Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kopitehC

Wiw Layout (do Load Pictures For Everyone Of Us) :)

Hey everyone,

I believe most of us are doing WIW, and I'm doing so for my home too.

I hope to accumulate as many pictures and ideas for everyone to share

Would like to see pictures of wardrobes and also the layout inside.

Start rolling ya?

It will be a good thread for everyone here.

:)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I'm doing one also, not yet started but doing so not because we're a fan, becoz to save space :-p, will upload once my WIW is completed..hehe

I'm still in the midst of deciding how i want mine to look like.

I opt for doors.. cause in the long run its easiler to maintain

Hiaz,,, all the doors look the same, doesn't seem special to me,,, i'm running out of ideas liao...

also am deciding on the inner layout also.

Edited by kopitehC

doors for WIW? why not consider open? you should have a main sliding door to the WIW right? if open, just decide on the layout and colour can liao lor :unsure: mine little WIW not ready leh therefore no picture :(

hi babytan, because of the direction of my bed due to fengshui, the only place i can have my wardrobe is outside the bathroom, so i opt for walk in concept instead of walk in wardrobe, cause everytime i need to use the bathroom, i have to walk thru the wardrobes before i reach the bathroom, so with everyday thru and fro, i'm worried that it will be dusty.

kopitechC,

in that case, i'll go with the doors if i'm you also. Not forgeting the moist from the toilet, the clothes will smell too.

yeah, i'm thinking of long run thus decided to add doors.

my wardrobe is 12ft in total, wanted bigger but due to limited space, i can only do 12ft. I wanted at least 15ft.

My current wardrobe at my current house is also 12ft. hiaz,, too small for me.

I'm hacking 2 bedrooms into 1, so 1 side is bed and tv, the other side where the toilet is is will be wardrobe and study area.

Wow 12ft is quite long already! I'm only doing 10ft due to space contraints, can't squeeze everything into a room even though i hacked 2 rooms into 1 also. Like yours too, one side in the bedroom, the other side is the study area. + study cabinets + WIW.

Hey,

Sounds fun to have collective intelligence!

I did mine late last year already. can see the pix in the following links:

http://www.lobopix.myphotoalbum.com/view_a...um05&page=7

http://www.lobopix.myphotoalbum.com/view_a...um05&page=8

http://www.lobopix.myphotoalbum.com/view_a...um05&page=9

my wardrobe is not a big one and the structure is rather simple..not much fancy stuff.

we have to extend the MBR into the kitchen to "steal" some space to allow for a not so squeezy walkway. To cut carpentry cost and permit light to go into the kitchen area (behind the wardrobe) we used the pole system from IKEA which is actually quite sturdy and affordable :) So far no compliants :)

Hope the ball can keep rolling ya! :yamseng:

Mine is only 9 ft long... 4.5 ft at each side with a full height mirror in the centre. Quite a small WIW but prefer to not to "eat" into the adjoining room since it would probably be used as kid's room in future. Decided to go without a door to save cost. Will be putting up a curtain made of heavy fabric at the entrance of the WIW instead.

Babyloo,

Your place is very nice and interesting concept. I like your open concept toilet. You don't seems to have much storage space there though.

kopitehC,

me too! need LOTS of storage. We decided to simply store all our junks into the room where our maid sleeps. Just buy boxes and Toyogo drawers..cheaper alternative.

Babyloo,

Your place is very nice and interesting concept. I like your open concept toilet. You don't seems to have much storage space there though.

Hey Cherry,

Ya given that our house is just a 3 room and my hubby hates claustrophobic space, i am constantly reminded to minimize uncessary stuff/ purchase...lol.. :dancingqueen:

But somehow, we still need to hide our junks..so we created a small storeroom (like 1.2 feet by 1 feet big only) to dump all our stuff and even a mahjong table inside haha...

The queen size bed also doubles up as our mega storage as the underneath compartment is fully accessible for storage purpose.

Storage is like $, the more the merrier..keke :sport-smiley-018:

babylobo,

i love storage under the bed as well, had 4 drawers at my current place underneath but hubby seems to hates them and thus, our new bed is bought off the shelf with only 4 legs....duh.