Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkiedreamy

Dreamy's Love Nest

power trip is not due to induction hob.. as you said, over usage of power on a single power line will cause tripping..

what you should do before you moved in is to on all the lights, air con, power switches, appliances etc for about half a day...

see will trip or not.. if not, then you should be fine forever..

WAH half a day a bit siong...

yah lor, half a day abit siong, especially the aircons.

If it will trip, then when all powers are on, it should trip right?

don't have to wait till half a day? am i right?

actually i think for the best range of picket and rail stuff, its better to go to their warehouse at woodlands rd.. cos their outlets dun carry everything due to space constraints.. eg. my bed set only available at imm, and not IFC and suntec (before it closed) ;)

price in warehouse will it be cheaper?

do you have the address?

i am asking for black galaxy for my kitchen cabinet suface top.

as for induction stove, have been eyeing it, but won't be installing cos mom not used to it. i used it before and i find it interesting and food heats up real fast.

hows the electricity consumption?

which brand?

the induction you used the last time, was 2, 3 or 4 induction?

:horse:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
price in warehouse will it be cheaper?

do you have the address?

the address is:

Picket & Rail Building

(Click to enlarge map)

@ 566 Woodlands Road

Singapore 728697

Tel: 6362 2096

Opening Hours:

11am – 8pm (Weekdays)

10am – 9pm (Weekends & PH)

Bus No.: 160,170,178,960,961,927

or visit website: http://www.picketandrail.com/index.html

last time we went is cos they have a warehouse sale, so there are some items on sale there.. other than that, i think its just a more complete showroom bah.. the price for our bedroom set is the same at the warehouse. :unsure:

anyway, its quite near to IFC (relatively near) so can shun bian go there loh.. :D

yah lor, half a day abit siong, especially the aircons.

If it will trip, then when all powers are on, it should trip right?

don't have to wait till half a day? am i right?

Actually I think it might take some time one. Sometimes the appliances heat up or what will affect. It might take 2-3 hours but probably not half a day :)

Our 1st appt on 13 May.

Can't wait to get keys.

Today, we meet up with our kitchen ID.

Kitchen:

Top (white gloss laminate 2mm) - 20.5ft - $3075

Bottom (white gloss laminate 2mm) - 18ft - $3060

= comes with 3 BLUM/Heatech drawers, remaining all swing doors

Additional cupboard above fridge - $120

Stainless Steel Dish RRack - $120

Backsplash in tempered crystal clear glass sprayed white finished 22sqft - $1320

granite top 17.5ft - $2450

total = $10145

Less = 1014.50

Total = $9130.50 :o

We almost drop from our chairs.

Towards the end, we might opt for

- woody laminates (reason: worry my dog will scratch the cabinets and white gloss if scratched will be very obvious)

- solid top (reason: granite don't seems to go well with the woody laminates we want)

The final cost was reduced to about 6.5k :unsure:

Also went IMM to check out the furnitures aand mattress.

Tried Simmons and Sealy, decided to get Sealy....

Tried the Sealy mattress....Really can fall asleep there....so comfy :D

Any feedback from you guys?

hows the electricity consumption?

which brand?

the induction you used the last time, was 2, 3 or 4 induction?

not sure of the electricity consumption

brand is ariston i think

used it in a serviced apartment overseas. 3 inductions.

Our 1st appt on 13 May.

Can't wait to get keys.

Today, we meet up with our kitchen ID.

Kitchen:

Top (white gloss laminate 2mm) - 20.5ft - $3075

Bottom (white gloss laminate 2mm) - 18ft - $3060

= comes with 3 BLUM/Heatech drawers, remaining all swing doors

Additional cupboard above fridge - $120

Stainless Steel Dish RRack - $120

Backsplash in tempered crystal clear glass sprayed white finished 22sqft - $1320

granite top 17.5ft - $2450

total = $10145

Less = 1014.50

Total = $9130.50 :o

We almost drop from our chairs.

Towards the end, we might opt for

- woody laminates (reason: worry my dog will scratch the cabinets and white gloss if scratched will be very obvious)

- solid top (reason: granite don't seems to go well with the woody laminates we want)

The final cost was reduced to about 6.5k :unsure:

Hi pinkiedreamy,

How about doing suspense kitchen to prevent your dog from scratching the laminates?

