Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xvirusga76

A Place To Call Our Home @ Amk

why cannot do tempered glass door? I think L shape usually comes with casement doors but shouldn't be a problem to do glass door mah.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I am doing L-shape wardrobe also instead of intial plan of the normal 10ft wardrobe.

Ah wei came and discussed with my wtb.

He said L-shape wardrobe cannot do sliding door.

My wtb also quite disappointed............

HHhaah..i duno the carpenter's name, some new guy, i'm not the one liasing with him , i check with FH dan revert back to all.

Oh..reason is because, the short L is only about 1m for the doors, which is approximately 50cm for the 2 panels and the long L has 3 panels of doors. 50cm of sliding door looks weird and small.. erm.. that wat he said. (see my floor plan)

blk418floorplanivy20may.th.jpg

So sad le... i was hoping to get a different wadrobe for the conventional one i have for my life :P

Alan has been a great help so far and we are happy and comfortable with him , 2 thumbs upzzz! :good::good:

Edited by xvirusga76

wow! thanks wakzool!!! its really a sweet of you! care to share your buy with me :) i certainly hope they will be fine next month end

Hi xvirusga76

I have no problem with their delivery too. The red apple truck came at ard 1pm last sat. They told me they will be here between 11 to 2pm. So i consider them on time.

The furniture quality also ok.

Hope this will help u to up the confident level from them .

Regards

HHhaah..i duno the carpenter's name, some new guy, i'm not the one liasing with him , i check with FH dan revert back to all.

Oh..reason is because, the short L is only about 1m for the doors, which is approximately 50cm for the 2 panels and the long L has 3 panels of doors. 50cm of sliding door looks weird and small.. erm.. that wat he said. (see my floor plan)

blk418floorplanivy20may.th.jpg

So sad le... i was hoping to get a different wadrobe for the conventional one i have for my life :P

Alan has been a great help so far and we are happy and comfortable with him , 2 thumbs upzzz! :good::good:

Mine is also a L shape.

But i got 1 side sliding and 1 side bi-fold. - Done by closet design

Full wadrobe will only be up this sat. Will share the pic when it's up

Mine is also a L shape.

But i got 1 side sliding and 1 side bi-fold. - Done by closet design

Full wadrobe will only be up this sat. Will share the pic when it's up

Hi Supersimon27,

can you check with my floor plan and see if the config is about the same? Btw, which side is sliding for you and which side is bi-fold? We need to let the guy know today.

thanks.

Hi Supersimon27,

can you check with my floor plan and see if the config is about the same? Btw, which side is sliding for you and which side is bi-fold? We need to let the guy know today.

thanks.

Sorry but i can't view yr flooe plan with my company computer. think the IT guy limit our access. Will try to reply u when i got home .

mm ya I think so also.. L-shape can only do sliding on one side at max.. not possible with two sides...

But if you want all consistency then maybe all casement is better?

mm you don't have pictures of the laminates wor.. so cannot advise on that...

Ok whatever furniture you see in my photos below, are from winter :D

LivingArea3.jpg

DiningArea1.jpg

I like ur coffee table and carpet. that time as I was buying carpet, the sales person says normally round table goes with round carpet and square/rectangular coffee table goes with rectangular carpet. But I thought got contrast nicer?

Btw, how to care for carpet like yours?

Updates for Weekends

Basically, i am very happy with the progress and the quality of the works done so far. I must say we can thank our lucky stars that apart from minor hiccups here and there, everything's running swee swee! thanks Alan! Initially i was apprehensive about Uncle handling over the job to him, and it took me a little while to get accustom to a different style, but, i must say, he is rather meticulous and on the ball when i comes to little tiny winy requests here and there, my constant changing of ideas, (which even my FH have to tolerate), because i am a near perfectionist (if possible) :jammin: the flat is almost 70% completed, and you can literally see our beams getting wider and wider each progress. I am crossing my fingers and toes that HO date is as per his promise mid next week, with all the fittings and carpentry done this week and a big clean up. So far, faith has been growing strong, and i guess we are very blessed indeed. :) we have exactly another 55 days before our Big Day so i am counting that we can really move in by first or latest 2nd week of July after the big clean. Furniture's coming in next week and the other electrical stuff in the month end, as per our schedule. Amen!

:paint::paint: we also had a very pleasant encounter with this group of malay painters. I must say they are very meticulous and professional about their work. The head of this group (din get his name) was very accomodating and supervised his workers well, no cutting corners and all. the walls are really smooth now with a nice glow of paint!!! i'll post pictures soon! :) very minor touchs required only, eps the main gate due to the cuttings from the metal chain and the 2 foot prints imprinted on the bay window only, the rest is really ding gua gua! :jammin: the group of 5 painters finished up the flat within a day!!

The L-Box, false ceilings and cornices were up last Friday, yet an excellant job too!!! i'll post it up once the lights are up this wednesday!! :)

So whats' left :-

1) Lightings to be installed

2) Choosing of solid top for kitchen & PD doors

3) Installation of the full glass divider between living & dinning

4) installation of the full height tinted mirror at dining area

5) installation of carpentry works; shoe cabinets, wadrobe & kitchen

6) installation of bathroom works and accessories

6) acid wash and cleaning up!!!

Stay Tune!

Edited by xvirusga76

Gald to know that everything is going on as planned!!! Hope to see more updates and pics!!! Surely u will be busy, both house and wedding, do take care ya ;)