Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zerochristy

Our Nest

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Growler & Gyu77> Thanks for recommanding Genova... I saw they publish on the newspaper during the weekends. I am still not too sure on what to look out for bathroom item (eg. what type of sink/WC)... :bangwall: I guess I have to wait untill we confirm the ID/contrator than we can start looking around :P

All> Update from me again... nothing much thou as we are still looking at the quotation and hopefully we will decide who we will get to reno our house. Bz bz & bz still cause this weekend is our Guo Da Li too.. than will also head-down our bridal shop to view our edited bridal pix :)

Pic of the house... notice that I dun have enough pix to show.. have to head down the house again to SNAP SNAP.

Edited by zerochristy

Add a few pix today :P

Our bedroom3 which was now a study converted by the ex-owner with a slanting door :( hate the slanting door but

not choice. Will repaint the room and keep the cabinet under the window. Will tear down the tall book shalve... looks good hor but I felt that tearing it away and to buy shorter shelves are better so we still can move the new shelves to new location for the kids next time... or intending to convert this room to another kids room will be easy next time :)

Pix is taken at the door of the room.

b4reno041.th.jpg

Now moving to bedroom2, will not be touching this room just a normal touch up... keeping the room for our kids next time... I dun think my mom want to say in this room cause too bright... :P

b4reno042.th.jpg

b4reno043.th.jpg

Haha... your bedroom 2 really very colourful :D

Ya man.... think the ex-owner made it for their boy :P but the door is ex according to lots of ID. So thinking about it I will keep it

and kids ma dun really know what is good quailty or bad. The handle and the cabinet door all rounded corner so quite safe for kids too. Just make a clean la :) save a bit.

kids will definitely like the colourful bedroom.

My mom maybe cannot get used to this room if I put her there. She will have to wear sunglasses if she stay in the room :P hahahaha.

Find sometime to upload some photo today. Here is the service balcony sink... will be removing the sink and the bottom cabinet to make way for my washing maching.

servicesink.th.jpg

Here is the hallway to the MBR and bedroom 2 if you look back my floor plan. Will be tearing down the half height cabinet cause it really looks like praying alter to me :P Will make this wall plain and hang painting or wood craft

hallwayhalfcabinet.th.jpg

The MBR... the feature is :bleah: will be tearing it down and just do a plain wall same goes to the side mirror... no mirror in the room... will install on in the cabinet or got to the bathroom :D

mbrfeaturewallu.th.jpg

The MBR wardrobe :bleah: will be making a new cause the inner part of the wardrobe the laminate is being peel off liao... and this door is bi-folding *dah*

mbrcabinet.th.jpg

Edited by zerochristy

Finally, we have decided our ID/Contractor after 3 weeks of going thru of quotes, forum research, visiting of ID's office. We decided to go with EL Design Solution. They used to be at IMM but due to the high cost of rental they shifted to Sungei Kadut.

I have seen their works at one of my girlfriend's EM house and EL Design did a good job. My GF's house was in a bad state can you imagine the 1970s & 1980s house and everything in the house is kept as what its look like with the first owner of the EM. PS: My gf is the 2nd owner and they spent quite a bomb on the reno (as its a full overhaul) but workmanship is good to us :)

Not to mention we meet up the Uncle who is our ID or contractor cause he is both... He is a very detail person and he make sure he takes down all measurements. First time meet up Uncle was late for 20mins ;) we gave him a minus point than he say 2nd Sunday he than will give us quote.. we waited and true enough he produce the 1st quote with very nice layout plan on 2nd Sunday as promise to us.

We meet up again (This time Uncle late for 10mins... got improvement :) ) to discuss what we want and the cost of certain item, this time Uncle say 3 days he can give us 1st revised quote. Uncle very prompt and in 3 days later he give us the revised quote + elect plan but price higher cause this time is with elect. points and things we request and some discount from Uncle.

Last friday, we meet up Uncle again (This time Uncle late 15mins cause he thought our appt is 30mins later ;) ) to finalize his quote, floor plan and elect point also not to mention his price. Uncle say Sunday he will come out something... so we waited and got his quote and finally he give us some discount and we call for additional discount. We did not manage to get the price we are looking for but we settle for a reasonable price I would say :P

Edited by zerochristy

YAY you finalised someone! good for you! And I'm glad it's someone new so that we all have more options! :) Sounds good! :) Looking forward to your reno!

YAY you finalised someone! good for you! And I'm glad it's someone new so that we all have more options! :) Sounds good! :) Looking forward to your reno!

Ya finally... it was a long decision that we decided to go with our ID/Contractor. I think our reno will finish in 3weeks or so... my hubby say maybe 2 weeks plus can finish liao.. I am now feeling that time is not enough cause have not look for lights, fan, toilet item :unsure: now feel a bit stressful.

So tonight going to pass the down payment to Uncle and ask some question on the items we are buying in terms of size.. so we can go see and buy this few day.... now super duper stress le

Hi I would like to know if any forumers out there use Feng Yip Designer Switch supply by ID/Contractors.

I need to know any complaints out there :unsure: Thanks

Hi I would like to know if any forumers out there use Feng Yip Designer Switch supply by ID/Contractors.

I need to know any complaints out there :unsure: Thanks

Hi Zerochristy, my wifey told me tht u 2 chatted on SG Bride about the designer switches...... we already fixed ours and we gotten it from Choo Kiang ...... we bought the Legrand Switches and its not tht ex as we tot initally ..... we feel tht it worth every cents ....... ;)

Edited by mitlancer71

Hi Zerochristy, my wifey told me tht u 2 chatted on SG Bride about the designer switches...... we already fixed ours and we gotten it from Choo Kiang ...... we bought the Legrand Switches and its not tht ex as we tot initally ..... we feel tht it worth every cents ....... ;)

Hi Mitlancer71, we are thinking of getting Legrand switches too and hearing that its not that exp, we are quite relieved...can u tell us where is this Choo Kiang shop?

thanks a lot ! :)