Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zerochristy

Our Nest

My old dinning place has rectangular light like yours and need to cut the false ceiling but problem when I want to move the light very troublesome and the patchup also not nicely done. The reason of moving the light is due to the size of my dinning table.

Think uncle this few days very bad mood because many things not going his way. For my place, he told me since the PM cannot make decision, he handled it himself. For the FOC sometimes got to be thickskin abit. I requested alot of things as well.

Actually after having some thought I felt that leaving the metal light holder outside the fales ceiling is also good cause if later I want to change the whole thing I dun need to do so much patch work and also to repaint the whole fales ceiling again.

FOC ah... wah you dun know this uncle he quite stingy... and he recommand one shop to us even the shop keeper comment on that he is stingy. We also found out that he always scold the plumber cause work not done nicely. I think he have bad plumber which I also highlighted to him... I say to uncle last night in the phone for 30mins "Uncle... actually your work is all very good except for the plumbing work... really cannot make it and cannot accept." I can feel that Uncle also know about this... I told hubby that I am not going to bug him more cause he is 1 big grown man if say liao will not change also no choice the last I will not pay the unhappy section of work.

I used to work in a Germany company and they usually say ""No cure no pay" :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
my lights are hanging nicely leh...metal strip is hidden.

Nice to have it partially hidden in the fales ceiling.. but aft some thought if want to change next time problem le.. got one hole and need to do patch work... and maybe repaint the fales ceiling. So having it mount everything on the fales may not be a bad idea after all. Now is the the plumbing works... *Sigh* God bless and hope uncle wake up his idea.. he told me in the end of the phone call that he will look into it and he understand I want my MBR Bathroom to look nice I told him I dun care on the common bathroom.. if he give me copper or what and he can paint over it but as for MBR bathroom I want stainless steel and I dun intend to paint it too... (At one point he also told me bobian one.. which i dun buy the "bobian" at all)

gdness :jawdrop: How come like that?

u bought the s/s L-pipe for them to install right? Cos i rembr Uncle say that one i have to buy myself. Could it be because the drainage is to the wall instead of to the floor, so the plumber could turn the L-pipe into S-pipe and made do with this?

Yes we buy the SS L-pipe and bottle trap... the drainage pipe is at the wall that wall is a hollow block whick is make by uncle... I was thinking maybe during construction of the hollow block they make with with the PVC pipe.... that why got the pvc pipe coming out of the wall... how come at first they did not replace with stainless steel pipe coming out of the wall/hollow block.

Did you see the part from pvc to stainless steel got 1 small L pipe... thats our L-pipe they cut it...

We told uncle... we dun care what pipe he use in the hollow block but when it come to expose part must be SS lor. ;)

Nice to have it partially hidden in the fales ceiling.. but aft some thought if want to change next time problem le.. got one hole and need to do patch work... and maybe repaint the fales ceiling. So having it mount everything on the fales may not be a bad idea after all. Now is the the plumbing works... *Sigh* God bless and hope uncle wake up his idea.. he told me in the end of the phone call that he will look into it and he understand I want my MBR Bathroom to look nice I told him I dun care on the common bathroom.. if he give me copper or what and he can paint over it but as for MBR bathroom I want stainless steel and I dun intend to paint it too... (At one point he also told me bobian one.. which i dun buy the "bobian" at all)

Zero, please think carefully before you change.

If the water piping for whole house is cu and you just installed a section of stainless steel (eg in your MBR bathroom), it is not very good. A littel bit on the technical side, when cu (+) and stainless steel (-) are attached together, cu being less noble will corrode with the aid of an electrolyte; in this case water. This is just like how our battery works. One workaround is to install a intermediate insulation between copper and the stainless steel.

So unless you intend to change the whole pipe to stainless steel, do consider carefully if you intend to have two disimilar metal materials.

Yes we buy the SS L-pipe and bottle trap... the drainage pipe is at the wall that wall is a hollow block whick is make by uncle... I was thinking maybe during construction of the hollow block they make with with the PVC pipe.... that why got the pvc pipe coming out of the wall... how come at first they did not replace with stainless steel pipe coming out of the wall/hollow block.

Did you see the part from pvc to stainless steel got 1 small L pipe... thats our L-pipe they cut it...

We told uncle... we dun care what pipe he use in the hollow block but when it come to expose part must be SS lor. ;)

hollow block.. not wonder your drainage hole looks kinda weird. I believe highly likely the case that u suspect - they place a PVC outlet from the wall to allow the L-pipe to connect to. The original drainage to form a proper L-shape drainage pipe must have been hidden in the hollow block, like tt you gotta hack the block to rectify the whole thing?

Zero, please think carefully before you change.

If the water piping for whole house is cu and you just installed a section of stainless steel (eg in your MBR bathroom), it is not very good. A littel bit on the technical side, when cu (+) and stainless steel (-) are attached together, cu being less noble will corrode with the aid of an electrolyte; in this case water. This is just like how our battery works. One workaround is to install a intermediate insulation between copper and the stainless steel.

So unless you intend to change the whole pipe to stainless steel, do consider carefully if you intend to have two disimilar metal materials.

I was told that too... I was even told that if plumber know how to do also can be done but must be extra careful on their work... Uncle last night also told me that unless change all which he is refering to the common bathroom pipe to stainless steel too.

