Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ms Polar

Path To Polar's Cave

Hi folks!

First of all, I would like to thank all the kind souls here at Renotalk for providing this informative ground for all new home owners. Actually, I have started following Renotalk only quite recently when I was looking for ideas and inspirations whilst renovating my place.

Having gone through a few home/ office renovations prior to this, I was adamant to proceed on my own this time round in hope to save some monies. The contractor whom I've gotten is one whom just completed my office's renovations.

The requirements for the main contracting works are quite standard.

Here's the list briefly:

• No major demolition and construction works

• Changing of all existing floor and wall tiles (Living/kitchen/WC)

• Laminates for all bedroom

• Removing of all existing false ceiling/ Re-construction of L- boxes (Living/ MBR)

• Carpentry (Living/Kitchen/MBR/BR1/BR2)

• Painting & all other standard items in the reno package…

Out of main con's job scope

• PD doors/ shower screen for common bathrm.

• Fabric panel headboard (MBR/BR 1)

• Electrical works

• Bedrm Doors from Yontat

However, it hasn't been easy. I’m glad to have enough imagination, courage and gut instinct to embark on my own. Not to mention the lack of 3D drawings/drawings to visualize and also constructive inputs/ suggestions from main con to aid in the major decision making process. In the end, after much soughted help externally, I managed to get some decent layout and furniture plans, but that's about it! I so so heart some of the 3D drawings I've seen at Renotalk. :dribble:

All right, cut the story short! I shall fast forward to let you guys catch a glimpse of my expedition…

June 07- Place Hunt

Jan 08- Cave identified- 5yrs old 5RM unit@ Buangkok

April 08- 2nd apt completed, official take over

Mid April 08- Reno-in-progress

Mid June 08- MOVED IN- Reno-in-progress

1st July- Retrification works in progress

More floor plans and pixs coming…

orgfloorplanal4.th.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hmm... wonder if i should jump stright to the 'after' pixs.

Here be greeted by my painting of 10 years inherited from my ex-ex apartment .

My main door entrance

entrance1013kn8.th.jpg

Anyone here could teach me how to resize the picture so need not click to view...

Ms Polar, your place looks nice and cozy. I'm going to renovate my premium 5 floor end this year and is rather tight on budget too. Possible to PM who your ID or Contractor is and how much the reno cost?

Thanks a million :)

Ms Polar, your place looks nice and cozy. I'm going to renovate my premium 5 floor end this year and is rather tight on budget too. Possible to PM who your ID or Contractor is and how much the reno cost?

Thanks a million :)

Hi Bleudust

Sorry for replying late, just return from my overseas trip...

Anyway, on my contractor's contact, I'm afraid I can't disclose cos what I am getting is a very special rate as opposed to the market prices. What I can say is, I've spent less than 40k for all plus furnitures and electronic appliances.

Good luck on your renovations! :yamseng: