Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xvirusga76

A Place To Call Our Home @ Amk

haizz. i am not going to start renov workz today again... was really working forward, but was advised that its better for monday as the hdb officers are coming down to on tues (19th may) for inspection. well, hope we can really start on Mon and not wait till tuesday. My only concern is , i doubt it can be completed by end June with some many projects going on.. wedding's in early aug, and i need july to clean up and buy the rest of the household stuff, plus last min wedding preps. feeling super stress now..

well, i was in some shock when i rec'd the quotation from him last nite, original chinese quote was 21k but it somehow escalated to 31k after he realised a couple of things not in his firzt quote.. you can literally see my eyes growing bigger, finally he rounded off to 29k, which was still 8k from my first agreed quote.. felt that for 3rm hdb is a quite a bit, and the rates for kitchen is rather steep.

after discussion with FH overnight, we decided to just settle for one sided capentry for the kitchen and go without some other inclusions. we are still considering if we should combine the mbr toilet and common toilet into one.

the bright side is, i have this weekend to go get stuff for kitchen and toilet accessories.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
i am also thinking of decals. Ivy, will it last? I was afraid that my lil guy's "itchy hands" peel it off all the time...

tot u talking to be :P

i wanted to use this race course decals for my boys' room cos my elder boy loves car but the dad say not nice lor...... i find it quite interesting actually..........

tot u talking to be :P

i wanted to use this race course decals for my boys' room cos my elder boy loves car but the dad say not nice lor...... i find it quite interesting actually..........

actually, the colors for this race tracks are very nice! i bought him two packs, out of which there were extra cars after we finished our tracks, so FH decided that we can do a off-track or something like F1.

steps:-

1) plan the area you like to stick the decals on

2) cut on the decals into pieces (as per instructions) and soft design them on the floor

3) use a 3m tape to transfer the pieces (with the backing on) on the wall,

4) once you have a full pic of the picture, peel off out the backings one at a time

5) sweat it out in the room

6) enjoy your masterpiece :paint::paint:

personally, i felt its a rathr good bonding session with my son, we can impart them our artistic talents during the sessions or vice versa :D:P , my boy felt very proud of his :paint: at the end of 3.5 tiring hours. however, just a pointer, i do suggest to let the adults do the sticking instead, so as to minimise the chances of peeling them off for any realignations .

Edited by xvirusga76

xvirusga: try to cut down on carpentry. mine 33k cos i did a lot of hacking and some carpentry. but his quotes still lower than most ID.

Day One

After 3 days of frenzy including this morning, my renovation finally started at 10.15am when uncle finally appeared in his green van. I was getting very worried when he promised to pass me the FINAL adjusted quote on Friday evening, but to no avail. I waited till Sat evening to call him, and got worried when his phone was off. The agony of calling into a mailbox got the better of me on Sunday evening, when i couldnt reach him to confirm the timing for today at 9am (as promised). FH tried to calm me down, to have some faith that he will show up at 9am, sui sui as promised on thursday evening. HOWEVER, Much to my dismay, i couldnt reach him STILL at 9am and we have been waiting at my block since 8.30am!! oh GOD!!! :o:bangwall:

9.05AM ***RiiiNNGG*... WOW..finally it got thru!!! i really felt like i was calling Class 95 for the CANON camera clicks contest, i was totally DELIGHTED.. told uncle i am waiting since 8.30am and womdering if he REMEMBERED our appointment at 9AM. he told me..."AIYA,, where are you now... AIYA, i can only be there at 11am....." HURHHH??? 11am? I definitely did not apply any half day and thought that it would take probably an hour for the prayer and ding dongs, but looking at how it has been going so far for the morning, i have no choice but to take half day URGENT leave, (gosh cant afford to take too many, need them for honeymoon and the rest of the year.) FH was concerned that i shldnt blow too many leaves and told me not to, but , its my virgin flat, i want to be around for the first day. :~

ok, to story short, uncle finally appeared in his green van at 10.15am, much to my delight :dribble::yeah: . we went through the whole quotation and all and finally, people started streaming in .

cimg2693.th.jpg

My project will be handed over to Alan (guy in white), (i hope he is good, must have FAITH), i told uncle i have a very tight dateline and the maximum ding dongs allowed is 35 days for handover, as my wedding is in early Aug, and i need the month of July to clean up and prepare. The final quotation is SGD28k which i blew SGD1.3k on plastering the whole unit. Hubby wasnt too pleased as we needed to cut costs, unfortunately for me, I tend to have very very miniminal tolerance for inconsistencies with the walls as it IS AN OLD flat. Finally, my dear dear relented.. PHEW... :rolleyes: (thanks dear, you will NOT regret it!). Alan and Elder Goh and team of demolitions came up respectively at 11am. The latter was responsible in the simple prayer ceremonial and the 2 ah nehs ( elder gohs calls them that! :P) dutifully startd the process of dismantling the cupboards. The symbolic knock on the marble floor came about at 11.45am, and the one of the AH neh started DRILLING!!! :wub::rofl:

Before the damage

cimg2691.th.jpg

the Aftermath

snc00429.th.jpg

gosh, i was ESCALATED.. finally!! the pieces are FINALLY coming together!!!! i'll post the pics up later, as i do not have a sd card reader available in the office. thanks everyone for your well wishes. i am crossing all my toes and fingers that everything is SUI SUI nowonz :) uncle left my flat with alan at 11.30 to someone else, and the sky's starting looming, looks like its a heavy downpour in the city area. uncle came up and said he LOST HIS VAN KEYS! oh oh.. now he's stuck at my place..i wonder whoz going to be delayed next...

