Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
joyce_loi75

Need Advice On Quotation For 4a Hdb Flat

Me a first-time house owner. Just bought a resale 20 years old 4A flat (108 sq ft). Need advice from the regulars here whether the quotation is reasonable. Many thanks.

DESCRIPTION AMOUNT

1 To supply & lay 600x600mm homogeneous floor tiles for living room, 3 bedrooms & $5,000

entrance steps c/w skirting.(super gloss)

2 To construct a 'L' shape kitchen cabinet base & a fridge base with homogeneous tiles finishing. $350.00

3 To supply & lay ceramic floor tiles for kitchen c/w waterproofing works. $1,200.00

4 To supply & lay full height wall tiles for kitchen. $2,600.00

5 To supply & lay ceramic floor tiles for 2 toilet c/w waterproofing works. $800.00

6 To supply & lay full height wall tiles for 2 toilet. $2,600.00

7 To supply & install stainless steel piping for whole house. $580.00

8 To supply & install aluminium sliding door at kitchen. (WPC c/w frosted panel) $300.00

9 To construct hollow block wall for 2 bathrooms with tiles finishing for the purpose of shower $300.00

screen & wash basin.

10 To supply & install 2 nos sitting bowl & wash basin c/w normal tap for toilet. $900.00

11 To supply & install 2 sets tempered glass shower screen c/w 1 fixed panel for 2 bathrooms. $960.00

12 To construct 2 nos shower kerb for 2 bathrooms. $150.00

13 To supply & install new slim type rubbish chute. $200.00

14 To re-size existing kitchen entrance & to seal up existing altar hole. $200.00

15 To supply & install solid nyatoh door for main entrance. $480.00

16 To supply & install 1 set wrought iron main gate. $420.00

17 To supply & install 3 nos solid nyatoh door for 3 bedrooms. $750.00

18 To seal up existing store room top & to supply & install a nyatoh wooden door c/w louver $350.00

top for ventilation purpose.

19 To supply labour to install 2 nos instant heater & toilet accessories. $150.00

20 To dismantle existing 2 bathroom door frames & patch up. $300.00

21 To supply & install 2 nos aluminium bi-fold door for 2 bathrooms. $360.00

22 To supply & install WPC sliding window c/w green glass for living room, $2,300.00

2 bedrooms & kitchen, & casement window for master bedroom.

23 To supply & install WPC adjustable louver window for 2 bathrooms. $320.00

24 To supply & install WPC square design grilles for whole house windows. $1,250.00

25 To plaster wall & ceiling for 3 bedrooms, kitchen & 2 bathrooms including touch-up of existing $1,300.00

plastering **** room.

26 Painting of whole house using ICI Pentalite paint (ceiling in white) & all existing pvc piping $1,200.00

with enamel paint.

27 To supply & install simple cornice for living room & 3 bedrooms including 'L' box to cover $850.00

gas/water piping.

28 To supply & install system 1 to 3 Panasonic air-con c/w bracket. $2,080.00

(Model : cu-3c20hkh / price include half inch insulation)

29 General work as follows :- $2,800.00

a Hacking of floor tiles for living, 3 bedrooms, kitchen & 2 toilet.

b Hacking of wall tiles for kitchen & 2 toilet.

c Hacking of existing cabinets, stove, window, wc & basins, furnitures.

30 Electrical wiring works as follows :- Quantity Unit Price Total

a lighting points 10 $30.00 $300.00

b single socket 8 $35.00 $280.00

c double socket 7 $60.00 $420.00

d telephone point 3 $40.00 $120.00

e air-con point 1 $80.00 $80.00

f heater point 2 $80.00 $160.00

g SCV point 4 $70.00 $280.00

h MCB Box 1 $300.00 $300.00

I fitting of lightings (by owner) 10 $10.00 $100.00

j Install ceiling fan 1 $40.00 $40.00

Total $33,130.00

DESCRIPTION AMOUNT

To fabricate & install following carpentary works with laminated finishing c/w ABS trimming:-

1 To construct L1.5 m full height cabinet for dustbin-chute & to box up existing pvc pipe with $1,000.00

open door for storage purposes.