Im also interested in Quartz top. Did you ask about the quartz top and how much your ID qoute you for quartz ?

Hi pinkiedreamy,

How about doing suspense kitchen to prevent your dog from scratching the laminates?

Im also interested in Quartz top. Did you ask about the quartz top and how much your ID qoute you for quartz ?

My dog will stand and scratch, so even suspense, he can also reach.

did ask about quartz. this ID quoted be rather high, more ex than granite.

whereas when i ask other IDs, some same quote as granite.

decided not to do up an expensive kitchen top since I don't really cook often. so decided to save the money on other areas.

brandtinductionhob.jpg

Anyone using Induction hob?

Saw this at my ID showroom, finds it less bulky.

Understand they need to use pots and pans that 'attracts' magnets.

Anyway my main concern is, is it good?

read some pros and cons:

- heats up your cooking fast :D

- easy to clean :D

- consumes alot electricity :unsure:

- if aircon is on at the same time, or too much electrical appliances on, then power will trip :(

Anyone can comment? :paint:

Hi, me using this exact model now. 2 thumbs up for quick cooking and easy clean surface.

My kitchen can be kept so sleek clean ;)

Oso it is not too big. we put it horizontally, instead of vertically.

fit very well for a tiny kitchen like ours. we get more space for table top.

need every space when preparing for cooking etc.

till now, used for 5 months liao. no tripping problem when my whole hse aircon is ON, lightings r ON while cooking.

think it is how ur electrician run the wiring. can't b anyhow trip de right?

Me bought at S$998. how much did u see it?

Hi, me using this exact model now. 2 thumbs up for quick cooking and easy clean surface.

My kitchen can be kept so sleek clean ;)

Oso it is not too big. we put it horizontally, instead of vertically.

fit very well for a tiny kitchen like ours. we get more space for table top.

need every space when preparing for cooking etc.

till now, used for 5 months liao. no tripping problem when my whole hse aircon is ON, lightings r ON while cooking.

think it is how ur electrician run the wiring. can't b anyhow trip de right?

Me bought at S$998. how much did u see it?

I got the picture online.

Where did you get it from?

Went to Best Denki and courts, didn't see this induction hob.

hmm...$$998, still trying to convince my hubby to get this.

Can share how much is your electrical bill?

Will be meeting up with my contractor this saturday morning.

After discussion with hubby, decided the following: (do give comments)

1. we will go ahead with white gloss laminates and solid top for kitchen (our dog will probably let him station elsewhere in the house)

2. we are looking at homogeneous for living area and parquest/laminates for rooms.

-- can anyone enlighten me, parquet or laminate is better?

3. Wanted to have aircon in the living area. But we will not use often...so wondering if we should go ahead.

4. Will go for glass or stainless steel hob. induction hob consumes more electricity - hubby say no no

5. balcony door, bifold door or sliding door? - anyone seen any nice white/ creamy white bi fold doors?

6. i want to have a island in the kitchen. but it will result in 60cm walkway on each side. isit too narrow?

7. i wanted a bar top counter at the kicthen entrance, so we can just have meals there.

But hubby say a dining table is more appropriate.

8. this is a resale unit. wondering if we shld overlay the tiles of the kitchen and toilet or should we hack then tile.

Really appreciate all the feedbacks. cos now really HEAD BIg BIg :bangwall:

Will be meeting up with my contractor this saturday morning.

After discussion with hubby, decided the following: (do give comments)

1. we will go ahead with white gloss laminates and solid top for kitchen (our dog will probably let him station elsewhere in the house)

2. we are looking at homogeneous for living area and parquet /laminates for rooms.

-- can anyone enlighten me, parquet or laminate is better?

3. Wanted to have aircon in the living area. But we will not use often...so wondering if we should go ahead.

4. Will go for glass or stainless steel hob. induction hob consumes more electricity - hubby say no no

5. balcony door, bifold door or sliding door? - anyone seen any nice white/ creamy white bi fold doors?

6. i want to have a island in the kitchen. but it will result in 60cm walkway on each side. isit too narrow?

7. i wanted a bar top counter at the kicthen entrance, so we can just have meals there.

But hubby say a dining table is more appropriate.

