Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zerochristy

Our Nest

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Zerochristy, my wifey told me tht u 2 chatted on SG Bride about the designer switches...... we already fixed ours and we gotten it from Choo Kiang ...... we bought the Legrand Switches and its not tht ex as we tot initally ..... we feel tht it worth every cents ....... ;)

Hi. Yap I was thinking to use MK or Legrand cause personally I like Legrand switch. But some pple did comment that switch only mah no need to get good brand one and just use what the ID provide :(

Was wishing that at least my ID/contractor use MK at least but he uses the Feng Yip Brand read very little comment on this so was wondering :unsure:

So that means you buy the Legrand switch yourself and pass it to your ID to change all the house switch to designer switch right?? How much your ID charge you if you supply the switch and he do the change for the whole house switch?

I was quoted install & supply of Feng Yip Designer Switch for the whole house at S$350

Hi Mitlancer71, we are thinking of getting Legrand switches too and hearing that its not that exp, we are quite relieved...can u tell us where is this Choo Kiang shop?

thanks a lot ! :)

Hahah its Choo Chiang... a typo error fm Mitlancer71

Hi Mitlancer71, we are thinking of getting Legrand switches too and hearing that its not that exp, we are quite relieved...can u tell us where is this Choo Kiang shop?

thanks a lot ! :)

Hi Bon07,

Choo Chiang have alot of branches islandwide .... u can log on to their website to find the most convenient to you.

Their prices are all the same.

Edited by mitlancer71

Check out http://www.ccm.sg/LocateUs.htm

It is Choo Chiang not Choo Kiang :)

Yap thats the one lots of pple are talking about. But was really wondering dun think its easy to just buy the switch just like that... need to know how many pic I need for the whole house + how many gang/way + even the housing of the switch we also need to buy!!!

Like that will be very expensive right?? Cannot we just buy the switch and dun buy the housing of the switch right?? ;)

Edited by zerochristy

Hi. Yap I was thinking to use MK or Legrand cause personally I like Legrand switch. But some pple did comment that switch only mah no need to get good brand one and just use what the ID provide :(

Was wishing that at least my ID/contractor use MK at least but he uses the Feng Yip Brand read very little comment on this so was wondering :unsure:

So that means you buy the Legrand switch yourself and pass it to your ID to change all the house switch to designer switch right?? How much your ID charge you if you supply the switch and he do the change for the whole house switch?

I was quoted install & supply of Feng Yip Designer Switch for the whole house at S$350

Hi Zerochristy,

Yes, we buy the switches ourselves for the electrician to change......does that include all 13A sockets for your electrical items? ..... if switched only , then its very ex.....

i bought about 10 switches (mixture of 1-4 gangs) and most are 2 ways which cost slightly more for total about $60 only.

As for the installation will not cost much cos the workers were there for my other electrical works. And it took them a couple of mins to change a switch.

Ok today my topic on my T-Blog is the designer switch & I want to add one more is lighting & ceiling fan cause tonight I will go to Jurong East area. Got to really speed up cause mine is a minor reno so sure will very fast finish reno one. :help:

Yap thats the one lots of pple are talking about. But was really wondering dun think its easy to just buy the switch just like that... need to know how many pic I need for the whole house + how many gang/way + even the housing of the switch we also need to buy!!!

Like that will be very expensive right?? Cannot we just buy the switch and dun buy the housing of the switch right?? ;)

We bought only the switches and mount them onto the existing housing which is 3 years old.

Then will use the 3M Sharpshooter cleaning agent to clean up the housing... Will be in superble condition.

Hi Zerochristy,

Yes, we buy the switches ourselves for the electrician to change......does that include all 13A sockets for your electrical items? ..... if switched only , then its very ex.....

i bought about 10 switches (mixture of 1-4 gangs) and most are 2 ways which cost slightly more for total about $60 only.

As for the installation will not cost much cos the workers were there for my other electrical works. And it took them a couple of mins to change a switch.

Oh no... now you mention that... TOTALLY DID NOT NOTICE DIE!!! I sms my hubby see if can call the ID/Contractor and ask.

We bought only the switches and mount them onto the existing housing which is 3 years old.

Then will use the 3M Sharpshooter cleaning agent to clean up the housing... Will be in superble condition.

:o Cannot for me cause the housing is painted ;)

Hi Zerochristy,

Oh my hubby told me Uncle got change the 13A sockets too... heng ah :P so my S$350 not that ex la. I was ever quoted S$800 for the change of the whole house switch to designer switch. Ex sian.. we drop the ID of coz.

Well, I did tell Uncle what I want Legrand if he supply me MK. But since he give me Feng Yip I ask for MK. He see if ex or not... wonder if he will make the effort to find for me or not.. I did told him the place to buy too... Hahah

Edited by zerochristy

Went to Chelsea Lighting last night to buy 3nos fan, 12nos PLC 18W - 2 tube lights, 1no Halogen light & 2nos hanging lights (dun know how to call this :P) total damage done is S$1250 incl GST & all discount made. A bit pricy I think but think of it going round the island to look for cheaper price is also about the same (time, petrol, ERP charges)

Tonight going to see tiles at Hup Kiong, Hafary & LSH ect with ID/contractor hopefully we get what we want.

Edited by zerochristy