2 To construct a L3.6 m top & bottom kitchen cabinet. $2,400.00

3 To supply & install L12 ft solid surface kitchen top. $840.00

4 To construct a L2.1 m full height store cabinet for microwave & oven. $1,400.00

5 To construct a L2.1 m full height wardrobe with open door for bedroom 3. $1,400.00

6 To construct a L3.6 m full height wardrobe c/w 1/2 frosted glass sliding doors for master $2,280.00

bedroom.

Total Sum $9,320.00

Total amount: $42,450

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

A bit too expensive.

Just to list down a few items that are marked up by more than 100% above the contractor price:

1. 2x Fixed Shower screen glass Panel: $960 (up 100%)

2. General work as follows (Hacking) :- $2,800.00 (up 100%)

3. Plaster Wall and Ceiling: $1,300 (up 100%)

4. Slim type rubbish chute: $200 (up 100%)

Electric/Windows/Doors work are still reasonable priced.

Typically, the marked-up cost go into the ID work, but are they charging you for any design work?

Edited by rendell

I've approached contractors & ID. So far, contractors (no design) quote me around this price while ID much higher. Everyone told me that they are giving me better quality materials, not sure can trust or not :dunno: . Read some of the threads here, seems everyone get better deals than me. Headache... :bangwall:

I'm hoping to reduce down to 35K. Would that be reasonable?

Just saw on news today, contractors are going outta jobs but why are we still paying such high prices. My contractor fly kite me like 2x in a row and tells me today "Eh...sorry i can't make it today again. Why not I don't do your business?" WT*??!!!

I say if you can wait lets starve them awhile and let them come to their sense to finally lower the price. Like they say, now is the time to rob as many as u can who knows what happen. If the news is true, head down punggol n see if any contractors are touting there... hee hee

I've approached contractors & ID. So far, contractors (no design) quote me around this price while ID much higher. Everyone told me that they are giving me better quality materials, not sure can trust or not :dunno: . Read some of the threads here, seems everyone get better deals than me. Headache... :bangwall:

I'm hoping to reduce down to 35K. Would that be reasonable?

Hi,

I think you really need to go through the list again and ask yourself, do you need some of the items there?? ... although it is good to have, but most of the things is not necessary. :)

How many quotes did you get so far?

Ren

Just saw on news today, contractors are going outta jobs but why are we still paying such high prices. My contractor fly kite me like 2x in a row and tells me today "Eh...sorry i can't make it today again. Why not I don't do your business?" WT*??!!!

I say if you can wait lets starve them awhile and let them come to their sense to finally lower the price. Like they say, now is the time to rob as many as u can who knows what happen. If the news is true, head down punggol n see if any contractors are touting there... hee hee

Maybe the one that you are engaging is really busy. They must be pretty popular :P

Hi Ren

I've been to 10 reno companies. All gave me the same thing.....maybe they see me as "flesh meat", try to slash me like crazy.... :deal: This list was my 4th revised list, cut down alot of carpentary works like display cabinet, tv console, wall feature, shoe cabinet etc. I wish I can cut down more but my resale flat is 20 years old, alot of things had to be done like windows/grilles, rewiring, kitchen cabinet, wardrobes etc. These alone cost me a bomb :jawdrop: I'm meeting the contractors again. Will see again whether I can forgo some of the items to meet my budget. Thanks.

Hi Fanzander

Saw the news. I had the same thought too, economic bad = things get cheaper. Seems not true for us.....

Guess wat, I'll was staring hard at the tv then to see if i can recognise any of the contactors. Kekekekekeke..

Me a first-time house owner. Just bought a resale 20 years old 4A flat (108 sq ft). Need advice from the regulars here whether the quotation is reasonable. Many thanks.

