Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fondue_

New Home @ Yishun

Hi fondue,

can i check with u that does Ah soon provide acid washing? And is acid washing supposed to clean up all the "silicon, cement, glue, paint, residue from adhesive tape, grout sealer over the whole house"? Or issit after the contractor's acid washing, we still have to clean up all the mess ourselves?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

yes tats my question too. I tot after the reno, there is suppose to be acid wash for the whole hse? but for my case, i see the workers jus using normal cleaning agents. is this the case? i hv been cleaning my hse for the past 2 weeks and its still so dusty and all the remaining residue....

there is i remember once after all tiles are up but i dunno what's the extent of the cleaning?

we were there at the last few days like a supervisor asking the ah neh to clean here and there but end of it still have residue. the 2nd time i see he use acid wash only on the foyer tiles. hmm...

wah, why he only use on foyer and not all?...maybe you should clarify with uncle ah soon.

Hmm, now i wonder if your case of having to clean the house after the acid washing is a norm or just your case? Cos i have been having the impression that after the so-called acid washing and general cleaning, the house shld be at least without all those glue and cement stains, maybe just dust or some sandy particles.

I will try to ask my IDs...and update u all...

ashes, u should clarify with uncle. Seeing both your and fondue's it really reminds me to be more diligent in monitoring the progress... :~

from what i heard, acid cleaning supposed to remove everything coz its stronger....the salesperson at Hafary was telling me that as one of the tiles i chose will need more care when acid wash....

ashes, u should clarify with uncle. Seeing both your and fondue's it really reminds me to be more diligent in monitoring the progress... :~

blame me on being such a noooob in reno. i dun exactly know what is acid wash actually and i only have 1 ah neh cleaning the hse then plus i couldnt get ah soon n jason so i jus tot the ah neh knows wat he is doing....

now i actually felt quite relieved tat we did such a small reno wif very few carpentrys, with all these drama going on i would really :bangwall::bangwall::P *no offence*

i'm not too sure if they did acid wash to my house. But the house was handed over very much cleaner than after-carpentry state. Every single drop of paint stain on the window & grills were cleaned and wiped, but there were some small drops of paint on the floor (near corners and carpentry) which i realised that they missed out only when i was mopping the floor.

We like the Ah neh a lot, if i'm not wrong he's Ah Boy. Does a very thorough job in cleaning and painting touch ups. :bow:

mm.. doesn't sound good then... so far no complain from my neighbour yet..

Probably tomorrow I will clarify with Jason on this, it doesn't seem to be possible for us to clean up all the cement, glue, silicon, etc.. They used cardboard to cover up the tiles, but not thoroughly... There're still many places uncovered. So we tried to cover them ourselves. But the toilets are totally uncovered!! By the time we wanted to cover it, it's already very dirty... And this morning when we went there, we saw that the cardboard at the foyer area which we have nicely covered torned into a few pieces..

Mine did acid wash after tiling. Then after the reno, they polished the floor and cleaned up the stains. My very very old window frame was polished until it looked much newer. And the Ah neh mopped my floor. But I still had to mop it a lot.

have checked with Jason yesterday when he was there, he said before handover they will clean up everything using acid wash. all cements, glue, etc will be removed completely. He said if the cements cannot be washed, they should be the one to be afraid.. With his assurance, now we are not so worry already...

And he also promised to change the cracked tiles for us when the tiler comes to do the box up. but the hole due to the stainless steel pipe, they will only patch it up using cement.

Gd that ur concerns are addressed! I'm pretty satisfied with how the Ah neh managed to revive my yellowish tarnished window panes, and i'm sure those stains on ur flooring will be thoroughly removed. I was so concerned when they did plastering n it landed on my marble floor but in the end worries were uncalled for. :)

Any cracked tile, unevenly cut tiles.. anything that u dun like can always ask them to chge one. They wouldnt take long to just chge the tiles. I made them chge a couple of wall tiles that has got cracked line becos of drilling holes for piping.