Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

CNA reports that NEA is conducting a pilot project in 200 homes in the North West and South West Community Development Councils, to help households in these areas monitor their energy consumption.

The six-month pilot project will begin this month, and focuses on families in four- and five-room flats.

The devices will be installed free of charge by NEA and Bridex, the company behind the device.

Mr Ng's energy-saving ways, together with those of 11 other families will be featured in a new programme titled "Energy Savers", which will start running this Thursday on MediaCorp's Channel 8 at 8pm.

The show will challenge the 12 households to reduce their energy consumption by at least 10 per cent and invent creative ideas on how to save electricity. The winning household stands to win S$5,000.

Those not involved in the trial can buy the S$200 device at Home-Fix stores from next week.

Energy Consumption Tracker

Consumers may wish to invest in a tool that helps them to not only monitor their total energy usage like the EVS but also ascertain which specific energy intensive appliances are the major energy loads.

An Energy Consumption Tracker (ECT) is being developed by a local company, Bridex Harwal Pte Ltd, with support from NEA. The ECT can track the real-time energy consumption of key energy-consuming appliances in the home and display energy consumption information in kilowatt-hours and dollar value. It can also display households' monthly energy consumption for the past 12 months, which can enable households to track the effectiveness of their energy conservation efforts in reducing their overall energy consumption.

etrack_front.gifetrack_side.gif

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
If I'm not wrong, there is however a guideline to which kind of solar films you can use under the renovation guide of HDB. I think cannot use those reflective type. You can check it out in the HDB website. I also intend to use solar films for my windows to prolong the lifespan of the furnitures as well as reno.

Click under "Examples of Renovation Works Not Allowed"

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10205p.nsf/WP...ed?OpenDocument

alright.. noted.. :)

For fridge, actually was considering the Fisher & Paykel 512L.

For washing machine, Hitachi HJ80 (8L). But dunno good or not. Saw on last weekends papers, Courts selling Samsung 8L washer for $298. So cheap. But din go to check it out.

Hob and Hood no preference. Need an oven too.

I have my sources for my items

For Fridge that is the same model I am looking at refer to my sources in my blog. I make some comparison perhaps it will be useful to you the diff is abt $200

One tips is to go to Shopping Mall to get the model then try to go to neighbourhood electrical shop to chk the prices

Welcome New Neighbours!

Edited by herbman76

CNA reports that NEA is conducting a pilot project in 200 homes in the North West and South West Community Development Councils, to help households in these areas monitor their energy consumption.

this is reported in news just now hee...

Edited by herbman76

Hi all, if I want to paint my service yard, any isea where is the boundary I should stop painting? Heard that if paint outside the boundary of the house will be fined. Is it true? Thanks.

Hi all, if I want to paint my service yard, any isea where is the boundary I should stop painting? Heard that if paint outside the boundary of the house will be fined. Is it true? Thanks.

if u keep within the service yard window as the cut off point, u should be safe. I also painted until there, but painted white, similar to the outside wall colour.

if u keep within the service yard window as the cut off point, u should be safe. I also painted until there, but painted white, similar to the outside wall colour.

i might be tiling up my service yard wall, instead of painting it.

saw from one of the flats there, seems quite a good idea, dun need to maintain it next time by painting it.

Got a thought here on renovation & home furnishing: What's the most arduous buying decision you have to make so far?

For me, it's mattress - still unable to decide what's the most suitable one that is within budget. And the phenomenon that similar mattresses often have different names doesn't help at all!

What's yours?

Mattress Buying Guide.

Edited by DSA

Got a thought here on renovation & home furnishing: What's the most arduous buying decision you have to make so far?

For me, it's mattress - still unable to decide what's the most suitable one that is within budget. And the phenomenon that similar mattresses often have different names doesn't help at all!

What's yours?

Mattress Buying Guide.

I was like you too 2 months back, but my advise to you is to lie down @ least 10 to 15 mins & try all the beds & make a record of those that you feel is comfortable for you & your partner. Usually, men are on the heavier side as compared to their partners. However, both of you have to compromise your comfort level and of cos to be within your budget. Do take note that branded does not necessarily mean that it is comfortable to you and/or to your partner. Don't trust what the sales people say cos end of the day they just wana close more sales.

Hi guys,

I am looking for a washing machine, any reliable brands that you guys know?

Actually, I thought of F&P, since I will be getting the fridge....

Please recommend...

Thanks in advance!

The six-month pilot project will begin this month, and focuses on families in four- and five-room flats.

The devices will be installed free of charge by NEA and Bridex, the company behind the device.

Mr Ng's energy-saving ways, together with those of 11 other families will be featured in a new programme titled "Energy Savers", which will start running this Thursday on MediaCorp's Channel 8 at 8pm.

The show will challenge the 12 households to reduce their energy consumption by at least 10 per cent and invent creative ideas on how to save electricity. The winning household stands to win S$5,000.

Those not involved in the trial can buy the S$200 device at Home-Fix stores from next week.

Energy Consumption Tracker

Consumers may wish to invest in a tool that helps them to not only monitor their total energy usage like the EVS but also ascertain which specific energy intensive appliances are the major energy loads.

An Energy Consumption Tracker (ECT) is being developed by a local company, Bridex Harwal Pte Ltd, with support from NEA. The ECT can track the real-time energy consumption of key energy-consuming appliances in the home and display energy consumption information in kilowatt-hours and dollar value. It can also display households' monthly energy consumption for the past 12 months, which can enable households to track the effectiveness of their energy conservation efforts in reducing their overall energy consumption.

etrack_front.gifetrack_side.gif

Cool! are you buying that to try?

Perhaps can buy and monitor....after my reno. Haha.

Think today Digital Life also got one short article on this, if my memory doesn't fail...

I was like you too 2 months back, but my advise to you is to lie down @ least 10 to 15 mins & try all the beds & make a record of those that you feel is comfortable for you & your partner. Usually, men are on the heavier side as compared to their partners. However, both of you have to compromise your comfort level and of cos to be within your budget. Do take note that branded does not necessarily mean that it is comfortable to you and/or to your partner. Don't trust what the sales people say cos end of the day they just wana close more sales.

Bro I got it too! 19 August :)

Bro I got it too! 19 August :)

yo... i staying on the 3rd floor. And the coincidence part! the neighbour beside my unit is my NS understudy.. haha.. got to discover when we went to recee the neighbourhood... such a small world..

anyway, me not getting keys so soon. paying the 5% downpayment first. will be collecting the keys after ROM which is 2nd of sept!!! :)

Just asking, anyone thinking of hacking down the bedroom to make your master bedroom more spacious? For me, i am kinda of tempted to do it as i wouldnt be staying with my parents. but, at the same time, worry abt the hefty reno cost.

yokoyoko & DSA: Thanks for the pics! Roughly understand but I think hor ... such stuff leave it to my ah lau to go and research. I do the reno stuff, he settle electrical stuff. :notti:

happyhouseowner: We also might wanna consider Fisher & Paykel for our fridge. Know of where can get good lobangs for this brand? Coz those neighbourhood electrical shops don't seem to be carrying this brand.

I m not sure myself either. Heard from bro-in-law can try to check with Goh Ah Bee. I have not check yet.

Just asking, anyone thinking of hacking down the bedroom to make your master bedroom more spacious?

there's a beam there, u probably can't knock down the whole portion.