DESCRIPTION AMOUNT

1 To supply & lay 600x600mm homogeneous floor tiles for living room, 3 bedrooms & $5,000

entrance steps c/w skirting.(super gloss)

2 To construct a 'L' shape kitchen cabinet base & a fridge base with homogeneous tiles finishing. $350.00

3 To supply & lay ceramic floor tiles for kitchen c/w waterproofing works. $1,200.00

4 To supply & lay full height wall tiles for kitchen. $2,600.00

5 To supply & lay ceramic floor tiles for 2 toilet c/w waterproofing works. $800.00

6 To supply & lay full height wall tiles for 2 toilet. $2,600.00

7 To supply & install stainless steel piping for whole house. $580.00

8 To supply & install aluminium sliding door at kitchen. (WPC c/w frosted panel) $300.00

9 To construct hollow block wall for 2 bathrooms with tiles finishing for the purpose of shower $300.00

screen & wash basin.

10 To supply & install 2 nos sitting bowl & wash basin c/w normal tap for toilet. $900.00

11 To supply & install 2 sets tempered glass shower screen c/w 1 fixed panel for 2 bathrooms. $960.00

12 To construct 2 nos shower kerb for 2 bathrooms. $150.00

13 To supply & install new slim type rubbish chute. $200.00

14 To re-size existing kitchen entrance & to seal up existing altar hole. $200.00

15 To supply & install solid nyatoh door for main entrance. $480.00

16 To supply & install 1 set wrought iron main gate. $420.00

17 To supply & install 3 nos solid nyatoh door for 3 bedrooms. $750.00

[18 To seal up existing store room top & to supply & install a nyatoh wooden door c/w louver $350.00

top for ventilation purpose.

19 To supply labour to install 2 nos instant heater & toilet accessories. $150.00

ask for FOC.

20 To dismantle existing 2 bathroom door frames & patch up. $300.00

u may want to ask dismantle cabinet for whole house/aircon unit/grille/lourve windows/WC/sinks as one lump.

21 To supply & install 2 nos aluminium bi-fold door for 2 bathrooms. $360.00

22 To supply & install WPC sliding window c/w green glass for living room, $2,300.00

2 bedrooms & kitchen, & casement window for master bedroom.

23 To supply & install WPC adjustable louver window for 2 bathrooms. $320.00

My contractor says double window ones cost 180, else it'll be 90 bucks

24 To supply & install WPC square design grilles for whole house windows. $1,250.00

25 To plaster wall & ceiling for 3 bedrooms, kitchen & 2 bathrooms including touch-up of existing $1,300.00

plastering **** room.

26 Painting of whole house using ICI Pentalite paint (ceiling in white) & all existing pvc piping $1,200.00

with enamel paint.

27 To supply & install simple cornice for living room & 3 bedrooms including 'L' box to cover $850.00

gas/water piping.

28 To supply & install system 1 to 3 Panasonic air-con c/w bracket. $2,080.00

(Model : cu-3c20hkh / price include half inch insulation)

29 General work as follows :- $2,800.00

a Hacking of floor tiles for living, 3 bedrooms, kitchen & 2 toilet.

b Hacking of wall tiles for kitchen & 2 toilet.

c Hacking of existing cabinets, stove, window, wc & basins, furnitures.

30 Electrical wiring works as follows :- Quantity Unit Price Total

a lighting points 10 $30.00 $300.00

b single socket 8 $35.00 $280.00

c double socket 7 $60.00 $420.00

d telephone point 3 $40.00 $120.00

e air-con point 1 $80.00 $80.00

f heater point 2 $80.00 $160.00

g SCV point 4 $70.00 $280.00

h MCB Box 1 $300.00 $300.00

I fitting of lightings (by owner) 10 $10.00 $100.00

j Install ceiling fan 1 $40.00 $40.00

Total $33,130.00

DESCRIPTION AMOUNT

To fabricate & install following carpentary works with laminated finishing c/w ABS trimming:-

1 To construct L1.5 m full height cabinet for dustbin-chute & to box up existing pvc pipe with $1,000.00

open door for storage purposes.