***btw, i also passed some messages to uncle that he's wanted by everyone, and he says :" so scary, i am being tracked!" ahahahaha.. i said, we are your LIVE GPS, :) ***

5.30PM

FH went back to spot check, and found that no workers were in sight. Whats left is the debris left outside my flat, the main door dismantled, and neighbours could literally see the mayhem from outside, and the LIGHT WAS ON! we diligently off the light to save electricity, i should will remind FH to warn Uncle about this.

9.30PM

Popped over after work to check if the debris has been cleared, hmm... much to my dismay, all the debris (whats left from the dismantling) are still outside my unit!! wonder if my neighbours will complain...

Only the kitchen floors and partial living room has been hacked today... i'll update my blog tomorrow and hope the walls are down by then..

Edited by xvirusga76

CONGRATULATIONS! haha aiyah at least he appeared today. for mine, he didn't even appear on the first day.. no one appeared in fact then when I called he said the next day then hack! haha

Congrats!!!!

Glad it still started today! I was quite worried when Growler said u are still waiting for Uncle. I kaypo called Uncle for u and told him u were waiting!

Hopefully things will be swee swee for u from now :)

thanks to Ivy, Pink Petter, Family of 4 and Growler for your well wishes!

one qn, uncle says the PD door alot of probs, ask me not to use them, anyone else has such problems?

thanks to Ivy, Pink Petter, Family of 4 and Growler for your well wishes!

one qn, uncle says the PD door alot of probs, ask me not to use them, anyone else has such problems?

what problems? how come he never tell me? I think mrspiglet is using...i use PD door for my common toilet. if Not good, I will change. do not wise to have many problems.

hmm.. he was advising me earlier today when i was confirming the quotation. told us that he kenna lots of complains about the door and the tracks, till he said, he was adv me to take bifold doors, so thats why i would like to check with those using it, any probs so far?

Day One

After 3 days of frenzy including this morning, my renovation finally started at 10.15am when uncle finally appeared in his green van. I was getting very worried when he promised to pass me the FINAL adjusted quote on Friday evening, but to no avail. I waited till Sat evening to call him, and got worried when his phone was off. The agony of calling into a mailbox got the better of me on Sunday evening, when i couldnt reach him to confirm the timing for today at 9am (as promised). FH tried to calm me down, to have some faith that he will show up at 9am, sui sui as promised on thursday evening. HOWEVER, Much to my dismay, i couldnt reach him STILL at 9am and we have been waiting at my block since 8.30am!! oh GOD!!! :o:bangwall:

9.05AM ***RiiiNNGG*... WOW..finally it got thru!!! i really felt like i was calling Class 95 for the CANON camera clicks contest, i was totally DELIGHTED.. told uncle i am waiting since 8.30am and womdering if he REMEMBERED our appointment at 9AM. he told me..."AIYA,, where are you now... AIYA, i can only be there at 11am....." HURHHH??? 11am? I definitely did not apply any half day and thought that it would take probably an hour for the prayer and ding dongs, but looking at how it has been going so far for the morning, i have no choice but to take half day URGENT leave, (gosh cant afford to take too many, need them for honeymoon and the rest of the year.) FH was concerned that i shldnt blow too many leaves and told me not to, but , its my virgin flat, i want to be around for the first day. :~

ok, to story short, uncle finally appeared in his green van at 10.15am, much to my delight :dribble::yeah: . we went through the whole quotation and all and finally, people started streaming in . My project will be handed over to Alan, (i hope he is good, must have FAITH), i told uncle i have a very tight dateline and the maximum ding dongs allowed is 35 days for handover, as my wedding is in early Aug, and i need the month of July to clean up and prepare. The final quotation is SGD28k which i blew SGD1.3k on plastering the whole unit. Hubby wasnt too pleased as we needed to cut costs, but i have very very miniminal tolerance for inconsistencies with the walls as it IS AN OLD flat. Finally, my dear dear relented.. PHEW... :rolleyes: (thanks dear, you will NOT regret it!). Alan and Elder Goh and team of demolitions came up respectively at 11am. The latter was responsible in the simple prayer ceremonial and the 2 ah nehs ( elder gohs calls them that! :P) dutifully startd the process of dismantling the cupboards. The symbolic knock on the marble floor came about at 11.45am, and the one of the AH neh started DRILLING!!! :wub::rofl:

***btw, i also passed some messages to uncle that he's wanted by everyone, and he says :" so scary, i am being tracked!" ahahahaha.. i said, we are your LIVE GPS, :) ***

yo, he left for my hse as I saw him in Alan's car around 12pm today :)

yup, we can do online tracking of uncle.

i just called uncle and he told me abouit PD door issue. it is the trck and some complained it is filmsy. So i quickly told him i wana change to frosed glass door instead. Do not want bifold as Hubby dislike. also problems with track after pro-longed usage. So we changed it to glass door instead.

yo, he left for my hse as I saw him in Alan's car around 12pm today :)

yup, we can do online tracking of uncle.

looks like we are the two new kids on the block this week, btw, is your project under Uncle or Alan?? Mine's been transferred to Alan though it wasnt what he promised on thursday. found alan's quotations are much pricer, hmmm... :unsure: i certaintly hope uncle will still be the major shots caller, he IS after all the FIRST person i contacted..

looks like we are the two new kids on the block this week, btw, is your project under Uncle or Alan?? Mine's been transferred to Alan though it wasnt what he promised on thursday. found alan's quotations are much pricer, hmmm... :unsure: i certaintly hope uncle will still be the major shots caller, he IS after all the FIRST person i contacted..

he will be ...just give uncle a call and feedback about the price...:)