Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ivy

Our New Place @ Clementi

I was reading your situations... then it dawned on me why it didn't happen to me... cos when Uncle was doing my quotations, he still had a fax machine and he had the original chinese quote while I had the faxed copies... heh.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I also experience the same thing. You just need to point out to him. And he re-quote, and re-quote until we get several versions. :) :)

Ivy, ya lor... I will share the view across my flat....... hahaha... then I more 'gian' for white windows.

Actually what we did was to ask for the initial english version (which he got his son to type out), and we continue editing from it. This gave us more flexibility to change.

Edited by Smallboy

i also had the same encounter...but if we spot the difference, he will use the lower amount that he quoted. so his chinese version i literally look thru line by line...

omg, so it's not something unusual that happen to me!!!!

my wtb and i were wondering if it's such a gd idea to let uncle soon do our renovations since he is so 'blur' even on the quotations.

phew, what a relief :P

we also quite honest, we told him what he quoted previously.

didnt cheat him on tt

omg, so it's not something unusual that happen to me!!!!

my wtb and i were wondering if it's such a gd idea to let uncle soon do our renovations since he is so 'blur' even on the quotations.

phew, what a relief :P

we also quite honest, we told him what he quoted previously.

didnt cheat him on tt

ahaha bodo, you can go back and assure ur wtb that this is his SOP. I must say uncle is not best at project management but he is best at giving good price and of course he is really nice and he takes pride in his work and to me he is honest. I hv more faith in him than an evil ID that i met 6 years ago. So if you and wtb confirm getting him, do prepare to chip in on the project management part.

Like today the tiler saw me told me :" heng ahh yesterday you came, if not we will have used the wrong tiles for the toilet wall." if I pay PM fees to ID and this kinda thing happen, I'll jump! but since I pay lesser, my expectation on that part also lower, so I am ok with self project management.

Actually I feel safer talking to the workers directly. I think I'm part control-freak cos I'm worried if I tell a middle man something, he might convey it to the worker differently and things will turn out different.

I agree with ivy on the expectation part. I guess if I pay top dollar, I will expect an ID to do everything and I just move in when it's time. :P

Ivy, I came back from peeking at your place.

your MBR toilet is very nice.... i love the expensive tiles. gorgeous, luxurious, beautiful... dont know how to describe liao. :good::good::good:

Edited by Smallboy

Pet nah nah it's here!!

IMG_0402.jpg

Wendy I went up after work and the first thing I do is to chiong to MBR toilet to take a peek on how the atas tiles will turn out. So far I like!! but still heart pain the money lor... so how couldn't get a clearer pic of the tiles. I'm so lucky to have an additional supervisor to spot check the workers hahahaha

Living room floor tiles

IMG_0398.jpg

Sealed up MBR toilet door and the new entrance

DSC01213.jpg

Aubrey I took the below photo for you. White window frame!!

DSC01215.jpg

wow wow your toilet tiles very nice....the tiles you use for the living room is 800 by 800 kind? looks very classy!!!

wow wow your toilet tiles very nice....the tiles you use for the living room is 800 by 800 kind? looks very classy!!!

hmmm i'm not sure what is the size. I remembered it as 600 x 600 but when i saw the tile, it somehow looks bigger than the usual 600 x 600. I'll check with the tilers tomorrow when i go up. I ever toyed with the idea of using 800 x 800, but sales girl told me if my floor area is not big it won't look nice.. so I also not sure whether I ended up ordering 600 x 600 or 800 x800. See??? I said I was not a detailed person already :P everything forget....

Very nice from the photo... but it's still different seeing it LIVE!!! I love the white window frames too!

Pet you are welcome to visit! anytime!

wa ivy very kind of u!! and your bathroom tiles are really nice! u got it from SL or LSH? i didnt see those.. looking at your tiles makes me feel like changing mine. :P

and i was telling uncle i think i want white frames for my windows, but he said not very good for me cos i have a corridor right outside, he said if anyone scratches my windows, the white color will come off. oh no how! dilemma now.

should i still get white or get the standard silver color? or can i half it? white on the inside for me to enjoy, silver on the outside to have it scratch-proof? must check with uncle. :notti: