Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
colortv

Joint Between Laminate And Tiles Flooring

my laminate flooring for my bedrooms have been completed. but i noticed that they are using 't joint' pvc type of joint between my tiles and laminates. the joints look thick and ugly..and i requested for stainless strip type of joint.

however, my id advised that due to the nature of how the laminates were laid, they need the big t joint to 'press' the laminates to flush with the tiles. he mentioned that by using a stainless steel joint, the laminate and tiles may be uneven. he mentioned that he can change to s/s type, but advised me to use the ugly t joint instead.

can any kind soul advise if this is true? thanks a million!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Can't advise you on this though I am using the T-joint pvc type for my house. It is used at the edge between my living room's Terrazzo flooring & bedroom's laminated flooring.

This T-joint is chosen with the same colour as my laminated flooring, which makes it not so obvious. If you were to choose s/s, will its silver colour match with your laminates & tiles?

Also, as s/s is a kind of metal, even a blunt edge will cause blue-blacks when your toes knock against it. PVC feels safer IMHO.

Can't advise you on this though I am using the T-joint pvc type for my house. It is used at the edge between my living room's Terrazezo flooring & bedroom's laminated flooring.

This T-joint is chosen with the same colour as my laminated flooring, which makes it not so obvious. If you were to choose s/s, will its silver colour match with your laminates & tiles?

Also, as s/s is a kind of metal, even a blunt edge will cause blue-blacks when your toes knock against it. PVC feels safer IMHO.

thanks yokine9a for your reply. :) Yes, the t joint that i'm using has the same colour as my laminate. i guess it is more obvious in my case because i'm using white laminate.

i've seen s/s joint on a parquet flooring before..the joint is only approx 5mm and flushes with both flooring.whereas the t joint is easily 20mm..and bulged out. u can see the 'hump' from far.

as for the blunt edge of the s/s edge, that is our main concern. just curious if anyone has tried a s/s joint on laminate and if it will really have a uneven finishing.

thanks yokine9a for your reply. :) Yes, the t joint that i'm using has the same colour as my laminate. i guess it is more obvious in my case because i'm using white laminate.

i've seen s/s joint on a parquet flooring before..the joint is only approx 5mm and flushes with both flooring.whereas the t joint is easily 20mm..and bulged out. u can see the 'hump' from far.

as for the blunt edge of the s/s edge, that is our main concern. just curious if anyone has tried a s/s joint on laminate and if it will really have a uneven finishing.

I'm using laminate and tiles also....

My T-joint is also laminate colour. And the joint is rather flat.... not so obvious lah.

got a slight hump, but its not that ugly. rather flat....

the older types are really ugly and its like a rectangular block. Now the new type is already very nice.... got hump but its flat.

where did u see the s/s types? in shopping malls? someone's home?