Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Herman1609

Outdoor Wood Flooring For Balcony

Hi Guys,

My and my fiance getting a 5 rm flat in Tampines. There's a rather big balcony that I intend to lay outdoor wood flooring. The balcony area is about 3.5m by 3.2m.

Any one knows how much i can expect to pay? Or has good lobang, or any general experiences to share?

Sorry i don't have a clearer picture to share..

bal.jpg

Thanks all,

Darren

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Guys,

My and my fiance getting a 5 rm flat in Tampines. There's a rather big balcony that I intend to lay outdoor wood flooring. The balcony area is about 3.5m by 3.2m.

Any one knows how much i can expect to pay? Or has good lobang, or any general experiences to share?

Sorry i don't have a clearer picture to share..

bal.jpg

Thanks all,

Darren

Hi! You got a BIG balcony..... :jawdrop:

I recently got a quote for overlaying the weather proof wood from my ID, my balcony is approx 3.6m x 1.7m, $1800.

I've decided to give it a miss due to budget constraint.

Dunno is cheap or not.....

Edited by fortunecookie

Hi! You got a BIG balcony..... :jawdrop:

I recently got a quote for overlaying the weather proof wood from my ID, my balcony is approx 3.6m x 1.7m, $1800.

I've decided to give it a miss due to budget constraint.

Dunno is cheap or not.....

ID has a mark-up I would think, you might want to go direct to the companies that do this. I used Hendon Creation.

Edited by l_club23

wow!!!!!!!

big balcony leh!

envy!

can always sit there, drink kopi and eat chips with wifey......so romantic!

i've heard dat chengai wood is very good for harsh outdoor conditions. Of course, the price is not cheap either. :)

Er,

Not to rain on your parade.....

Or to get cold feet from watery eyes.....

Dampen your spirts or anything......

You get the idea.

Wood at balcony? Rain how? I saw some special waterresistance wood, but they will cost $

chengai wood can tahan the rain

my aunt just finished reno on her condo

balcony was small with chengai wood

damage was 1400

so maybe u can try for better px

Where to get the stainless steel bar which goes round the balcony? I have a balcony which has a waist level height and in my opinion poses a risk of falling over. Anyone knows where to find one of this as shown in the picture? My old flat is on the second floor. ^^

Hi Guys,

Thanks all,

Darren

Dear Darren,

There's a tile supplier at defu lane that have an outdr tiles, it look like garden tiles or pavement, avail in black or maroon and come in square or rectangle, it can absorb water but it porous. cheap to use. look okie.. (I'm using them at my EM balcony) total cost for my space area is about $350.00. The outdr wood will be like 3k for your size...if i m not wrong.

There's a tile supplier at defu lane that have an outdr tiles, it look like garden tiles or pavement, avail in black or maroon and come in square or rectangle, it can absorb water but it porous. cheap to use. look okie.. (I'm using them at my EM balcony) total cost for my space area is about $350.00. The outdr wood will be like 3k for your size...if i m not wrong.

any pic?

Guest makiy30

anyone know the kind of wood that they use for those big lorries kind. can it be used for outdoor area?

i reason that if it can withstand the weather on a lorry, it should good for outdoor usage, but not sure wat kind of wood is it.

Thanks all for the advises and suggestions!

In the end decided to drop the wood idea, partly due to cost, and partly cos i scared my dog pee pee in the balcony.. the the smell will get soaked into the wood or seep underneath and... u know la...