8. this is a resale unit. wondering if we shld overlay the tiles of the kitchen and toilet or should we hack then tile.

Really appreciate all the feedbacks. cos now really HEAD BIg BIg :bangwall:

Hi :)

Can only answer a few question...

No 2. I would go for Parquet the feeling is very different if you step on a parquet. But its ex to have parquet.. maintance of coz you have to do la. Just take note that parquet if you drag something on the floor it will scratch so never drag have to lift up and move the item you want. I like parquet cause my flat comes with it when we buy it lor :)

No 3. Living room dun need aircon cause not always will on one... even one of my gf told me not to do and I also dun intend to do.. we will install ceiling fan.

No 8. Hmmm overlaying is like making the tiles thicker... I prefer to hack.. cause I would not be moving out of my flat anymore...

but hacking is more ex than overlaying. But if you have other things to hack in the house I think the contractor can do in 1 go for you at a package price.

Edited by zerochristy

Hi :)

Can only answer a few question...

No 2. I would go for Parquet the feeling is very different if you step on a parquet. But its ex to have parquet.. maintance of coz you have to do la. Just take note that parquet if you drag something on the floor it will scratch so never drag have to lift up and move the item you want. I like parquet cause my flat comes with it when we buy it lor :)

No 3. Living room dun need aircon cause not always will on one... even one of my gf told me not to do and I also dun intend to do.. we will install ceiling fan.

No 8. Hmmm overlaying is like making the tiles thicker... I prefer to hack.. cause I would not be moving out of my flat anymore...

but hacking is more ex than overlaying. But if you have other things to hack in the house I think the contractor can do in 1 go for you at a package price.

hi Zerochristy

yah...many told me laminates gives a hollow feeling.

we are doing false ceiling in living area. if installing a ceiling fan, means there's a holle in the ceiling? cos 2 IDs told me ceiling fan must be direct from actual ceiling.

i do see before pple overlaying, and indeed...it looks thick!..

Thanks for the feedback. =)

I have been advised not to mount ceiling fan on false ceiling. Long run, may crack the false ceiling.

So we decided to go for L-Box, not false ceiling so we can mount a ceiling fan in the original ceiling. (centre). :) :) :)

Hope this is helpful for you.

Hey, my future neighbour.. Just chanced upon ur blog.. Anyways, here's a late congrats to u on ur getting of ur place.. Which part of sk will u be in?

Anyways, I can only suggest a few of the points only.. Hahaha..

2. I think parquet is the way to go if budget isn't a problem.. yeah, laminates have that hollow feelin..

3. Aircon will have to depend on you liao.. No harm installing one if u know one day u might use it and of course if ur budget allows to.. But like zerochristy said, ceiling fan should suffice for most ppl bah..

4. Bi fold doors with glass one very nice leh.. Hahaa.. Actually have to depend on the design also?

7. I think depends on whether u'd have guests coming now and den.. It just u 2 maybe a bar top suffices? Nowadays no hard and fast rules that houses should have dining tables la.. But maybe u can have bar counter and dining table if space permits!? Haha..

8. Hacking and relaying is definitely better den overlaying but abit more expensive for the hacking part, but it's worth the money to hack off the floor and relay the waterproofing membrane.. I remember one contractor told me something about overlaying, saying he he wont guarantee there won't be any leaks in the future if i overlay.. Best is hack la, u won't know if there's any existing problems with the current flooring, and on top of that it'll make the flooring higher.. Dat's my suggestion.. ;)

As for the ceiling fans thingy, i think dat ceiling fans should be mounted on the actual ceiling because of the weight, and also the distance from the false ceiling to ur floor is a factor.. Safest to hang it on the actual ceiling.. I initially wanted a false ceiling which stretches all the way across the middle of the ceiling, but wifey wanted a ceiling fan so had to give up that idea.. Most of the IDs would recommend making a hole on the false ceiling to accomodate the fan, but the hole will be quite big and i think it's ugly... Actually false ceilings u do on both sides or do a U shape also very nice with those cove lights.. I saw a few houses lidat, very nice! Better den L Boxes.. Can ask ur id to suggest, unless u die die must have the design of the false ceiling den maybe need a hole for it lor..

Cheers :)