Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkiedreamy

Dreamy's Love Nest

i remember reading in an article that a good rainshower not only help to relax a person but can produce more oxygen to the skin to make it more healthy but i can't that article anymore...:( will try to search for the article again tonight but no promise...:D

i bought most of my stuffs from Malaysia. The rain shower set cost around SGP 240 per set with 3-way mixer (for hand held, rain shower and a tap). you can refer to my t-blog for more details in items vs price...:P

forgot to mention, i don't my set will have the "more oxygen" feature...hahaha. i'm buying it because i find that showering with the rain shower feature are quite relaxing...:) tried it in hotel and my uncle house and it feel very nice

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
For rainshower to work effectively, the water pressure must be good. Otherwise, it defeats the purpose. :)

Totally agree..:D but for Singapore, we can't fix a pump for HDB else will be superb... :yeah: Only solution is to fix a storage tank. My only concern now is whether it's enough for my 2 rain shower... :dunno: will know next week... :sport-smiley-004:

Totally agree..:D but for Singapore, we can't fix a pump for HDB else will be superb... :yeah: Only solution is to fix a storage tank. My only concern now is whether it's enough for my 2 rain shower... :dunno: will know next week... :sport-smiley-004:

I guess it will be sufficient if you don't use 2 shower at the same time.

cos even for normal shower using a normal storage heater, 2 bathing at the same time is not sufficient.

I really can't wait to get hold of my keys. but according to my agent. I will only get it in July @ 2nd appt.

That's like 3 months from now..... :(

I guess it will be sufficient if you don't use 2 shower at the same time.

cos even for normal shower using a normal storage heater, 2 bathing at the same time is not sufficient.

I really can't wait to get hold of my keys. but according to my agent. I will only get it in July @ 2nd appt.

That's like 3 months from now..... :(

Don't worry. 3 months is very fast. You can start searching for ID and start planning your reno. Even start surveying around for good deals on stuffs you plan to buy...:) Before you know it, your 2nd appointent is up..:D

Yesterday morning @ 10.30am, went to meet up with a contractor.

His pffice has all sorts of tiles...and all so beautiful.

He recommended us a black homogenoeus tile, very shiny, can see my own reflection, but is 800x800.

Anyone here uses 800x800 homogeneous tiles?

as i read before that homogeneous tiles are prone to warping, and the bigger the tile, easieer it will warp.

but the tile is really a beauty ;)

we also look through the tiles for toilets.

saw some $2 tiles - $3.50 tiles.

the $3.50 range are of cos nicer and more 'modern'

but we have a budget, but it is all so tempting..

the designer quoted us a 21ft (top & bottom) kitchen @@ $5595.

outside lamintes, inside finish will be white pvc.

can i check if the interioir finish of your kitchen cabinets also white pvc?

cos my own kitchen, inside finish is like ply, those wood 'laminate' finish. definitely not pvc.

so just wondering most ID uses pvc for inside?

I don't know if it's true but recently after doing renovation I've been more sensitive to tiles and stuff.. I notice that the 800X800 that a lot of shopping centres use are popping and warping!

mm mine is white wood finish also... and my 21ft is only $2000+ leh.

We are begining to move away from our WHite concept house.

it is really not easy to look for white furnitures. And sometimes, the white we see just differ from each other.

:horse: Went to view THE PEAK showroom @ toa payoh tthis afternoon.

the kitchen cabinets and wardrobes are using those 'wood' laminates.

And i always thought 'wood' laminates not in fashion le. haha...i'm wrong.

One Id commented that 'wood' or matte laminates are easier to maintain, and more scratch-resistant.

And I noticed that gloss laminates are more prone to finger prints.

so today was a BIG headache for me. can't decide what laminate i want for my kitchen. :unsure:

mm when I did my house we were so determined to have gloss white laminates... now... if I have the chance to rechoose I would choose matt ones. really.

I think matt ones look more classic. Gloss ones (unless you go for the good quality ones) have this wave look. which I don't like. mm

I don't know if it's true but recently after doing renovation I've been more sensitive to tiles and stuff.. I notice that the 800X800 that a lot of shopping centres use are popping and warping!

mm mine is white wood finish also... and my 21ft is only $2000+ leh.

Yours 21 ft only bottom cabinets?

Mine is 21ft top and 21ft bottom..

Does your doors and drawers com with anti slam?

One ID quoted me $5595 is without anti slam.

the other ID quotes me $6k+ is with anti slam.

mm when I did my house we were so determined to have gloss white laminates... now... if I have the chance to rechoose I would choose matt ones. really.

I think matt ones look more classic. Gloss ones (unless you go for the good quality ones) have this wave look. which I don't like. mm

so your laminates have this wave look?

thats what one ID told us. And he say if we wanna do gloss, we have to choose laminates that is 2mm so that the thickness will prevent the wave.

But of cos, more ex. and with anti slam, can go up to 7k+ cos the solid top he use is LG or Corian.. ;)

Advise.....

LG, Bellus, Corian Solid top - What's the difference between them?

Gloss or Matt Laminates for Kitchen ?

I have nothing in mind for Bedroom 2. Should I just leave it unfurnished? or put in a built-in wardrobe?

Bedroom 3 - hubby converting into his study / entertainment room.