Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tower

Any Recommendation For Storage Heater?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

i also just bought the joven latest model, claims to be energy saving.. havent even install.. keep my fingers crossed !

i used to be using ariston, i dun think i have leakage, but the heating up is very slow...

n, sometimes, the water suddenly hot, suddenly cold... is this normal for all storage heater... is city gas heater better??

i used to be using ariston, i dun think i have leakage, but the heating up is very slow...

n, sometimes, the water suddenly hot, suddenly cold... is this normal for all storage heater... is city gas heater better??

I dun have this problem using my Jovan, usually when i on the heater light,i only have to wait ard 10mins then i am ready for bath.

I also using ariston. Find it quite good. on 15 min the water becomes super hot liao. The heat seems to be able to last for 24 hrs.(I on during the night, next day night the water still hot)

Currently, I'm also facing the same problem as seashell for Ariston storage heater. Have not tried city gas heater but most prob will install Joven in my new flat soon.

are all storage heater the same? i hope the new joven i bought does not have this problem...

oh yes hawthorne, if it's within not more than 8hrs, next day the water can still be hot...but i heard alot of shops telling me ariston have leakage problem... really duno how true...

get joven as for longer heating time cause it due to the kw get the 3kw 1 and u will have to wait 5 min only

I gathered from HDB website that they only allow 1.5kW for storage heater, so means can't get the 3kW for shorter heating time.

Hi,

Like to revive this thread since it's been over a year inactive. There shod be a lot of new models if not brands of storage heaters in the mkt today.

Some Qs I am looking for:

1. Which brand & model is gd?

2. What is the right capacity, 25 or 35L for a fam of 4?

3. Install 1 larger shared storage heater or 2 small ones for 2 bathrooms?

4. Is there a timer switch function in the heater or do we install this at the wall point?

Folks pls share yr latest info!

Luke

Hi,

Like to revive this thread since it's been over a year inactive. There shod be a lot of new models if not brands of storage heaters in the mkt today.

Some Qs I am looking for:

1. Which brand & model is gd?

2. What is the right capacity, 25 or 35L for a fam of 4?

3. Install 1 larger shared storage heater or 2 small ones for 2 bathrooms?

4. Is there a timer switch function in the heater or do we install this at the wall point?

Folks pls share yr latest info!

Luke

1) from what i gathered in Renotalk, many pple recommended Jovan. I myself have used Ariston for the past 8 yrs or so and so far so good.

2) 25L or 35L, if you have many pple using, might as well get the larger one since price difference is not a lot.

3) if your 2 toilets are right next to each other, it's okie to get a large heater and share. but if your 2 toilets are quite far apart, then it's not quite advisable becos:

a) water gets cooled down on the way from one toilet to the other.

b) water flow is pathetic due to the long distance travelled, especially when both toilets are used for showering at the same time.

c) higher piping cost

Do take note that if you are staying in old HDB with 30 Amps mains, you can only use storage heater with rating of 1.5kW (though many heaters in the market are 3kw, for e.g. when i enquired about Jovan in a shop, they only carry 3kW model, not the 1.5kw one). if the rating is lower at 1.5kW, it will take very long to heat up a large tank of 35L..... zz

hope it helps :)