?

So far many who had worked with Joseph says he is quite on the ball kind. Hopefully no more delays this time around. He will also take over my reno too.

Tell the tripping problem to Joseph or Uncle...Hope they can quickly settle for u.

Hmm...I was just thinking how come no updates for your unit and your update came today!