Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
smartie

Our Lovely Home @ Bishan

Thanks Mrspiglet and F4 for sharing and enlightening me! :)

Hmm ... altho' my in-laws quite traditional but I never recalled having the kids jumping on the bed. I renember the symbolic items like new bath sets, towel sets, bed sheets and clothing. Another thing, I remember is that they got some kids to burst the paper covering a potty bowl and that's about it. Is that part of the 'An Chuan' ritual too?

i think urs is part of Guo Da Li right? I haven gone thru mine, my that sounds like the crazy list i saw. In the end settled with just exchge of angbao when that day comes.

the rolling bed 添丁, but solely exclusive to boys only. I rembr clearly that i was so fascinated by my uncle's nuptial bed when i was young, my grandparents shouted and sprinted the fastest in probably the entire life to stop me from climbing up my uncle's bed. 重男轻女!! unfair! :bleah:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
i think urs is part of Guo Da Li right? I haven gone thru mine, my that sounds like the crazy list i saw. In the end settled with just exchge of angbao when that day comes.

the rolling bed 添丁, but solely exclusive to boys only. I rembr clearly that i was so fascinated by my uncle's nuptial bed when i was young, my grandparents shouted and sprinted the fastest in probably the entire life to stop me from climbing up my uncle's bed. 重男轻女!! unfair! :bleah:

isit they scare u spoilt the bed?or u will just sleep there n nuaz??? :notti: hmm....sound like yr grandparents run quite fast...can imagine...hmmmm...

wah Smartie and booy... congrats.. hope Smartie's better.

so nice with all the furniture in. Like mrspiglet, I like the MBR!!! :) The toilets look very cosy too. I think the design of the whole house quite well matched even though you didn't change some things.. :)

I can imagine that, the old folks are so traditional.. I'm glad that nowadays the people are not so 重男轻女 le..

wah Smartie and booy... congrats.. hope Smartie's better.

so nice with all the furniture in. Like mrspiglet, I like the MBR!!! :) The toilets look very cosy too. I think the design of the whole house quite well matched even though you didn't change some things.. :)

He's better, but busier with work now.. So we are happy that reno is more or less settled.. A bit bit rectification on coming sat..

We have more furnitures like study table, book shelf to buy to occupy our study room.. I initially wanted pure white for our home.. But because of our woody kitchen, so the concept is changed... Glad that it still looks decent.. :)

I can imagine that, the old folks are so traditional.. I'm glad that nowadays the people are not so 重男轻女 le..

erm...I have 2 old folks at home super 重男轻女...guess i don't have the modern thinking old folks. sigh...

erm...I have 2 old folks at home super 重男轻女...guess i don't have the modern thinking old folks. sigh...

My daddy and mummy are pretty nice then.. Both equal.. So now, I'm still happily living in my home and treat my new home as a chalet.. I wonder when will move, I don't want to be a maria of Smartie.. :P

My daddy and mummy are pretty nice then.. Both equal.. So now, I'm still happily living in my home and treat my new home as a chalet.. I wonder when will move, I don't want to be a maria of Smartie.. :P

my parents actually fair it's my ILs :x

wah i like ur bed too! the seatie at e study room also v nice! :)

lucky i hv 2 an chuan date given by my FS master and my MIL obeys him alot! hengz! so anything i wan it my way i will say its agreed by the FS master liao, then my mil will allow hehehehe

my parents actually fair it's my ILs :x

Understand.. It's harder to get used to each other's parents.. Because of different parenting style and everyone has their own beliefs and habits...

wah i like ur bed too! the seatie at e study room also v nice! :)

lucky i hv 2 an chuan date given by my FS master and my MIL obeys him alot! hengz! so anything i wan it my way i will say its agreed by the FS master liao, then my mil will allow hehehehe

Another of my bed lover.. haha..

I didn't know that we can have 2 an chuan date till recently.. You are lucky to have a FS which your MIL obeys.. :)

kids rolling over bed = give more children. Kids bursting covering of potty bowl = .... i don't want to know... :P

Stormcontrol & Mrspiglet:

From the little that I understood and after checking with my wife, the tiny potty bowl (not the actual toilet bowl) was similar to those we used as kids in the old days. Its symbolically covered with some red cloth/paper with words on it. And the 'procedure' is after the groom fetches the bride home and all the tea ceremonies are over, I think they usually get a kid to burst it. Like the 'An Chuan' thing, its also another supposed 'determinant' of the baby's sex so they usually get a boy to do it. Mine was however, enthusiastically burst by a boy and 2 twin girls ... ahahahahaha! I wonder how that's gonna turn out! :P

From the little that I understood and after checking with my wife, the tiny potty bowl (not the actual toilet bowl) was similar to those we used as kids in the old days. Its symbolically covered with some red cloth/paper with words on it. And the 'procedure' is after the groom fetches the bride home and all the tea ceremonies are over, I think they usually get a kid to burst it. Like the 'An Chuan' thing, its also another supposed 'determinant' of the baby's sex so they usually get a boy to do it. Mine was however, enthusiastically burst by a boy and 2 twin girls ... ahahahahaha! I wonder how that's gonna turn out! :P

You will know soon.. hee... Probably another twin coming along the way..

isit they scare u spoilt the bed?or u will just sleep there n nuaz??? :notti: hmm....sound like yr grandparents run quite fast...can imagine...hmmmm...

my grandparents dun care wat i do on the bed. They want my uncle's kid to be a son, not daughter!! Now think of it also angry... daughters no gd meh? :bleah:

I think our parents shd be better than previous gen ba? At least my mum's pretty happy that she had 3 daughters instead of 3 sons. Cos she say nowadays daughter marry will get half a son more. Hohoho! :P

U see ur nice nice new house, u will wanna keep it clean everytime u go over. hope u dun end up like me - a disgruntled maria! :bangwall:

Another way is... ask smartie clean the house lor! haha!

hmm... it seems ur will be triplets!

My coffee table drama

On last Sat, the coffee table was delivered with all the rest of the furnitures, but the colour was incorrect.. we ordered a white one and a black one came.. So we rejected without a second thought...

On Mon, S&C called me to ask on the next possible date to re-deliver.. So I told them either after 7pm during weekdays or coming Sat afternoon... They said OK and will inform me again on the date after he check on the schedule..

Yesterday, at around 7.30pm, S&C called me and told me that the delivery guys were already at my door.. BUT no one was at our new home.. And Smartie was at work, so no one could go back home to receive the coffee table.. So they had no choice but to leave with the coffee table..

Today, at around 9+ this morning, S&C called Smartie to inform him that they can either deliver today between 12+ to 1+ or after 7pm tonight.. And Smartie asked them to come in the afternoon.. Guess what, the coffee table reached the lobby of our flat.. BUT the delivery guys accidentally knocked the table against something (dunno what) and the table is now scratched or dented.. So S&C decided to send us another new table on another day..

I have no complaints for their service so far.. But this table is really 多灾多难... It can never sit in our home safely.. :unsure:

booy: u so cute! u made the coffee table sounded like a living creature! :P Services at S&C is ok, but their delivery timings r really horrible from my experience. I hope ur table gets to u safely... SOON!