Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rei

Help! Want To Reno Existing 3 Room Flat

My place is more than 25 years old... Thinking of renovating my kitchen, paint the whole house and change all the piping and wiring...

Any ID or contractor to recommend? First time doing reno... my parents also know nothing... so very scare =X

What should i take note of?

What is the reasonable quotation?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i have posted a guiline for those who is looking for good and responsible contractors, no harm to have a look..........now lots of renovation firms having promotions to atrract house owners and since times is bad and affecting their business....no harm to have a look and drop by their showroom...if you are interested, can drop by IMM and tradehub 21 at Jurong area...however certain renovation firms need to take care of it...........

I also renovated a 25 years old flat just recently. Based on your requirements, it's like hacking the whole house and rebuilding it. It's gonna cost a bomb though it sounds like basic renovations...

If you already have a design in mind, go for a contractor. If no idea, go for an ID but price will be higher by 5% maybe? My renovation costed me $37,000 but should be cheaper if I just stick to one contractor. Too bad for me, I met a very sucky and dishonest one that I had to terminate his service.

hi all,

I ve just bought a 30 years 3NG unit at amk...1st appt mid of Jan next year....

May i know is 3 weeks enough for a 3 room overhaul?

1. Hack all floor and wall tiles for toilet and kitchen,

2. Overlay laminate for living and bedroom,

3. Custom made 2 full height wardrobe for master and guest room.

4. Tear down & remove the existing old kitchen cabinet and wardrobes in the 2 bedrooms.

5. Plaster whole house wall and ceiling, rewiring electricity, painting etc...etc....

pls advise....thanks...

hi all,

4. Tear down & remove the existing old kitchen cabinet and wardrobes in the 2 bedrooms.

5. Plaster whole house wall and ceiling, rewiring electricity, painting etc...etc....

pls advise....thanks...

6 Weeks Fastest From Wat I See.3 Weeks Is Impossible

6 Weeks Fastest From Wat I See.3 Weeks Is Impossible

Hi Jacky,

Thanks for your reply...

Very headache cos after collecting the keys we left not much time to do reno...

Do you know how many days does we need to get the permit from HDB for hacking of floor and wall tiles?

I m confused cos heard different answers in the forum. Some says 3 days and some says 2 weeks???? :dunno:

Please enlighten.....Thanks

Hi Jacky,

Thanks for your reply...

Do you know how many days does we need to get the permit from HDB for hacking of floor and wall tiles?

I m confused cos heard different answers in the forum. Some says 3 days and some says 2 weeks???? :dunno:

Application For Hacking Can Be Approved Immediately Though The Actual Date Of Hacking Have To Be

3 Working Days Later.Hacking Of Certain Walls Might Be Termed Under "Pending Items" & Take 2 Weeks Or

More To Approve.If U Are Only Hacking Wall & Floor Tiles Then U Got Nothing To Worry About

I also renovated a 25 years old flat just recently. Based on your requirements, it's like hacking the whole house and rebuilding it. It's gonna cost a bomb though it sounds like basic renovations...

If you already have a design in mind, go for a contractor. If no idea, go for an ID but price will be higher by 5% maybe? My renovation costed me $37,000 but should be cheaper if I just stick to one contractor. Too bad for me, I met a very sucky and dishonest one that I had to terminate his service.

Hey AMI,

I saw your signature, which company you engaged, A very "SUCKY & DISHONEST" Contractor from Beauty World. My one is also from Beauty World, can you PM me..

I hope is not the same Contractor.. :(:bangwall:

Edited by johnnyong

Application For Hacking Can Be Approved Immediately Though The Actual Date Of Hacking Have To Be

3 Working Days Later.Hacking Of Certain Walls Might Be Termed Under "Pending Items" & Take 2 Weeks Or

More To Approve.If U Are Only Hacking Wall & Floor Tiles Then U Got Nothing To Worry About

Thanks Jacky :)

hi ,mine reno was been done up by sheryl from plush living ,price reasonable and give alot of idea to me.maybe she can help u out .u can pm me i give u her mobile no.:dancingqueen:

Hi Jacky,

Thanks for your reply...

Hi roamca,

perhaps u can check with the existing owner if they are actually moving out early, if so, probably you could get ur ID to arrange an idemnity form from HDB between you and the existing home owner to proceed with the reno even earlier den the handover date...? Used to handle a few such cases before for some clients, but of cos the existing owner has to agree.

3 days approval hacking in most circumstances, would be for general hack of floor and wall tiles as such, however, if you gonna hack down walls and etc, it would require 2 weeks or more, depending on the HDB officer and whether you require a PE endorsement.

Hope it helps...

Hi roamca,

perhaps u can check with the existing owner if they are actually moving out early, if so, probably you could get ur ID to arrange an idemnity form from HDB between you and the existing home owner to proceed with the reno even earlier den the handover date...? Used to handle a few such cases before for some clients, but of cos the existing owner has to agree.

3 days approval hacking in most circumstances, would be for general hack of floor and wall tiles as such, however, if you gonna hack down walls and etc, it would require 2 weeks or more, depending on the HDB officer and whether you require a PE endorsement.

Hope it helps...

Hi ahben83, Thank u for your suggestion..we had asked the seller before and they said they will not be moving out early so....no chance :(

We are very rush is also because do not want to clash with qing ming(1st week April) where no reno and house shifting is allowed according to our FS master...Must settle the reno and move in by end of march...

Our 1st appt mid of January and our agent told us most likely will get our keys during 1st week March.

hi ,mine reno was been done up by sheryl from plush living ,price reasonable and give alot of idea to me.maybe she can help u out .u can pm me i give u her mobile no.:dancingqueen:

Hi min2118, will try contact them when i got my floor plan in mid of January. Thanks alot :)

Hi Rei,

I engaged Systm Space Planning & Consultation and had problem-free with them.

I worked with Tiley Low and he is superb. He will share ideas on how to cut cost and what I like best is his honesty and helpfulness.

Though I spent lots of time communicating with him my expectations, I left him to supervise the whole project once job started and I am very satisfied with him. I only inspected the site twice.

I'm also currently working with him to renovate my parents place.

Hope this info helps and here's his mobile 98525021.

My place is more than 25 years old... Thinking of renovating my kitchen, paint the whole house and change all the piping and wiring...

Any ID or contractor to recommend? First time doing reno... my parents also know nothing... so very scare =X

What should i take note of?

What is the reasonable quotation?

i think u can try *... quite good.. :good:

hi all,

pls advise....thanks...

Hi roamca,

I also just bought a 30 years 3NG unit at amk 1st appt also mid of Jan next year

Just wonder have you got your contractor? How much they charge you for the renovation if you do not mind sharing.

Thanks