Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vernonlcm

Any Recommendation On What To Use On The Wall Between The Hood And Hob?

We are looking for something nice, easy to clean/maintain as well as reasonable pricing to be place on the whole wall between the top and bottom cabinet whereby i put my hood and hob.

Glass looks nice but will in be too fragile and can it also take high temperature? Another thing is to put stainless steel between my top and bottom cabinet but is the cost high? Last but not least, just put ceramic tiles. It should be the cheapest but maybe not as nice as glass and stainless steel right? Or do anyone have other better recommendation other then these 3 which i can think of?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Suggest u add a new consideration.

What looks nice when brand new unused, dun mean look nice when got use. For example.. stainless steel look nice, but if got 1 scratch, will be very obvious. Glass backing also nice, but seems like very good friend of cooking grease.

I am using those country look tiles.. very ununiform pattern, so dirty also look like the weathered look.

So I suggest not to use a sleek finish, but to go for something that is ununifom like granite/marble/ earthern look. But of course.. this must tally with overall kitchen theme.

Suggest u add a new consideration.

What looks nice when brand new unused, dun mean look nice when got use. For example.. stainless steel look nice, but if got 1 scratch, will be very obvious. Glass backing also nice, but seems like very good friend of cooking grease.

I am using those country look tiles.. very ununiform pattern, so dirty also look like the weathered look.

So I suggest not to use a sleek finish, but to go for something that is ununifom like granite/marble/ earthern look. But of course.. this must tally with overall kitchen theme.

Thanks for the suggestion. Will those that you recommend cost high? Actually my budget a bit tight so would like to cut cost whenever possible but still will consider your suggestion as is for long term use.