Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zerochristy

Our Nest

Congrats zerochristy on ur new place! One more week to go. I was in the same situation as you last week. Just got my keys yesterday. Haha...

Since you are taking bank loan, you need to pay 5% of the valuation in cash in addition to your COV right? So by right you should go to bank to purchase a cashier's order (payable to HDB) for the remaining amount (5% valuation + 5k). Your lawyer should have given you the instructions and the amount. If not, call up the lawyer and scold him/her for not doing his/her work :P Just kidding.. call your lawyer and confirm the amount again.

Thanks :) Wah got your keys liao ah excited hor the waiting period esp its less than a week... next friday here we come.

I check around with my other frnd she say HDB will pay to owner the balance 5K cause some pple different case so procedure is a bit different. I chek with my hubby this morning he say HDB will pay wor... so I guess paybe HDB will pay the balance 5K COV to seller since our cashier's order is inclusive of the 5K liao.

Yap the lawyer did tell me to issue 1 cashier order but when I ask about the balance COV 5k do I pay they say.. erms your purchase price is X amount so you just issue this. Than they did not answer my question who pay the balance 5K COV. But after this few days I think & think HDB will lor. Else if wrong hor got to re-issue cashier order with extra charges I ask lawyer to pay.. by than its their mistake. :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by zerochristy

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
No need to cut and paste. Just copy and paste. Don't direct paste the whole link. Select the "insert image" from the above menu and paste the link there and click ok. Or else add a at the end of the link

i.e. (img)http://something.jpg(/img) note: i replace the "[]" with "()" or else it can't show here...:P

:D You really go all the way to help me wor... think its for the pics of my house... Haha Just kidding. I will

work out how to upload soon. I get my hubby to help me if I dun know...

:D You really go all the way to help me wor... think its for the pics of my house... Haha Just kidding. I will

work out how to upload soon. I get my hubby to help me if I dun know...

hahaha. can't wait for you photo and i'm just too lazy to click another link to view the photos...:D Joking :lol:

Hi :)

After went MIA for near to 10 days, its time for some update.

We did inspection of the house on the 22nd and the completion on 24th. During the weekend meet up 3 IDs and and are waiting

for the respective quotation and seeing for it we would be receiving at least 2 quote by this friday. Hopefully, the price will not kill us :P

Proud to have a house now :D

Hi :)

After went MIA for near to 10 days, its time for some update.

We did inspection of the house on the 22nd and the completion on 24th. During the weekend meet up 3 IDs and and are waiting

for the respective quotation and seeing for it we would be receiving at least 2 quote by this friday. Hopefully, the price will not kill us :P

Proud to have a house now :D

More pictures... :paint:

Here is our nest's living room... some may even wonder do we still need to reno? Yes we need to get rid of the brown elephant in the living room aka the TV console. Only my FIL say wah so nice why dun want... I told my hubby if he want can tear down and bring to his house... :D Beside that I prefer to have wall than feature wall. The false ceiling got to go cause we want fan as no aircon in the living room area. The ex-owner used lots of spot light which is too hot and waste electricity so we are going to change to energy saving lights.

b4reno039.th.jpg

Another image of the living room and the entrance for the kitchen. Will be tearing down the kitchen brown counter and side glass shelving... not nice and after a careful look the wood is not in good quailty. We will be doing up a so call breakfast counter just for the 2 of us to makan... no need to buy dinning table at the mean time :P

b4reno037.th.jpg

Ok I will post this 2 photo for today and will add more in this few days once I have time. Enjoy.

Edited by zerochristy

hse condition looks good hor.

but still better go wif ur heart on the reno

else u will caught staying wif eye sore for years b4 moving to next nest.

me made this mistake for my old flat :P

look fwd to more pic :)

familyof4> :) Hope so too. Would be seeing one of the ID mid next week as quote done up… now a bit kanchong :P

smartie & shkeat> Ok ok I posted 2 photo on my living room area.. more to add. Slowly okie??

rdnest> Ya condition of the house is still okie from the look of it.. at least no hacking and rebuilding of walls.. floor can still be kept as its granite for the living room area. As I say got to redo some part if not eye sore esp the big brown elephant sitting in the living room… Hahah.

Additional Information: The last I ask regarding the balance COV to be give to seller... well its HDB who pass the cheque to the seller.

Today lets move to another corner of the house. If you see the floor plan again we will be viewing the study area. The ex-owner actually hack away the wall and make the study area into part of the living room too... so the living room now is actually bigger now. We are very ok with the hacking and the only changes is we will be tearing down the bi-folding wooden door to make it a cozy corner. Another changes is we are going to stain the cabinet under the window.. but I am quite worried after staining and after a few years down the road the stain colour might just come out ;) *Wondering*

(PS: I prefer darker colour for the cabinet like brown black)

b4reno008.th.jpg

A view of our kitchen from the entrance of the kitchen bi-folding door. Will not be touching this area as we do not have much money. Looks good still and more over we dun cook much so tahan the kitchen at the mean till I save another 10K... but we will be tearing down only the left cabinet just beside the sink to place our fridge.

b4reno023.th.jpg

Edited by zerochristy

Try the shops along Jalan Besar.

We bought ours from Royal Franco. very honest guy with good pricing... look for Henry.

135 Jalan Besar. Tel 62990453

Try the shops along Jalan Besar.

We bought ours from Royal Franco. very honest guy with good pricing... look for Henry.

135 Jalan Besar. Tel 62990453

Thanks Smallboy.

Manage to find some shop sell bathroom items… but I go all confused on their service.. some comment good and bad for the same shop… Any one want to comment more besides

Bathroom.sg, Hoe Kee, Poh Joo. Royal Franco, Sim Siang Choon, Indulge, Hupfarri

Edited by zerochristy