Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ivy

Our New Place @ Clementi

Hi,

I am finding a contractor for new house. Do you mind PM me Ah Soon contact? Thanks in advance.

Hi Ivy or anyone, kindly PM me the contact of Ah Soon - HP and address. BTW what is the name of his company? Thank you.

ohh sorry for late reply. I think metalsubzero has pm u guys the no. but i heard from fannie today uncle's phone got problem. If u guys can't get him today, do try again tomorrow. :)

His company name is Fu Hua Interior Design i think

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Went up to check my place and buy food for the tilers. They are tiling the toilet floors now and will also start tiling the access area outside. FINAL DECISION, this time really final, hubby changed his mind again and yes we gonna have wall tiles for kitchen after all...

Spent the whole day today to hunt for wall light for my access area. Our access area is small and thus we do not need a very bright light, plus our water feature will have light also. FSM advice us to use cosy lighting at that area and suggested yellow lighting.

After going to so many places, finally tracked down this light. I'm taking the one on the right, cos I need yellow colour at that area. If I have a choice I actually prefer the silver one..

DSC01227.jpg

I do not want to use the traditional lantern looking kind of wall light. Very happy to find this and at a reasonable price of $90.

eh...nice leh...but the holes hor...easily trap dust ma? I saw a few I love...actually still thinking of changing my 2 common room lightings but i no time to go see see look look liao! sigh

eh...nice leh...but the holes hor...easily trap dust ma? I saw a few I love...actually still thinking of changing my 2 common room lightings but i no time to go see see look look liao! sigh

aiyah....... forgot all abt the dust part. hahahahah but nvm.. the light is actually very small. about 1 palm size. can take the cover out and run it under the tap then dry it to prevent it from rusting

Ivy, This light is really quite nice. Have you choose the wall tiles already?

yah chosen! done today too. It wasn't difficult. I wanted 300x600 white tile. there's only 2 types which is plain. one is white and glossy the other is white, gloss and with abit of texture. i chose the one with a bit of texture.

yah chosen! done today too. It wasn't difficult. I wanted 300x600 white tile. there's only 2 types which is plain. one is white and glossy the other is white, gloss and with abit of texture. i chose the one with a bit of texture.

wah very fast hor .. remember to post a picture when the tile is up :)

wah very fast hor .. remember to post a picture when the tile is up :)

sure sure. at first tilers told me can be completed today, but i think i fed them too well they took too long coffee breaks hahahah progress not as fast as expected, now completion of tiling date changed to thursday. But i am ok. I rather they take their own time to do a good job :)

can u believe my bedroom light is like yours but its brown & rounded? just to let u know, its too dark for me! hence i had to take out the "covering" and leave 3 naked bulbs dangling around and justify it to friends who ask me that its an industrial inspired piece!

so if u want cosy, its okay. if not, pls reconsider. cos in the light shop, u cant tell since alot of other lights are on at the same time, it looks nice. when u bring it home, its another story. :(

washing? i just dunk it into a small pail of water and spin it around (like how WM spins your clothes) then leave it to dry.

can u believe my bedroom light is like yours but its brown & rounded? just to let u know, its too dark for me! hence i had to take out the "covering" and leave 3 naked bulbs dangling around and justify it to friends who ask me that its an industrial inspired piece!

so if u want cosy, its okay. if not, pls reconsider. cos in the light shop, u cant tell since alot of other lights are on at the same time, it looks nice. when u bring it home, its another story. :(

washing? i just dunk it into a small pail of water and spin it around (like how WM spins your clothes) then leave it to dry.

Hi aubrey I know what you mean. I am quite sure that this light won't be bright enough as main illumination. however my access area is really small and I'll have corridor light thrown into the area as the new lift lobby will be just right outside the gate. FSM advice is for that area not to have too bright lights. I am considering to incoporate some lights into my shoe cabinet as well.

I'll not be doing much outside except wear shoes. If after installing really too dark hor.. then will then go hunt for another. ohh my water feature also got light.

well then it shld be fine. now i am stuck with this light. dunno if i can sell it or something.. so annoyed with it!!

OH! do u mean the extended area where your main door is? or ur balcony? haha i peeked into your house after going to wendy's. yr windows are a little scary tho. the wall there is way too low! it is only up to my hips..can anything be done bout it?

well then it shld be fine. now i am stuck with this light. dunno if i can sell it or something.. so annoyed with it!!

OH! do u mean the extended area where your main door is? or ur balcony? haha i peeked into your house after going to wendy's. yr windows are a little scary tho. the wall there is way too low! it is only up to my hips..can anything be done bout it?

yah it's to replace the latern looking light right outside my main door.

I guess nothing much can be done, cos the previous owner level up the balcony in line with the living room floor. but not worries, I'm installing window grilles. I am pretending that I have full length windows :x always wanted that.. but my last place dun have now still dun have... :(

ya do get grilles! its quite scary. or either that u can create a jap style kind of seating area where u get a platform there in wood and have some cushions. put tatami and then create cosy corner! but of cos its quite pricey.. :P

ya do get grilles! its quite scary. or either that u can create a jap style kind of seating area where u get a platform there in wood and have some cushions. put tatami and then create cosy corner! but of cos its quite pricey.. :P

actually wanted to do a platform.. but that will mean that i am bringing my floor level even higher. So i guess I better not do. Now hor i know where to put my lounge chair le ;p i'll wait till works are completed, bring in the main furnitures then start to plan what else i can get so tat the house won't look too empty hehehe