2 To construct a L3.6 m top & bottom kitchen cabinet. $2,400.00

3 To supply & install L12 ft solid surface kitchen top. $840.00

4 To construct a L2.1 m full height store cabinet for microwave & oven. $1,400.00

5 To construct a L2.1 m full height wardrobe with open door for bedroom 3. $1,400.00

6 To construct a L3.6 m full height wardrobe c/w 1/2 frosted glass sliding doors for master $2,280.00

bedroom.

Generally carpentry works looks ok but what's the length for 1.? it looks expensive.

Total Sum $9,320.00

Total amount: $42,450

For tiles maybe you want to ask psf price and if there's a refund.

from your quote i think ur floor area for living is quite huge, that's why tiling is 5k?

Edited by fondue_

Hi Ren

I've been to 10 reno companies. All gave me the same thing.....maybe they see me as "flesh meat", try to slash me like crazy.... :deal: This list was my 4th revised list, cut down alot of carpentary works like display cabinet, tv console, wall feature, shoe cabinet etc. I wish I can cut down more but my resale flat is 20 years old, alot of things had to be done like windows/grilles, rewiring, kitchen cabinet, wardrobes etc. These alone cost me a bomb :jawdrop: I'm meeting the contractors again. Will see again whether I can forgo some of the items to meet my budget. Thanks.

Hi Fanzander

Saw the news. I had the same thought too, economic bad = things get cheaper. Seems not true for us.....

Guess wat, I'll was staring hard at the tv then to see if i can recognise any of the contactors. Kekekekekeke..

Hi Joyce,

Maybe you would like to break up the items to look for separate contractors. Skip the ID, usually ID mark up at least 20 - 30% on the contracting work. For example, your electricial work you can look for electrician to do. Then air con, try gain city when they have discount. All these id sometime also look for them. Yours is resale so contractors need to do more things i.e hack existing tiles. Thats why expensive.

Mine is a new house, they still charge me $35K. You see the trick of them is, after you sign the package, when the actual work start they will still add some items in, so if my package is 35K, i expect an additional work of 1 - 3K extra.

Look around, do what you need. Keep your budget there, choose the one you like best, tell them your budget, if they cant meet....too bad. Now is consumer say so be that way. By the way, I am a contractor too so I know.

Hi Joyce,

Maybe you would like to break up the items to look for separate contractors. Skip the ID, usually ID mark up at least 20 - 30% on the contracting work. For example, your electricial work you can look for electrician to do. Then air con, try gain city when they have discount. All these id sometime also look for them. Yours is resale so contractors need to do more things i.e hack existing tiles. Thats why expensive.

Mine is a new house, they still charge me $35K. You see the trick of them is, after you sign the package, when the actual work start they will still add some items in, so if my package is 35K, i expect an additional work of 1 - 3K extra.

Look around, do what you need. Keep your budget there, choose the one you like best, tell them your budget, if they cant meet....too bad. Now is consumer say so be that way. By the way, I am a contractor too so I know.

Hi Dean, What sort of contracting work do you specialize?

Thanks everyone for your great help. Will keep in mind your advices when I negotiate with the contractors.

I've decided to forgo some of the items like full height cabinet - L1.5m for boxing up the rubbish cute & storage (seems not really necessary since I've a storeroom), shower screen in common toilet (I have a baby who still uses in his bathtub), dropping the white powder-coated window and grilles for brown aluminium... I think I really need to look at my flat again and think hard what is essential!

Thanks everyone! Really appreciate your kindness :thumbs up:

Hi Ren

I need some advice. Is it common for contractors not to give a breakdown price list? Thanks.

Yes. Honestly, it is very lay chey especially for those older generation contractors who knows the price by heart and don't use computer. Normally quote lump sum based on experience. (which at times more accurate than those who list down the items)

Different generation bah, if you make them break down the price list into small details they feel that you don't trust them ah. :P