Actually hor uncle quoted me stainless steel which reads the following... I dun know if he quote my the stainless steel pipe for the common bathroom or not... cause it looks like so many cold water point to me does one toilet have 04 nos of cold water point:

"Re-run new stainless steel pipings 04 nos cold water point and 01 hot water for shower point at master toilet"

hey zero!! just realise that you also stay in bukit panjang....which area? i'm staying at 2XX, was looking at a few 5 room flats previously.....

hollow block.. not wonder your drainage hole looks kinda weird. I believe highly likely the case that u suspect - they place a PVC outlet from the wall to allow the L-pipe to connect to. The original drainage to form a proper L-shape drainage pipe must have been hidden in the hollow block, like tt you gotta hack the block to rectify the whole thing?

Ya lor... actually they should have replace or change the PVC pipe to SS than do the hollow block. I think so they have to hack open the block and replace it with the stainless steel pipe than it will expose with the SS pipe and collect to our SS L-pipe & bottle trap. Uncle say that the pvc pipe is standard high so that why he got to do small L pvc pipe ;) I dun believe him le... I think he is trying his luck to let me accept the work cause the house going to HO next week. If hack he got to pay the worker to come back again... think he is cutting cost liao and want to take his money can go. Lucky we gave him only 10% downpayment of our package price... Haha I will hold on to his money first.

hey zero!! just realise that you also stay in bukit panjang....which area? i'm staying at 2XX, was looking at a few 5 room flats previously.....

Aiyo... I know you stay at Bt Panjang.. you told me and I told you too :P you maybe forget liao lor Haha. I am staying at 15X near Fajar Sec.

Ya lor... actually they should have replace or change the PVC pipe to SS than do the hollow block. I think so they have to hack open the block and replace it with the stainless steel pipe than it will expose with the SS pipe and collect to our SS L-pipe & bottle trap. Uncle say that the pvc pipe is standard high so that why he got to do small L pvc pipe ;) I dun believe him le... I think he is trying his luck to let me accept the work cause the house going to HO next week. If hack he got to pay the worker to come back again... think he is cutting cost liao and want to take his money can go. Lucky we gave him only 10% downpayment of our package price... Haha I will hold on to his money first.

i think its really a typical contractor's standard to use PVC piping. I only bought 1 set of s/s pipings for MBR, common toilet they did a default PVC for me. Don't think Uncle is out to cheat you ba, if you really insist i'm sure even if its -ve profit for him he will also rectify for you. It's his reputation at stake.. since he knows we are all connected online! :rolleyes:

Perhaps if the hollow block wasnt there in the 1st place, then not so much problem. But anyway, just keep bugging him to chge it, i'm sure he'll manage to find a way out to solve things for u. :)

Aiyo... I know you stay at Bt Panjang.. you told me and I told you too :P you maybe forget liao lor Haha. I am staying at 15X near Fajar Sec.

oppsie, blur liao....your place looks big so i was trying to figure out which part of bukit panjang is it at....went to see a few EA there the other time....

looking at it, your reno seems pretty much complete liao....

yours done by ah soon?

i think its really a typical contractor's standard to use PVC piping. I only bought 1 set of s/s pipings for MBR, common toilet they did a default PVC for me. Don't think Uncle is out to cheat you ba, if you really insist i'm sure even if its -ve profit for him he will also rectify for you. It's his reputation at stake.. since he knows we are all connected online! :rolleyes:

Perhaps if the hollow block wasnt there in the 1st place, then not so much problem. But anyway, just keep bugging him to chge it, i'm sure he'll manage to find a way out to solve things for u. :)

Hahah :P Ya I hope he solve all my toilet problem... cause I still got a few to list. I told him do nicely for me so I can recommand pple to him else how to show pple your work is good. I told him got 3 pple ask me for his contact liao... so I hope he can "wake up" :P Ya I told my hubby is a matter if want to do or not.

oppsie, blur liao....your place looks big so i was trying to figure out which part of bukit panjang is it at....went to see a few EA there the other time....

looking at it, your reno seems pretty much complete liao....

yours done by ah soon?

:D Ya the living room is very big it eats up my kitchen and its small... somemore I did not reno the kitchen and common toilet. Ya reno also finishing Uncle say can HO next week... but with a bit pro with the toilet hope still can finish next week :P

I think most pple think its done by Ah soon but its done by another Uncle his name is Ivan. I like calling him Uncle and hubby call him Ivan. He is from EL Design.

Hahah :P Ya I hope he solve all my toilet problem... cause I still got a few to list. I told him do nicely for me so I can recommand pple to him else how to show pple your work is good. I told him got 3 pple ask me for his contact liao... so I hope he can "wake up" :P Ya I told my hubby is a matter if want to do or not.

ya ya! nowadays with internet, their biz can be greatly boost if they do a gd job! hope he manages to settle the rectifications for u nicely. Who knows ur "uncle" may also be the next hot man in renotalk. :rolleyes:

ya ya! nowadays with internet, their biz can be greatly boost if they do a gd job! hope he manages to settle the rectifications for u nicely. Who knows ur "uncle" may also be the next hot man in renotalk. :rolleyes:

Hope so ba... tonight I will drop by home again to see whats being install today than at night call uncle again if anything not correct...