Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkiedreamy

Dreamy's Love Nest

where did you find this sofa??? look very comfy.. i am also looking for a high back sofa...

this is the sofa which I'm eyeing.

the lady say can customise the length between 2.8m - 3m (depending on my living room)

it is fabric. We chose this cos the whole fabric can be removed and wash in washing machine.

And can buy extra covers of different color

sofa.jpg

price after discount = $2080

covers @ $980 per set. :jawdrop:

according to her, fabric from belgium...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hahaha ok ok mine is 21ft bottom only. so yours is 42ft in total. :) then 5k+ is fine.

yup I have this wavy problem. It's not very obvious so I'm ok with it. but I do think matt ones look more classic. But I'm not sure about the scratching part since I don't have any on mine. :)

Ivy,

I read in your renoblog, that you did consider using postform for your kitchen top?

My current house, I used postform for my kitchen.

CHose postform tat time cos of budget, and wanted something more practical - scratch resistant and also, 1st time doing housechores, so wanted something that is cheap and won't be ruined by be easily.

5 years le, this table top still nice nice and good.

However, this time, hubby and I did consider postform again. cos it serves us real good.

but solid top is really nice though difficult to maintain.

After much thought, hubby say will go for solid top, since WE dun cook often.

but i know, really got to be very careful....cos scratches really not nice

hahaha ok ok mine is 21ft bottom only. so yours is 42ft in total. :) then 5k+ is fine.

yup I have this wavy problem. It's not very obvious so I'm ok with it. but I do think matt ones look more classic. But I'm not sure about the scratching part since I don't have any on mine. :)

yah, i think th wavy is not obvious if you don't tell others :D

your mum must have taken well care of the cabinets that's why no scratch =)

Ivy,

I read in your renoblog, that you did consider using postform for your kitchen top?

My current house, I used postform for my kitchen.

CHose postform tat time cos of budget, and wanted something more practical - scratch resistant and also, 1st time doing housechores, so wanted something that is cheap and won't be ruined by be easily.

5 years le, this table top still nice nice and good.

However, this time, hubby and I did consider postform again. cos it serves us real good.

but solid top is really nice though difficult to maintain.

After much thought, hubby say will go for solid top, since WE dun cook often.

but i know, really got to be very careful....cos scratches really not nice

yeah i was having a difficulty deciding on what top to use. My last postform top lasted me 6 years and still as good as new, no scratches, no dent.

Ultimately we decided to use granite top, cos granite is supposingly less prone to scratches.

My kitchen quote includes :

1) my cabinet quote is 17ft top and bottom. TOp cabinets in glass.

2) granite top $1000

the above quote was the initial quote but I already added on more length and still awaiting ah soon to revise for me leh... mine is starting coming saturday and still no sound no picture from him...

yeah i was having a difficulty deciding on what top to use. My last postform top lasted me 6 years and still as good as new, no scratches, no dent.

Ultimately we decided to use granite top, cos granite is supposingly less prone to scratches.

My kitchen quote includes :

1) my cabinet quote is 17ft top and bottom. TOp cabinets in glass.

2) granite top $1000

the above quote was the initial quote but I already added on more length and still awaiting ah soon to revise for me leh... mine is starting coming saturday and still no sound no picture from him...

17ft top and bottom means bottom is about 8 ft

8ft granite already $1k.

no wonder my granite quote is $2450.

you using blaxk galaxy?

but using granite, will have the tile gap on the kitchen top right?

really headache sial..

i not yet select my granite cos not yet seen any sample. most likely will be black galaxy though.

Ya granite will have the ugly joint lor.. but no choice.. functionality more impt.. i very chor lor one... so dun think the solid surface top can stand my abuse... though I seldom cook..

i not yet select my granite cos not yet seen any sample. most likely will be black galaxy though.

Ya granite will have the ugly joint lor.. but no choice.. functionality more impt.. i very chor lor one... so dun think the solid surface top can stand my abuse... though I seldom cook..

erm...i also very chor lor. now is functionality vs budget.

i just told hubby about pros and cons of solid top and granite.

then tell him to decide for me, since he is the one controlling the $.

I always say he has an easy job - just issue cheques.

whereas, I have to think about the designs, the pros and cons, and the funtionality of every item constructed or buy. :rolleyes:

erm...i also very chor lor. now is functionality vs budget.

i just told hubby about pros and cons of solid top and granite.

then tell him to decide for me, since he is the one controlling the $.

I always say he has an easy job - just issue cheques.

whereas, I have to think about the designs, the pros and cons, and the funtionality of every item constructed or buy. :rolleyes:

yah lor same lor!!! I am also the one pulling my hair out pertaining to the reno.. Worse!! I am also the one having to issue the cheque............... so it is practically a one woman show.....

yah lor same lor!!! I am also the one pulling my hair out pertaining to the reno.. Worse!! I am also the one having to issue the cheque............... so it is practically a one woman show.....

wah u more chaim than me.

my hubby say if I were to control the $, then i can easily spend a BOMB on the hse.

so it is better that what i want, have to go through him.

From planning to renovating the house, this period, i can easily go siao. haha :bangwall:

5 years ago i went through it...now again.

Sometimes really wonder, is it i backside itchy, cos I was the one who wanna upgrade to a 5 room flat.

And knowing i have to do the sourcing and searching alone... :(

but then again, the end product is always so satisfying.

cos when friends came view our current place, my hubby will say, "Oh my wife chose it. My wife source and design it"

well..at least he gave me the credit :D

Couldn't sleep last night, so finalised some things with hubby...

Confirm List : :sport-smiley-004:

1. kitchen entrance - glass wall and glass door - $1300 for glass wall and door

2. Bedroom 3 - hack and the layout will be same as bedroom 2. - $300 for hacking

3. Bedroom 3 - 1 glass wall and glass door at entrance - $1860 - for the glass wall and door

4. Balcony bifold door - white aluminium with glass panels - $1k+

5. Black homogeneous Tiles throughout @ $5/psf (Living, 3 bedrooms, Kitchen) - $8900

6. Hacking of all wall tiles and floor tiles and cornices - $3000

7. Change the 3 bedrooms door to veneer wood with glass strip - $450

8. installation of false ceiling (Living rooms + 3 bedrooms) - $2500

Estimated Damage so far = $19k :jawdrop:

can anyone tell me if any of the above items is over-priced?

I don't know about overpriced.. but things like your homo tiles... they are $5/psf because they are very good quality ones or because they are 800X800?

Hacking seems to be a little ex.

Without size, like for kitchen entrance, balcony... I can't tell if they are ex.

You're not doing anything to the kitchen and toilets?

I don't know about overpriced.. but things like your homo tiles... they are $5/psf because they are very good quality ones or because they are 800X800?

Hacking seems to be a little ex.

Without size, like for kitchen entrance, balcony... I can't tell if they are ex.

You're not doing anything to the kitchen and toilets?

how much are you quoted for hacking?

mine includes hacking of living, bedroom, balcony, bombshelter kitchen and toilet floor and wall tiles and cornices.