Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xvirusga76

A Place To Call Our Home @ Amk

Ah Liu is the more good looking one la.. heh *shy*

Anyways... NICE SHOE CABINET... I save picture hor. :P mm miscomm probs are bound to happen... as long as Alan does what is said? :)

Loving your house... mm

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hey ivy, you make me regret not doing a shoe cabinet! i am seriously contemplating to do one eh direct with ah wei...

i think your place will turn out absolutely nice! :)

btw the kitchen drawers we have changed to blum runners, so the problem previously has been solved. hehe

hi everyone! :lol:

thanks for your compliments, i got the design off the forum, think theirs is ready made types with 2 pull out drawers, but my area cant, so i tweaked the design alittle to accomodate the space. each slanted slot is fit for 2 pairs of high heels for ladies, for men, prob 1 pair bah, so techincally, we have 24 pairs of ladies shoes and 6 pairs of mens shoes approximately. the area on the left is reserved for brollies and old newspapers / magazines.

actually, when i came up with this tweaked designed, FH and Mr Liu, were kinda skeptical, Liu " like that can put alot of shoes meh??" i said can, just remb to make the slants adjustable, so we can decide either to have it slant or straight at the end of the day. i love the white floral leathery laminate on the shoe cabinet, kinda make the place cozy. drawings are on page 7 of my blog, you can grab it there k ;)

Alan brought some prospective customers up our place in the afternoon, amidst the little war zone, and he promised to have them cleaned up by Wed. Painting all the walls white, and keeping white theme proves effective for our small 67sqm humble house, kinda broaden the space alot. Will updatez all when my furniture comes in on Friday!! I called Joanna from Winter and she assured ours is ready for delivery in the warehouse. Hope no hiccups, coz our Harvey Norman stuff coming in on Sat.. big clean up dayz ahead..

Uncle Soon and Joseph popped by last night to take alook, rest of plumbering werks to be completed today. In full anticapation for Wed, where the pd door, shower screen, glass divider, mirror should be upz..

tata for now..

Edited by xvirusga76

i wana have the slanted design like yours but ah wei say no cos he says can't put many things :( I also pluck the idea from another forummer...but mom got me something to sort of like stack the shoes so that I can fit more shoes into that cabinet...now it's full actually...maybe I should clear some older ones and make room for new shoes! :x

i wana have the slanted design like yours but ah wei say no cos he says can't put many things :( I also pluck the idea from another forummer...but mom got me something to sort of like stack the shoes so that I can fit more shoes into that cabinet...now it's full actually...maybe I should clear some older ones and make room for new shoes! :x

go shop for new shoes now... GSS leh... :D

i just came back from some shopping while making a trip out...hehe...

i will be waiting for the taka member sales this weekend and grab some shoes! I still have vouchers!

Our HO is very close.. Mine is by right tomorrow.. Though i doubt so now..

Yours is progressing well..

Updatez for 24th June! :P

today is the day... HO ..!! but..lets see how they progress :rolleyes::P

Basically a rather busy day yesterday, with at least 7 sweating men around. The day started only at about 11am, with ah bao waiting for the wadrobe doors to arrive. the painters came and decided that they should only touch up tomorrow (today i mean) because of too much installations. Uncle Soon also sent another prospect today for viewing :)

PD Doors/ Glass dividers/ Shower Screen

PD door supplier came and install our bathroom doors finally, we chose the off white alum fram c/w brown acrylic panels. Followed by the glass divider / shower screen suppliers! they took almost a day to finish the whole installations, but they will boxed up the tracks above next week.

PD Doors - walls need to be repainted again.

Photo0413.jpg

Photo0416.jpg

Glass Dividers

Photo0405.jpg

Photo0407.jpg

Shower Screen

Photo0414.jpg

Edited by xvirusga76

25th June 09 (Today)

supposingly, HO today!! :sport-smiley-004:

My last check with FH is that the painter came over at 9.45am to round up the finishes. we have decided to change the panel in the kids room from the ICI Deluxe Sunny Lim to ICI Celery Green for a dark shade of green, but still keeping the rest of the walls white to brighten up the room.

Alan is reverting back currently as to when the cleaners will come and clean up.. :P

i'll post up pictures once the house is less of a war zone

Wanna see pictures of the warzone :D glad it is coming together ...

Carpentry werks

Ah Bao and another china guy dutifully finished up all the installations of the kitchen cabinets, dish racks, hob and hood and our wadrobes. The other china guy successfully cut a LoBang in our corner unit but other hiccups arises. the mirror panel door gave a big lobang on the top when closed. (i'll post pics to explain further). Our glass panels at the L shaped corner unit has to be brought back to the factory for modifications as the hinges are in the way.

we requested for those 180 deg open type of hinges for the corner unit for ease. they also managed to saw off small portion of the shoe cabinets to fit under the window. however, realised that, they made the shoe cabinet a little shorter than we proposed, thus, my brollie unit is much wasted, coz we cant fit those long brollies from giordino, :(

nevermind, i'll use it as more storage for shoes boxes / magazines etc and just have to find another place for those long brollies. :rolleyes:

Solid top supplier from Bellus came and install the top as well, thank god it was smooth sailing with no ractifications. Finally, ah bao installed our fujioh hob & hood, in full completion! our kitchen is fully taking place! :paint:

Shoe Cabinet Ractified

Photo0409.jpg

Photo0410.jpg

MBR Wadrobe

Photo0417.jpg

Electrical werks

Kelvin, the electrician, came and finished up all the rest of the wiring, and also fixed up our cove lights for the kitchen, i must say, really creates a very beautiful ambience!

He even took the initiatives to cover up the wiring inside our wadrobes! good job! :rolleyes::o;) We had him installed 5 wadrobe lights (from ikea) at each section. He also ractificed the length of the dining light to our specifications :)

Photo0418.jpg

Photo0408.jpg

these guys only left around 7.45pm after cleaning up their workz for the day! so grateful :P

25th June 09 (Today)

supposingly, HO today!! :sport-smiley-004:

My last check with FH is that the painter came over at 9.45am to round up the finishes. we have decided to change the panel in the kids room from the ICI Deluxe Sunny Lim to ICI Celery Green for a dark shade of green, but still keeping the rest of the walls white to brighten up the room.

Alan is reverting back currently as to when the cleaners will come and clean up.. :P

ur place is being transformed nicely :)

switch on the lights of th dining area...so soft and warm, and can also have a romantic dinner together....*i am dreaming already* :P

i showed uncle your downlights, its real nice. but he said cos i have this big big altar in my living room, even if i do downlights, the effect will not be as nice. :(