Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkiedreamy

Dreamy's Love Nest

6. i want to have a island in the kitchen. but it will result in 60cm walkway on each side. isit too narrow?

7. i wanted a bar top counter at the kicthen entrance, so we can just have meals there.

But hubby say a dining table is more appropriate.

Hi was reading at your post and just wondering why you need a bar top counter when you are intending to do an island? You can actually make your island wider or just extend the top longer towards your dining / living and make it as your breakfast table. Don't really need a high bar counter for it...:)

60 cm walkway is around 2 feet which is quite alright but still it's up to you and your hubby...:) I'm also having a 2 feet entrance to my kitchen as i extend my L-shape kicthen with bar counter. we prefer to have a "longer" bar counter rather than a big entrance. I'm having a open concept kicthen..:P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Not a problem, u can read it in my T-Blog.. But I'd drop u a PM later anyways.. :)

Hi Pinkiedreamy,

I missed this post. If you don't mind, can you pm me the rough cost of the quartz that those IDs quoted you? I am trying to work out my budget.

Thanks in advance.

i didn't get any quote....just verbally ask the ID shop as i went window shoppin for IDs.

so can't really remember.

This sat i seeing another contractor...i see if he got any quotes....i let u know

Hi was reading at your post and just wondering why you need a bar top counter when you are intending to do an island? You can actually make your island wider or just extend the top longer towards your dining / living and make it as your breakfast table. Don't really need a high bar counter for it...:)

60 cm walkway is around 2 feet which is quite alright but still it's up to you and your hubby...:) I'm also having a 2 feet entrance to my kitchen as i extend my L-shape kicthen with bar counter. we prefer to have a "longer" bar counter rather than a big entrance. I'm having a open concept kicthen..:P

er...cos eat in kitchen...cant watch tv lor....anyway will probably do away with tat idea.

cut cost mah...so that i can 'transfer' the cost to other areas.

Love open concept kitchen. any pictures??

this is the sofa which I'm eyeing.

the lady say can customise the length between 2.8m - 3m (depending on my living room)

it is fabric. We chose this cos the whole fabric can be removed and wash in washing machine.

And can buy extra covers of different color

sofa.jpg

price after discount = $2080

covers @ $980 per set. :jawdrop:

according to her, fabric from belgium...

WAH but it looks uber comfy with a high back... even the covers are expensive... is there a wide range of colours?

i like the highback...tats y we decided...this is our sofa..hahaha...

yah..the colour alot to choose from.....

hubby say get one spare one lor...incase our dog start to mark at new home and new furniture...at least can wash. haha

but is 2.8-3m sofa BIG?? scared too big leh....

i like the highback...tats y we decided...this is our sofa..hahaha...

yah..the colour alot to choose from.....

hubby say get one spare one lor...incase our dog start to mark at new home and new furniture...at least can wash. haha

but is 2.8-3m sofa BIG?? scared too big leh....

Quite big really. Take a look at your layout and see the place you intend to put it... see if it can fit ba. Also.. must take note that the L-shape portion still allows for people to pass after you put your console and coffee table down. :P

wahhh expensive.. but simple and nice. extra cover also expensive!! the size is pretty big.

Quite big really. Take a look at your layout and see the place you intend to put it... see if it can fit ba. Also.. must take note that the L-shape portion still allows for people to pass after you put your console and coffee table down. :P

wahhh expensive.. but simple and nice. extra cover also expensive!! the size is pretty big.

yah lor, it is big and expensive. but really comfy. :sport-smiley-004:

so will see how it goes...since the lady say they can customise the length for us.

The L part will be near the balcony.

Went window shopping for some accessories I want for my kitchen and toilets.

Saw these in Mayer @ PS today.

Deliziahood899.jpg

Deliziahob619.jpg

And hubby say i can buy corelle dinnerware

corelle-warmpansies.gif

Then saw some Rain Shower.

rainshower.jpg

Just the shower head about $1.4k le.

hubby :jawdrop:

Then i remembered seeing rain shower in Hoe Kee. seems to be less than $1k.

Anyone install rain shower? Is the bathing experience good? :dribble:

Anyone know where to get this?

bifolddoorforbalcony.jpg

Wanna have it for my balcony door.

i didn't get any quote....just verbally ask the ID shop as i went window shoppin for IDs.

so can't really remember.

This sat i seeing another contractor...i see if he got any quotes....i let u know

er...cos eat in kitchen...cant watch tv lor....anyway will probably do away with tat idea.

cut cost mah...so that i can 'transfer' the cost to other areas.

Love open concept kitchen. any pictures??

not complete yet. still 2 weeks to go....:P

Then saw some Rain Shower.

rainshower.jpg

Just the shower head about $1.4k le.

hubby :jawdrop:

Then i remembered seeing rain shower in Hoe Kee. seems to be less than $1k.

Anyone install rain shower? Is the bathing experience good? :dribble:

i intend to install rain shower at both my common and master toilet...:P bought the rain shower from JB. haven't install yet. Plumber will be doing it this week. Next week get to try already...hehehe

i intend to install rain shower at both my common and master toilet...:P bought the rain shower from JB. haven't install yet. Plumber will be doing it this week. Next week get to try already...hehehe

try and let me know.

my hubby cant understand why is it a IN thing to have rain shower. :yamseng:

looking at your post on the laminate,aircon...

Personally cost is everything to me probably becoz of 3 kids....have to tighten budget....

1) only considering laminate because cheaper....

2) air con only in rooms...already hubby complaining about the higher electrical cost when only on one air con at night....

we also decide to do a l-box in the living so that we can put up a ceiling fan guess should be quite sufficient...

looking forward to more pictures....

oh ya!! i also thought of installing rain shower but don't know about how practical is it esp when it cost so much....

hey shkeat!! is it cheaper to get from JB...My cousin asking me to go there get the lightings and all....

Edited by preciousjam

Personally cost is everything to me probably becoz of 3 kids....have to tighten budget....

2) air con only in rooms...already hubby complaining about the higher electrical cost when only on one air con at night....

we also decide to do a l-box in the living so that we can put up a ceiling fan guess should be quite sufficient...

oh ya!! i also thought of installing rain shower but don't know about how practical is it esp when it cost so much....

hey shkeat!! is it cheaper to get from JB...My cousin asking me to go there get the lightings and all....

i remember reading in an article that a good rainshower not only help to relax a person but can produce more oxygen to the skin to make it more healthy but i can't that article anymore...:( will try to search for the article again tonight but no promise...:D

i bought most of my stuffs from Malaysia. The rain shower set cost around SGP 240 per set with 3-way mixer (for hand held, rain shower and a tap). you can refer to my t-blog for more details in items vs price...:P

i read from somewhere that if we are using rain shower, then need to use Storage heater. cos instant heater dunhave enough "water power"?

my 1st appt is 13th may.

so now i start sourcing my items...especially mid year has alot alot of sales.

so tot of buy and keep then intsall.