Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fondue_

New Home @ Yishun

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

fondue! excellent ! nice kitchen!! looks like your house is turning out fine! dun feel depressed k :)

saw the ceiling lights in your kitchen, and realised we bought the samE! did you buy the biggest size or the medium one? coz we both hav the same long type of kitchens..bought it at designer's lighting at balestier..

there is an area between cooker and sink for preparation work.

the measurements for? is that what you want?

bottom cabinet: 17ft

top cabinet: 12ft

we will be there from 10am to 3pm

I think XBB is referring to the workspace measurement. That will be 40cm on the left of the sink for preparation that needs washing, 60cm in between sink and range for chopping and cutting, and 30cm on the right of the range for sauce and oil. Main preparation area will be the 60cm space, not too far apart so that it is easier to reach the sink when cooking yet big enough to fit in 2 large cutting board. The refrigerator is just opposite the sink, this layout is built and design based on the kitchen work triangle. These workstations are closed to each other to minimized traveling time between them.

fondue!! so nice! i dont care, over-riding my mom on this! i want the lights for my kitchen! but only under the top cabi cos we're doing full till floor bottom cabi. just want to ask u, is it a choir to change the light bulbs be it for both top and bottom? and the lights are all controlled by 2 switches? so niceeeeee!

fondue!! so nice! i dont care, over-riding my mom on this! i want the lights for my kitchen! but only under the top cabi cos we're doing full till floor bottom cabi. just want to ask u, is it a choir to change the light bulbs be it for both top and bottom? and the lights are all controlled by 2 switches? so niceeeeee!

You can ask the electrician to setup the switches anyway you want, either controlled all the lights by single switch or seperate them and place the switches at their respective position. Light bulb is standard T5 light, very easy to change. Just remove from the clip and replace, like normal ceiling florescent light. If the space that you wanna install lights is less than 1 feet, you can't use T5 cos the shortest is 1 feet. However you can use halogen light, but it will be a bit hot. Halogen is commonly called spotlight, you can find that usually on hood that come with built-in ilumination.

hi fondue,

very nice kitchen, the lightings really make a difference.

how many T5 did you have to use?

and how much is the ceiling light from extreme? you took the biggest one right?

You can ask the electrician to setup the switches anyway you want, either controlled all the lights by single switch or seperate them and place the switches at their respective position. Light bulb is standard T5 light, very easy to change. Just remove from the clip and replace, like normal ceiling florescent light. If the space that you wanna install lights is less than 1 feet, you can't use T5 cos the shortest is 1 feet. However you can use halogen light, but it will be a bit hot. Halogen is commonly called spotlight, you can find that usually on hood that come with built-in ilumination.

thanks for responding. ok noted. i will check with the shops for price of t5. i think its more practical to control all lights by single switch, or am i wrong?

aubrey, depending on how u want your lightings to be like. I will use a swtich to control 2 or max 3 lights for my house. U can check with uncle on this if u are not certain, he can give u some advise :)

we took 3 lengths of T5, we have about 26+ of T5 bought for the whole house.

Kitchen used about 4-5 T5, i think... haha

yes we took the biggest ceiling light, is about 120 i think?? have to go dig out receipt.

Hi fondue, I have been tracking your t-blog for a while now and that's a very beautiful kitchen!

May i know what is the material provided by uncle ah soon for the interior of your kitchen? White PVC?

And also for your really huge and stunning WIW, what is the material for the interior? Looks orangey, issit the so-called Polyken?

Pardon my blurness, cos me and wifey have been talking to a few IDs and they provide different materials for the interior....

Anyway my wifey is Ling02, I think she PM-ed you :)

Edited by Bon07